Damage calculation of Cobalt 3x Mana - SG, really?!

Nope, the ninja still bypasses Sif like she isn’t there. Apparently the only viable strategies to have a chance at stopping the damage altogether are blind, dodge, or mana control. The other option is to reduce his attack ala someone like Richard or Alice. Everything else is worthless against him.

1 Like

Se referia a que su ataque tiene una alta probabilidad de ignorar los refuerzos del alvo!!

The ninjas with frigg odin are so op that its not even funny. If you guys have any brain cells you will not rush out to get frigg or odin or ninjas. Its like tell vela combo. They will be nerfed.

I was ok with tell and vella. I could kill them regularly. But this ninjas frigg odin combo is so op that if sg doesnt fix it then they are the most “stupedist” developer to ever be in existence!

3 Likes

This is not how defensive mana gain works. If this were how defensive mana gain worked, I would be in full agreement with you that ninjas are OP, but it simply is not accurate…

In defence heroes gain mana even faster than in offence - from ANY COLOR shield + just every move.

Correct, except 8 tiles or even 9 tiles do not charge an average hero. Which is what was said. Which was incorrect. So they do not charge faster in respect to tiles. They generally charge faster due to the fact that off color tiles also charge them

Wtf are you saying? Of course they charge faster because of tiles… defender charge their mana when you dump tiles at them + a little mana every turn

And they gain mana every move. In most cases the heroes in the defense gain mana faster than the heroes in the offence (the closer to the center, the faster). All this is done from the considerations that the AI in this game is stupider than the player. That is why they also gain mana faster, and have + 20% to attack about which is not written anywhere, and they can hit exactly those targets for which they want (usually it’s healers and hero with low health).

You stated that it takes 8 tiles to charge a ninja defender to x2. I stated that this is incorrect. The only way this is correct is if you hit him with 8 tiles and sit around for 5 or so turns to charge him fully. I was just pointing out the inaccuracy. There is no 1:1 correlation with tiles to charge an attacker with tiles to charge the same defender is all that I’m pointing out.

To clarify, I’m in agreement with your analysis that x2 charge is the defending ninja’s best “bang for your buck” when factoring in reliability vs damage output. That said, when a ninja fires at x1 I celebrate because they do so little. When they fire at x3 I typically have an answer ready before they are ready, as this is slower than even a VSlow defender. X2 is the defensive sweet spot, but is essentially the same as an average speed defender.

My only quarrel with your statement is that 8 tiles does not inherently charge a ninja defender to x2, the same way that making a diamond with all 5 tiles onto the ninja would not charge them to x1. To imply otherwise is a mischaracterization of how defensive mana gain operates.

1 Like

I like to fight them

Now try again against garnet on the center flank by frigg and odin

2 Likes

We demand justice!!! We demand the nerf hammer!!!

I run a combo of garnet, Odin, frigg and cobalt and it is very beatable judging by how many times I get popped for 50 plus trophies.

Once the tank is down, target cobalt with snipers. It’s not that tough.

It is really hard to guess ninjas’ special abilities

Lol of course no defenses are unbetabled but what matter is the %rate victory/defeat.

BTW you miss onyx for the max dodge tiles/SS and the insane reflect.

What people are missing is that in order to run a ninja trio, you must run a healer tank (think slightly better Grazul) that can serve as a tile dump on bad boards and a purple ninja, generally at wing, that I’d personally rate as maybe fourth best purple in that slot. This also necessitates not running Gravemaker, and also necessarily excludes you from running one of the following better options: Frigg/cKad, Finley, or Drake/Odin. This is all not even to mention that S4 will have at least one hero that will severely punish extra HP heroes, further discouraging already lackluster Garnet tanks, with even more to come I’d wager.

2 Likes

Garnet can fire two or three times on average board and/or tiles evade.
When that happens you can no longer elemental debuff then snipe the wings cause the block is still applying or if not they have too much HP now to be snipe and they till have a chance to dodge or reflect.

You may think she’s too passive but she’s not, she really fulfills her role as tank which is giving time for the flank and wings to fire.

When you face onyx/frigg/garnet/odin/cobalt there is no room for average board cause all of them will punish you if they fire and there are few reliable counters, the best ones being the taunted I.e. BK/QoH/krampus which are behind huge paywall…

I face them all of the time in wars since red tanks came into vogue near the top, and can tell you that I’d significantly rather face Garnet than a BK. She’s honestly about a push with Gravemaker, and that’s saying a lot since there is a huge drop-off in tank quality after BK.

1 Like

Was in a few 2v2 wars recently… my defense of cobalt, Frigg, garnet, Odin, and onyx got one shot more in each one then Seshat, Kingston, gm, lepus, musashi… it’s a small sample size and unsure what they attacked me with but I guess I’m just agreeing that yeah, it’s not an “auto win” team like folks suggest and can actually perform worse then standard old school Hotm defenses in cases. The biggest difference with BK tanking is that even with a good board, an accidental cascade into Frigg after BK goes down and she can wipe your whole team, thankfully garnet doesn’t create that type of situation.

Also of note, I think the Bera and freya defenses flanked by Frigg and Odin are more dangerous then the ninja defenses… just my opinion.

3 Likes