Could SG stop designing useless 'joke' heroes?

Exeera pretty much is the joke of S4. While S3 has salmon Loki.
S2 is mok arr, but I wouldn’t call him a ‘joke’ hero, he still has niched merits and is the least ‘joke’ of the joke heroes
S5 would probably have a joke hero whose skill is resisted by all elements.
Ninja tower has jade

If this game practices fairness and equality where every player can unlock the same heroes, then yeah sure they can afford to put in a couple of joke heroes here and there (and joke heroes with some niche practical uses). But people pay money, up to hundreds and thousands for their game with ■■■■ pull chances, and they put in joke heroes like this. It just doesn’t feel moralistic to do so.

8 Likes

Tbh I fought against Salmon Loki defense just once (after the buff) and he f****d me up like I was nothing. I firmly believe he’s the most underestimated hero in the game; he was useless before the buff but not anymore.

Exeera, Mok-Arr and couple others (hi Jade), true. I will never understand how SG buffed Dark Lord twice, or buffed Feline, but never cared about these super underwhelming heroes. It’s like they want to keep them bad on purpose, just to annoy people who were ‘lucky’ to pull them. Truly baffling attitude.

20 Likes

There are more underestimated heroes I believe, but I do think that Salmon is now quite usable and can be a game changer. I saw a war hit where he ended up doing quite significant damage, and you can easily dismiss him and not expect anything impactful. I would personally level him if I got him and I had the mats.

I get the hate on her. But I picture an offensive team with Exeera, Franz, JF, 2 healers… I am pretty sure this DOT heavy team could wipe out most teams

4 Likes

I think Salmon Loki can be good. Emphasis on can. The problem is he relies heavily on RNG. I have used him on a team with mana controllers, who bought him time to do his thing. But sometimes he just doesn’t turn anyone’s element to yellow.

By the way, I have him maxed :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Do you remember how much damage he does?

Unfortunately not, but it was around 550+ every time someone in my team turned yellow. What was equally, if not more worrying was that my stack suddenly became a non-stack, and since I stacked and played the board specifically against a certain hero on the defense (don’t recall who that was unfortunately) I was played like a toy. Same happened on revenges.

3 Likes

On the bright side, February’s HOTM is completely OP. 0.5% damage to the target and 0.25% to nearby enemies, dispels buffs from a single hero. It’ll be downright devastating. :joy:

1 Like

Not to mention she deals extra damage to fire…scary stuff

1 Like

:joy: Instant reroll if I see her in a defense team.

We have someone in our Alliance who has a maxed +20 Salmon Loki and he posts vids all the time of him wrecking teams with him.

He was a joke on release I will give you that. But he’s a very random but powerful little fish now.

Everytime I watch one of his raids or war hits with Salmon Loki I just watch and wait for it to happen.

2 Likes

At first I’m concerned if the increase of damage was too little for a short period of time. But it seems that it’s not a concern after all

The thing with these weird heroes is they take time to get used to and you need to build teams that compliment them. If you invest the time and effort in doing this you can get working really well.

The problem I usually find is people don’t want complicated heroes, they just want fire and forget OP ones that require no finesse.

On release Salmon was a clear miss, he did next to nothing. Then he got that really big buff and suddenly he hurts teams. It’s a total lottery but boy I’ve seen him melt teams now. I have to respect it having seen someone actually make him work.

8 Likes

Any chance you could share them videos here? Or my line? Dudeious.maximus name is jude.
Be interested in seeing them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The only way I see someone doing this is if they have a surplus of heroes and can afford to give it a try. Don’t like RNG dependent heroes, but that is just me.

I really want a Salmon Loki. It’s cool plus fun changing the elements of the enemy. Some of the joke cards can be fun. Morris is hilarious when he pops down in his hole. Not a great hero but fun to use.

Who should i send my money to so they buff Exeera? I desperately need a blue hero and a barbarian hero, but she’s so underwhelming…

I drew Captain of Diamonds on one of the events. Doesn’t look all that special. Might be good to use in wars that give everyone minions, after pouring a ton of resources into him. He’s just been sitting in my roster while I decided whether or not to feed him to Isarnia.

1 Like

Sorry, but if you have Exeera then you already sent the money to somebody. Jokes on you :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I decide to quit this joke of game after 3 years and something,were I have 6 accounts Alltwen time summoning for the good heroes and receiving only the worst 5 star heroes and start a different game .True I lost a big investment but I m full whit sg jokes ,take care and enjoy if you can what left from the game

Few days ago I had first fight vs Salomon Loki. When the fight has begun and the fish thrown his special few seconds ago my Rigard just died like a puff. Do not know what happened.
I have Salomon Loki and think about ascend him.

2 Likes