Cross Patterns, Special Patterns, and Hidden Attacks

Just an idea and one which my wife would probably roll her eyes at but here goes. If the purple heroes are dark and the yellow are holy, shouldn’t there be extra damage or less damage awarded for the pattern of the runes sent up in attack? If a cross pattern of holy runes is sent shouldn’t it be like 2x against a dark enemy and maybe the reverse is true as well. When an upside down cross of dark is sent against a holy hero it does 2x as well. You could even go as far as making the opposite of each worth even less or zero damage.

Okay, I know this would be a coding nightmare because of all the possibilities and it really wouldn’t work, but it would still be pretty cool. There are some really neat patterns that happen during combos and it would be really cool if one of the patterns unlocked some sort of “Easter Egg” attack. Something hidden and unexpected. Maybe even a game to figure out what triggers the special attack. There could be all kinds of different ways to que up a special attack. Certain rune sequences, patterns, size of the board emptied in one move, etc. The devs could hide all sorts of unexpected surprises each month. Maybe it’s asking too much, maybe it’s a dumb idea, or maybe it’s just crazy enough to shake something up.

Whatever you think, it’s my $.02 idea. Also, yes I can hear your eyes rolling while you chuckleheads laugh about how silly it is. Peace out!

2 Likes