Counterattack with shared dmg

This appears to be an issue with counterattack when shared dmg is activated.

Shown in the pic, I have Wilbur’s shared damage special activated, along with Elena’s counterattack.

The opponent’s Magni attacks Tarlak for 650 total damage which is distributed over my team, dealing 130 dmg to each hero.

Magni, considering Tarlak’s counterattack activation, only takes 115% of the 130 dmg, instead of the 650 total dmg.

For damage to be shared, it needs to be applied at one source first (Tarlak). The counterattack should be based on damage received (650) before its shared/dealt with the team. I believe the counterattack should be for 747 dmg on Magni, instead of 149 dmg.

Not really. Counter attack is based on actual damage received. If Tarlak only suffers 130, no reason to counter for the full thing.

Isn’t Magni attacking Tarlak?

Isn’t Magni doing 650 damage?

Yes but 650 to all. That’s Wilbur for you. You cannot have his ability while also wanting a full counter of Elena. That would be absolutely overpowered. You cannot counter for the damage that was not received.

it’s the way counterattack has always been.

If shared damage wasn’t activated, it would be Magni attacks Tarlak for 650 dmg (ignore buffs), Tarlak counterattacks for 747 dmg.

When shared damage is activated, nothing changes with the attack dynamics, other than received damage is shared with team. Magni still attacks Tarlak for 650 (ignore buffs). Tarlak is still the single point of received damage and should counterattack with what he’s hit with… that’s how it’s always been.

That’s what I meant. 650 is shared to all. So what is the problem with the mechanics. its to one hero and not all heroes so the reflect should only be the damage received by targeted hero.

Wilbur would be a monster already if his ability can enhance a shared total riposte damage.

Wilbur is not enhancing counterattack at all.

For a source to share damage, it needs to receive it.

Tarlak (the source) is RECEIVING 650 damage, but because of Wilbur’s share ability, 130 (650 / 5) damage is DEALT to everyone. Counterattack is calculated on the 115% received damage when Magni attacks Tarlak (or should be).

In fact, counterattack is weakened in this scenario.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.