Curious to learn new strategies - everyone post their A-team, and explain why they are your A-team

Mine is (left to right) Rigard, Kingston, Magnu (costumed), Grazul, and Joon.

Reason why is because I like the mana-consistency of a Rainbow team, it keeps a stronger healer with Cleanse in my party, along with a weak (but fast) healer with an omni-block against debuffs, and three Fast Cannons, which charge up at about the same speed, and only two of which need to be charged to kill any one Hero (usually) in a single turn.

In addition, it gives me two offensive debuffs that mitigate incoming damage (-50% attack and Blind), and one that lowers enemy defense, for extra “Uumph” in my follow-up.

In my opinion, it’s a very reliable all-purpose line-up. But I’m open to suggestions to improve it.

3 Likes

My all around best team that I use as my saving grace to defeat almost any team is:

Finley-Killhare-Grazul-CRichard-Natalya

Grazul keeps everyone safe. She completely triumphs over the likes of Telly, Vela, Grave, Yunan, Onatel, Frigg, etc. there are too many to name. My only weakness is that my team doesn’t cleanse but nearly 90% of the time i can get Grazul off before the tank does. Also, Grazul blocks killhare’s defense down ailment!

Natalya - she is severely underrated by the forum on offense. Never defense though she sucks there. My +20 Natalya does about 1,150 damage and 1,350 damage to heroes and green heroes respectively. The mana debuff is clutch too. It has saved me sooooo many times because i was given a few extra turns to build up mana. The fact that they are both undispellable is great. Natalya usually takes out 1-2 heroes by herself every match (obviously with addition to tile damage it’s not 100% by herself)

Then the deadly combo of Finley, Killhare, CRichard is self explanatory. Once those three go off in succession it’s game over. Grazul and Natalya hold off the front line until i get the mana I need and then it’s over.

My defense team (Finley-Freya-Heimdell-Drake-Killhare all +20 each) is pretty strong too but rainbow is not as good on offense so they don’t have the same win consistency as my main offense team.

3 Likes

My new go to attack team is Skadi +18 - C Kiril +20 - Fenrir +19 - Grazul +9 - Mitsuko +20.

When the round starts I see if blue or red is a better path to start with. Grazul will block ailments in only 6 tiles. Skadi and Kiril’s specials will go off together…I often hold Fenrir’s special until these two go off, unless I can kill a enemy. With Kiril firing first, skadi will get rid of all minions or kill one and give a little frost/mana stack. Mits is there for 3 things: 1: Kill Blue strikers ready to fire with reflect. 2. Slow down enemies so I can get rid of worthless tiles. 3 Take enough mana away to stop a enemy ready to fire right away…that buys me 2 extra turns.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Nice strategy! And man, Fenrir is BRUTAL!

I actually just drew Skadi myself, leveling her up now - looking forward to seeing her in action.

1 Like

Also curious to learn strategies. My A-team on attack:

Raffaele+18 - Lianna+18 - Malosi+19 - Eve+17 - Vivica+18

Ideas:
Two tanky healers of different color with status cleanse (sadly mine are slow, but better than 4*) to get one activated in time, then slowly snipe opponents.
Eve and Lianna (costume bonus + attack path): Eve first, then Lianna can one-shot most targets
Malosi can block several skills of one target, very often important and he is immune to -def.

Options: Exchange Eve (or Malosi) with Magni+20 for +def

Defense: cKadilen and Clarissa, both paired with snipers, are my best tanks

1 Like

Skadi is the biggest game changer for me since Mitsuko. You’ll have to emblem her to kill more minions. But if you get a stack of 5 or more, 90%chance you have the battle won.

Cheers!

1 Like

That’s kind of what I figured. Those Frost stacks add up!

1 Like

I know that’s alot of slow… JF fires, and with the crit link Elena becomes a beast. Malosi is there to shut down buff/ debuff/ regen. Hiemdall is self explanatory. Marie is there for in between healing/ defense buff, plus the zombies have saved my skin a ton of times.

1 Like

May I make one small suggestion?

Switch out Elena and Heimdall. In second row, Heim is still going to take quite a lot of hits to charge him up, and you’ll make better use of his resurrect ability by bringing Elena (or any other tank you might use, if not Elena) back to life, in addition to his sweet sweet +Max Life ability.

If Heimdall dies first, you will never get to use his Resurrect, even though he is quite the decent tank in his own right.

1 Like

I appreciate the suggestions, Hiemdall is by far and away the best option for tank in my roster, plus I understand trying to utilize his resurrection but it’s so miniscule I cannot depend on it. I experimented with him on left wing, and having him on tank holds more cups.
If I did the strategy you suggested, who would you recommend take tank?

1 Like

That’s fair. I have Heimdall too, and a 30% resurrect chance is not exactly super-reliable, I’ll give you that.

To your question, I’m not really sure, because I don’t know what potential tanks you have in your roster. I assume you probably don’t have Telluria, Aegir, or Zulag? (all fine tanks). Rafaelle also makes a decent tank, though probably not as good as Heimdall.

1 Like

Malosi +18/Chameleon+3/Ariel +18/Sif+11/Skadi+11

Ariel, Sif and Skadi are outstanding as a trio, Malosi provides cover from Black Knight, Krampus, Onatel, etc, and GC both strips even undispellable buffs and makes Skadi utterly demolish minions and weak heroes.

1 Like

Hannibal, Face, Mad Dog and B.A. :grin:
No? :man_shrugging:

For raiding? Costume Rigard is a main stay, and I change the others depending on who I face. In that respect I tend to go 4-1 stacking against either just the tank or against the tank and flank depending who I think my bench can handle better.

3 Likes

GC…?

Not familiar with that acronym.

Guardian Chameleon as mentioned earlier in the post.

2 Likes

I’ve been raiding mono based on the other teams setup for about a year now. But I’ve recently just been using my red mono team for just about everything because it’s so fast and powerful.

C_Marjana^20, Zimkitha^18, Garnet^20, Gravemaker^20, Gefjon^19. Just so much fun and so deadly. Garnet will block ailments and give the health bump, Zimkitty cleanses if they get through. Costumed Marj, Gravy and Gefjon bring the pain. Only thing missing is a debuffer.

I’ll go with different teams when playing the map, but for raids this is pretty much it. Doesn’t matter what the other team looks like.

Heimdall as a tank, the resurrect is non-existant. Basically you kill Heim first or you die.

3 Likes

Ah-ha, gotcha! Sorry, not familiar with that particular Hero, and didn’t realize “Guardian” was part of the name.

1 Like

I have my A defense team and offense team defense is setup so misandra can give mana to the rest of the team and I think the rest are pretty self explanatory

Offense is the following its all fast except rigard though woth lvl 11+ mana troops and costume + mana node he charges as fast as sartana

The synergy is amazing as almur sets up a world of hurt by lianna and decent damage by kadilen but really where she shines is dodges its just as effective on offense and has saved me many times plus add in sartana for another heavy hitter works well in the many blue tank teams out there my dark mono is deadly too though
Screenshot_20210204-132737_Empires

2 Likes

He’s a wizard lizard…or lizard wizard…lol

1 Like