Damage calculation vs titans

Greetings!
I tried searching the forums for an answer to this, but I couldn’t find anything.

Is it at some point beneficial to change e.g., Tiburtus, for a hero of much higher tile damage vs titans?
In other terms, when does the, in this case, -34 def become useless compared to higher tile damage?
In my case, I was wondering about replacing an unemblemed Tiburtus(673 AP) for a fully emblemed c.Domitia with almost 900 attack power.
Thanks!

Against titans, you get the best result if you have the following heroes:

1. Tile Damage Booster (Miki, Tarlak, Guardian Gazelle, Ranvir or Wu Kong, generally in that order),
  2. Regular Defense Debuffer (depends on the element of the titan being faced; the best against red titans is Athena, the best against blue titans is Frigg, the best against green titans is Santa Claus/Wilbur, the best against yellow titans is Cheshire Cat/Kunchen, and the best against purple titans is costumed Vivica),
  3. Elemental Defense Debuffer (depends on the element of the titan being faced; the best against red titans is King Arthur, the best against blue titans is Evelyn, the best against green titans is Guardian Falcon, the best against yellow titans is Guardian Panther and the best against purple titans is Guardian Jackal),
  4. Heroes that are of an element strong against the titan and that have high attack stat with other benefits, i.e. crit bonus, attack buff, defense buff, etc.

Battle items such as mana pots, tornado, scroll of alteration, etc are very useful also.

2 Likes

You can make a trial and observe the tile damage with both versions, but I think -34% def has far more weight than +300 or so attack.
If you have already 3 or 4 purples stacked your atk may increase from 2000 to 2300, about 15%, -34% def should result in something like +50% damage.

Edit for reference:

Thank you for your answer.
I know all of this and maybe my thread was a bit imprecise. I should have pointed out that titans were just an example.

1 Like

Thank you!
I read that, and I guess this can be easily tested against map bosses. I was just wondering if it existed some kind of easily understandable and concluding findings.

This may be relevant, and is certainly interesting:

This link should help, which shows the damage calculation.

I’d try to do some of the math myself, but I’m on my phone and just linking is hard enough…

From looking, I’d think the -34% defense is worth much more than an additional 300 sword attack (assuming you have other 4* attackers).

Damage ≈ 100 x ( θ x Att / Def ) ^ 1.35 :crossed_swords:

:point_right: Tile damage is divided by three
:point_right: The defense of the team managed by the AI is increased by 20% (certainly only concerns PvP fights)
:point_right: θ is a random parameter between exp(-.5)=0.606 and exp(.5)=1.649.