Create/Design Your Own Hero – Player Hero Ideas [MASTER]

Training camp levels. TC20= Legendary training, because it is opened on Training camp level 20 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Peters already does this. :smile:
They are “silence” for four turns I believe…

2 Likes

That’s a very cool idea! I very much like the of turning the special skill back against the opponent! That would be super! Instead of him/her/it being a specific element, have it be neutral like Sandman, and effect whichever target that attacks it.

1 Like

See Merlin. He doesn’t cast force the target to cast its special, but rather a normal slash attack at an ally (or self). This is better for some targets—I love using Merlin against Guinevere or Vivica, and it wouldn’t help for them to cast healing on themselves. It would be nicer if Joon cast Solar Beam against himself, but doing a slash and losing all the mana is a huge win as it stands.

2 Likes

LOL, he’s awesome…Yeah, I guess this is pseudo version of “Syndrome”…I’d like to see Joons solar beam on himself or C. Sargasso getting a taste of that ghostly skull…

1 Like

Creating a non-elemental category, that is affective against all elements, but not affected by any.

Examples:

Sandman:
Special skill is he puts target asleep for 4-5 turns. The target still gets attacked and strengthened as usual, just can’t react because it’s asleep.
This sleep cannot be dispelled.

The Confuser:
It’s special skill is to make the target help the attacker’s team instead of hurting it. It would be the only hero that can dispel all attacks that normally can’t be dispelled.
If the attacker’s skill is to remove health, then health would be added; if attacker’s skill is to remove defense, then defense would be added; if special skill is to remove buffs, then buffs would be added; if attacker’s skill is to remove mana, then mana would be added; and so on. And this skill cannot be dispelled by normal means.

The Reflector, a.k.a. Mirror
Special Skill:
Reflect every special skill that has been received by itself and it’s allies can be chosen to revenge attack opponent.
For example:
I am the Reflector aka Mirror.
I have been attacked by Joon.
My allies have been attacked by Isarnia, Kadilen, Caedmon, Sartana, etc.
As my nature is a mirror, I can choose from any attack received, to be my revenge attack.
Or, to make it really interesting, make my revenge attack be a combination of all attacks received. Hahaa!

These are only a few of my thoughts. Not as good as many of the other ideas you’ve received. My ideas are just simpler.

I’ve been playing E&P for over a year.
There are many things I would like to see changed or at least improved on.
Thank you for creating this chat subject.

3 Likes

Artemis (Green) - Thrill of the Hunt - Damage increase for all allies for 25%, Critical Hit chance increased for 10% for 4 Rounds. Cadre of Amazon huntresses summoned for Artemis and allies that would 1. Does 20% base damage of the hero assigned to and 2. Attack with arrows that take on the element of the hero attached to. Example: The Amazon unit attached to a blue hero would shoot Ice arrows, units attached to a purple hero will fire shadow arrows

Artemis, the patron goddess of the hunt, enjoys nothing better than a good hunt in the forest. When target has been sighted, Artemis would heighten her concentration to deliver maximum amount of damage to quickly end a hunt. Not in her nature to watch a prey suffer, too much blood and too much screaming.

If you think she hunts alone, you are gravely mistaken, while she may hunt her biggest game alone, her cadres of Amazon huntresses are never far behind, they are in the shadows, watching and protecting their goddess from any intruders who might disrupt Artemis’s fun.

Hephaestus (Red) - Secrets of the Forge - Elemental Barrier cast to all party members based on the element of the hero he/she is weak against Example - Elemental Barrier Cast on a green hero would be Fire. Defense and Offense + 40% for all allies for 5 Rounds. Battle Items used are 1.5x more effective when Hephaestus is in your lineup.

The lame god of Olympus, once cast off Mt. Olympus because of his looks and disabilities, earned his place back amongst his family by learning the secrets of the forge, built under a large volcano. He may not be the favorite amongst Zeus’s many children, but his work as the smith god has earned him respect amongst his peers.

In battle, he can devise reflective shielding that he and his allies are weak against, his metal working would make armors stronger, weapons sharper. He also brings with him special containers that he crafted himself, these containers holds all the essential battle aids and have the ability to make the items they hold more potent.

Now, if Aphrodite would love him more, who knows what ingenious inventions might he come up with next?

