I think we’re at the point where most of the PvP fights end one way or the other as soon as 2-3 specials are launched (by turn 6-7).
Individual hero balance changes that are necessary to amend this would be too severe and unfair to those who have spent a lot of money to get all of the meta heroes.
What I propose instead is to cut ALL damage and ALL healing in the game by half, effectively doubling the amount of turns in a PvP fight.
- This allows more space for skill-based gameplay (boardwork, tactics)
- This reduces board frustrations since you have more time to get the right tiles.
- This fixes a lot of the balance frustrations (current meta is Telly + 4 fast heroes that 100-0 the enemy team if they fire once)
- This allows slow/very slow heroes to see the light of day, since you should have enough time to get the extra match and use their powerful abilities to full effect. Same goes for defense.
- This is a way to rebalance the entire game and shake up the meta without a single touch to individual heroes. A new meta will organically develop from scratch, while all the heroes are essentially unchanged (and thus nothing to complain about).
- People don’t like seeing low numbers. This will definitely not be well-received until everyone gets used to the change.
- PvE needs to remain unchanged somehow. Doubling the PvE fight length will cause the grind to become unbearable.