Cyberbullying and mental disorders

I agree. Everyone brings their own unique piece of the puzzle that makes a complete picture. My strength is definitely not in war strat.

Come to think of it… I’m not sure what my strength is… :rofl::thinking:

10 Likes

Maybe that’s a matter of definition.

I keep track of our wars with some excel analysis and I change the alliance message according to our strategy. That strategy is approved by all older members (the newer ones just have to adopt it, because it was set up before them, lol), but we’re all open to other ideas. For example, a member wanted to try the same-color-tank-strategy, ended up with some Grimms as tanks, unfortunately…another one suggested to change the wednesday strategy because of the return to standard time…
So I’m the war strategist. But that’s only a title :smiley:

On the other hand: when it comes to hand-picked opponents for each member, then…I for myself would flee from that alliance, others might as well manage quite good with that :smiley:

6 Likes

We’re still figurin it out. Mainly to keep us from lookin like 1 big sausage fest tho

2 Likes

I almost went with math’s meat market for our alliance name.

This is completely off topic. I apologize to the OP.

8 Likes

What i mean is not anarchy of course.
In the end it’s clear that to be effective you must act togheter as a whole.

But to reach that point you have several ways.
The most easy (and boring) is having one person decide that.

For me games are meant to be funny, not to win no matter what.

If having a funny discussion among everyone lead on a failing strategy, i’m more happy rather then win like brainless soldiers.

Win is cool, but not as cool as having fun.

Most of my best memories involve me doing some really stupid things.

5 Likes

However… it does give you some insight as to how other alliances, and alliance mates, interact. So maybe I was more on topic than I thought. Yeah., I’m gonna go with that.

8 Likes

Oh, I always joke inside and outside of war. It’s never completely serious. It’s just these last few alliances went south.

2 Likes

Lol some of my best memories are you doin really stupid things too

Jk

4 Likes

True we always try to keep it light

2 Likes

It is not only you of course.

I tend to avoid (and i suggest you do as well, considering your problems) people that tend to criticize too much your conduct or your actions.

You can’t really change others (expecially via mobile phone) so you’re always have to deal with them the way they are.

Fortunately good people usually tend to stick togheter, so you may find some really warm alliances.

5 Likes

First, not everyone is that way. I completely understand - my dad suffers from ptsd. It’s no joke.

You have a decent list from Rigs already. I’d add Creatures of Habit is fairly laid back and I think is hitting 8-9* titans.

If you want something entirely laid back, Carter Men is hitting 3-4* titans. My alt account is in there as leader.

4 Likes

I am very sorry that you are having this kind of experience.

I am glad that you had the courage to make this post.

I am super pumped by the kind words and reactions of all of the GOOD people that are a part of this forum. The beauty of it is that the above people are mostly in top alliances which is a good example of how even the most competitive alliances can show empathy and kindness when it comes to this game.

@Rigs
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
You Rock!!!

This really is the whole point of the game. @Math4lyfe is a leader in a respected top 100 Alliance and is a great example of the players in this game that consistently show their integrity.

@Elpis
Here is a rock solid statement and it’s total Truth!!!

I am convinced that because of your courage you’ll find an alliance that is both competitive and supportive.

@GoDziLLa42
Hopefully all of this feedback and kindness will help you understand that although unfortunate you have run into some of the worst of the game.
But I strongly believe from being a player for almost 2 years that this is the minority and not the majority of the way most people are around here.
Best of luck in the future and Godspeed!!!

7 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Our Alliance would absolutely not tolerate mistreatment in any form. I believe there are numerous alliances with basic moral standards for you to join. If you would like to try ours you are more than welcome to. Just search Strange Circles in game. We have an ad on the forum also.

6 Likes

I remember seeing you before on another thread asking for help in game and turned into a hateful alliance. I may check you guys out. Give me some time to think. But, thank you for the invite.

4 Likes

To the OP… don’t sweat it. Take your time and find a decent Alliance that fits your needs. Like in real life this game has people that are just “asses”. It’s not good when anyone doesn’t enjoy this game because of that! So, move on and chalk it up to …most of us playing this game have gone through a few alliances until they found the “ right fit”. GL

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience (or 3) with alliances. If you are looking for a friendly alliance where you will not encounter that type of behavior, I recommend Infinite Waters alliance. I hope you find what you are looking for.

3 Likes

You are playing this game for personal enjoyment. If you’re not enjoying it because people in your alliance offend you, you should just leave.

You may have to jump around a bit to find an alliance that is supportive, nurturing, or whatever else you are looking for, but that’s no big deal.

I would not stay because of the alliance strategist. S/he probably doesn’t comprehend your level of distress. If someone told me they had PTSD and the game communication was triggering anxiety or flashbacks, I would tell them to do whatever they need to do to get back in a good mental state. Now. Immediately. Don’t linger in a bad place.

Take care of yourself.

8 Likes

I don’t fault your alliance. It’s no surprise that an alliance that takes war seriously and where leadership takes a strong hand could have some conflict. Some people are looking for such an alliance. It’s clearly a very bad fit for you.

1 Like

And trust your instincts! If you’re starting to feel uncomfortable or picking up bad vibes, say a nice goodbye and move on to another alliance.

You really need to find one with strong, friendly and supportive leadership. The tone of the alliance is set from the top, and if leadership isn’t helping you, the whole alliance becomes a free-for-all.

Set your standards high and expect the alliance to meet them!

7 Likes

Depends

We typically dont throw rocks at poor performances. We usually just make suggestions for them to improve.

Of course there are some of us with thicker skin that take cracks at each other but no harm done as we know each other well enough to know what crosses a line and what doesn’t

I should mention that just by reading the OP, that alliance sounds completely disorganized and are not even in the same book with each other, let alone the same page. So doesn’t sound like a typical war prioritizing alliance to me

8 Likes