Cup dropping fix – restrict revenge team power relative to defense team power

My English is bad, I’m sorry. I wish I could express myself in my language

If you think there is a big difference between gold and platinum “prizes” you are going to be very disappointed. Not trying to ruin your hopes for the game. I have yet to get a single 3 or 4* mat in platinum. Been getting these chests for about a month or so.

Also if your rerolling that much then you need to try something new. Don’t be afraid to attack stronger hero’s. It might surprise you.

I 4 box platinum ,2 cap and compass

I apologize but I don’t understand what your saying.

I have opened 4 chests in platinum and 2 ascendt material, besides other prizes that do not come out in gold

I promise you to not base your expectations on that. You are much much luckier then most in platinum because that just isn’t how it is. Btw if you can hit platinum on 4 different occasions you should have no problem getting it all the time.

I am not complaining; In fact I WANT to be attacked that’s how I drop cups. I think you replied to the wrong post.

Ok, I’ll throw in another strategy that I’ve just recently adopted. OP may call this one cheating too, but I think it works both ways.

First, I’m solidly in the platinum level. Diamond is out of my reach. So… it doesn’t make a difference to me in terms of rewards if my cups are 1800 or 2399. But it matters in the strength of teams I face. In my Ultimate Guide to Raiding (linked above), I said to spend the food to get a favorable matchup. Times have changed. Now food matters for me.

So, the first thing I did was sacrifice some raid flags by attacking the first team I was matched against and then fleeing immediately until my cups dropped to about 1850.

Now, I am consistently matched with opponents that I can beat easily, so I don’t need to give up the food to reroll (ok, occasionally I do have to reroll – maybe 1 in 8 or so). I fight the battles and either win them or flee after defeating 4 heroes. The food I lose from fleeing IMO is made up by not having to reroll at 2000 food a pop. The iron is of course lost. During the process, I keep my cups at 1900 or below. For a full complement of 6 raids, I’ll collect about 25-26 heroes for my hero chest. That’s actually more than I was collecting when I was trying to keep my cup count high.

In the end, I’m really looking for the reward chest. The extra food and iron I get from raiding is just a bonus (ok, so my food production and iron production are both close to maxed out). Previously I got 1 hero chest a day, and I still get 1 a day.

1 Like

Yep I did that sorry mate.

1 Like

No one says hey this dude dropping cups lets not attack she can come for revenge. My base attacked everyday least 30 times do I whine about it. It is neither cheating nor unfair stop complaining.

Cup dropping is done to get ham quicker.

I beg to differ. I don’t raid to acquire food and/or iron but I do it to try and beat my opponents. I actually like raiding. And of course sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but I always try my best because it gives me satisfaction when I beat a team higher in power, and I like trying different strategies. So, not everyone does it for the ham. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never said raiding is done solely for ham. I’m talking some who cup drop. It makes winning easier and acquiring ham easier to, so that you can level heroes quicker.

I myself raid for cups and to fill my chest, I was just giving insight as to why some people cup drop, not about raiding and why people raid(Check the topic title)

I appreciate that you realize not everyone who cup drops does it for resources. I get tired of being lumped into a one-size-fits-all idea.

1 Like

I don’t want to drop cups but they keep taking them away from me, lol.

How can I stop that from happening!

1 Like

Every defensive team has an equilibrium level of cups. The tougher the team, the higher the equilibrium. So the way to keep more cups is to post a stronger defense.

1 Like

Of course, for which you have to have it. And that brings us to another thread, which talks about that without investing money you can not compete. The game has grown a lot and margins are small, from 1800 trophies it is already full of 5 * and hotm, without money there are no heroes or ascension tools, the rest are tales of old women

Easy fix.

SG enforces your defence team must be made up of 5 of your top 7 heroes (if one of your heroes drops out of your top 7 a popup occurs and you can’t do anything until your defence team is fixed up to include 5/7), your team must always be a total of 5 heroes, none of this single hero defence team BS.

Equally skilled opponents fighting equally skilled opponents.

This of course will never happen, SG won’t like the drop in income stream.

G

I don’t do it for the ham, always have too much of it anyway. I enjoy the challenge of raiding and beating a higher skilled oponent, always fighting anyone where I loose 13 or less, always a good challenge.

G

I am new to the forum, but I did a quick topic search and hadn’t seen this mentioned among the results. What I am referring to here is the ploy in which a user sets a very low power defense lineup for raids, and then swaps in their top lineup when they want to play the revenge match. I know some will instantly respond with a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of that strategy, but that’s really beside the point. The most fundamentally fair mechanism for a raid and subsequent revenge would be that the selected defense team is locked in as the revenge lineup as well. And if one (or more) of those defense team heroes is no longer available at the time the revenge match is initiated, then replacements must keep the total team power at or below whatever it was when defending against the first raid. I’ve played other games in which users employed similar gimmicks to try to illegitimately pad their rank or rank up wins, and all of those games eventually put a stop to them. Personally, I’d like to see that changed here as well.