I have a suggestion for game mechanics of counterattacker heroes.
Let’s assume the following:
- Both the attack team and the defense team has a counterattacker hero.
- Both of the heroes activated their special skill.
- One counterattacker hero does tile damage to another counterattacker hero.
What happens now: The hero gets one-time damage back.
What I’d like to see: Heroes should counterattack to the counterattack they received back and forth many times. It should happen till one of them dies (it would definitely happen if the counterattack percentage is more than 100%) or till the counterattack will fade away.
Let me provide several examples to make it clearer.
Hero A has 400HP, hero B has 1000HP. Both of them have 125% counterattack. Hero A performs tile damage of 100 points to hero B. What happens next:
- Hero B counterattacks for 125 points (125% of 100)
- Hero A counterattacks for 156 points (125% of 125)
- Hero B counterattacks for 195 points (125% of 156)
- Hero A counterattacks for 243 points and dies
- Hero B doesn’t counterattack, cause hero A already died
Hero A and hero B both have 1000HP and 30% counterattack (there are no such heroes, but let’s imagine). Hero A performs tile damage of 100 points to hero B. What happens next:
- Hero B counterattacks for 30 points (30% of 100)
- Hero A counterattacks for 9 points (30% of 30)
- Hero B counterattacks for 2 points (30% of 9)
- Hero A doesn’t counterattack, because 30% of 2 is 0
Note: Numbers are always rounded down here, to ensure that the ping-pong effect will fade out quick.
I don’t think that the game will leverage from this change somehow, but such mechanics just makes more sense to me. What do you think?