Hera (Yellow) - Fury of the Scorned Attack Increased by 40% for herself and allies get 20% increase. Remove status ailments for all allies and they stay immune for the duration of the spell. Enemy debuff for -40% Defense. All enemies temporarily change element affiliation weak against for 6 Rounds. During the switched state, they receive extra damage from elemental attacks they are weak against in that state.
Example: a red hero would change to blue and take extra damage from green in this state

Despite being the Queen of Mt. Olympus, Hera is in a constant state of anger, primarily because of her husband Zeus’s constant affairs with mortals and immortals alike and the subsequent appearances of illegitimate immortal children or demigod children.

Those that share her ideals receive her blessings, as the Goddess of birth and fertility, her allies receive much vigor that they are not susceptible to normal status ailments.

For her enemies, well… Let’s just say, a scorned Hera has a knack of turning them into something they were not, and it is a giant mess.

1 Like

This is not an exact hero, more likely a hero type. There could be hero groups. These groups could have 2 or 3 members. Each hero could have a somewhat weak special on its own, or something like the bunnies have (self debuff), or maybe backfire risk, but if all of them are in the party and charged, they could cast a special which drains all the 3’s mana, but do something really powerful. For example a group could be The Musketeers: Athos-ice, Porthos-nature, Aramis-fire and they could have a collective special called All for one which could summon D’Artagnan (holy) as a 6th hero of the party for 5 or more turns. One by one they could have some weaker individual special.
What do you think?

5 Likes

:joy: Haba, I thought it was pretty cool already, but alas…

1 Like

Yes, I thought of that as well, a non-elemental category… but what to do with the stones/troops?

And as for the confuser… I think it would be a lot of fun to select a hero whose special will benefit you, instead of the opponents team. So if it a healer, it will heal your team. If the confuser targets a defence debuff (Grimm, for instance) the opponents team would get debuffed. Its kind of the earlier posted “Joker” idea, but instead of actually swapping, it would just use the special of the opponent.

Thanks for contributing! Those are pretty cool ideas :smiley:. And you’re welcome, very fun to see so many people have such creative minds <3.

This is a great idea, but I think it can get unbalanced pretty quickly, as they would only make sense in a trio. So ppl who have all three can be OP, while if you just have 1 or 2 - and lets face it, its SG so that will be most ppl :smiley: - you will have just 2 weak heroes in your party. But I like the idea of heroes working together like that. Cheers!

Wow… yet again some epic ideas! For Artemis, how many rounds would those huntresses be there, or is it like the guardians of Delilah and they stay there until dead? In that case she might be a bit overpowered :smiley:, but hey, thts allowed in brainstorming ;).

For Hephaestus I especially like the ‘battle items are 1.5 more effective’ part. Thats a pretty awesome idea, and would really at some strategy to the game.

Ah, poor Hera! The scorned one… but she is OP. Enemy debuff 40% defense combined with 40% extra attack… plus element change and extra weakness. Poor opponent ;).

Men all these Greek heroes make me wanna play Age of Mythology :smiley: . Thanks again for sharing your great ideas @Shohoku79

What about this?
Agent No. 7: dark hero in a cloak, so his (or her?) face cant’ be seen. The special is called Inside Job and it could slow down the enemy teams mana generation by 25% for 3 turns AND enable the caster to switch 2 hero’s position in the enemy setup for the given period.

3 Likes

Well, I think by the time anyone is ready to stand up to gods or at least the avatars of gods, they’d be somewhat OP themselves. Like maxed out 5* or yet, make God and Deities like 6 Star Heroes… Mwa ha ha… But if that were the case, they might need to buff Ares and Athena a bit.

Don’t have any heroes that summons underlings in my roster yet, so I don’t exactly know how Delilah or Thoth Amun works. But I would say yes, they stay there until dead, I suppose to make it more even, if by the time the spell is cast again, a hero still has a cadre alive, he/she won’t get another one or replenish the one he/she already has. Artemis may have many Amazons at her command, but won’t use more than she has to.

Hera… Well, she’s a late night thought up, so maybe the numbers were a bit skewed/wild… But
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Makes battling Hera something that require extra planning huh? Serves them right for treating her like a 2nd tier Goddess, no?

Although I have seen Age of Mythology and the might of Arkantos… However, I think RTS type games really aren’t my thing. My inspiration comes from genuine interest in Greek Mythology since early childhood, took a classic mythology class in college too, and later playing the city building game Zeus: Master of Olympus and Poseidon.

Hopefully, I should have the last few Olympians thought up by the end of the day. In fact, if Perseus made it, there are a number of heroes who should be making appearance too.

1 Like

I like the idea, but not sure how well the coding would work for a hero position swap… What if one dies during the time frame?

If I can suggest a change, perhaps swapping the attack and defense of a targeted hero? Being able to take a hero like grim from over 700 attack (at cap) to just 531 the turn before he gets full mana would be a game changer - as would swapping the defense of boldtusk for his attack right before a cascade if they were placed center tank.

It would seem much less effective against some 5* heroes whom have an attack and defense both over 700 but still keep the theme of your hero mostly.

My personal favorite from Greek mythology has always been Nike… If you’re taking suggestions.

Although to be honest it seems more like you’re making titans than heroes. I like reading what you’re writing but as far as characters players could use these would really be more 6* rating than 5*. If these were to be added as group challenges I could agree to the strength you’re recommending.

1 Like

I thought that if one of the wsapped hero dies during the period, and the effect wears off, the hero’s original place would be empty. What you suggest is much more complicated. Would you switch all the hero stats? Even with the special? Or without the special? What about the mana speed? Touching the stats would cause some heroes to be weaker, yes, but some other pretty damn OP. Imagine a very fast firing Quintus, Isarnia, Azlar or Alberich or a Lianna with Ares’s defense. It would be a favor for the enemy, not an effective special skill. This can be some random event if the fight takes too long, because it can be really bad or freaking awesome for both parties. This stat switching thing would screw up the whole game mechanic if used as a special, at least this is my opinion.

You’re thinking a scale of entire stat set, I only did the attack and defense. Flipping the mana speed would not make much sense because stronger specials are made to be slower. A khagan or alberich at fast speed would be unstoppable so let’s keep the focus narrowed to just those two stats.

Also I think the 25% mana debuff team wide is fine. But I think the stat swap should be specific target. It makes the theme of the hero more like an agent - because the real goal is that stat swap but it’s ‘hidden’ amongst the group debuff.

The bigger complication I see with your original idea is that when the enemy is down to one hero it is a useless skill. Or, for example, even when the enemy had lost its 3 center heroes. Swaping the heroes that are both on wing really doesn’t make a difference - unless you’re trying to get double damage for a matched tile sequence. But then if you get that double and kill the wing hero… The one you moved just moves back?

Not saying the idea is bad, just that choosing it to be useful in all situations is a lot harder… And if we don’t match 9+ dark tiles until 3 to 4 enemy heroes are defeated why would I bring him again?

Edit - I addressed the mana speed question, but am not sure how one would flip a special. Could you clarify what you meant by that?

Here are two ideas for a healing special that differ from the two flavors we have now:

Empathic Bond Caster and all allies receive 34% healing, with the caster losing half of the healed HP. Any new damage received by allies is divided between ally and caster for 3 rounds. Caster and all allies receive a +25 defense buff for 3 rounds that stacks with any other defense. Caster receives 240 HP/round for 6 rounds.

This special mimics how Empaths in typical RPG function. Clerics heal directly, but empaths transfer the wound to themselves and then heal it. There is a serious risk to caster that she will die from the transferred wounds.

Blood Bane Caster and all allies recover 64% of HP even if that exceeds max HP. Any hero above max HP bleeds out at 20% of max HP for 4 rounds, which cannot be dispelled. All receive +25 attack for 4 rounds.

This special is a powerful heal, allowing temporary HP above nominal max. The cost of exceeding max, though, is high: burst blood vessels cause massiv blood loss, quickly causing more damage than was healed. But the battle might be won in the meanwhile, The massive infusion of health adds vigor to all attacks.

5 Likes

Name: Ghosaj
Color: Purple
Special (Fast): Selfish Leader

• Deals 250% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies
  • The caster get +40% attack and defense for 4 turns
  • The damage taken by the caster is shared with all allies for 4 turns
2 Likes