Costumed Obakan (Secondary Costume) - 5* Dark / Purple from Season 1

New Season 1 Secondary Costume is released: Costumed Obakan

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Obakan, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Obakan.

Costumed Obakan

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Fighter
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
Origin Family
Costume Chamber Classic
Image Aether Power Description
vampire Vampire At the start of each battle, this Hero heals 100% of dealt normal damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Vampire Cleave
  • Deals 260% damage to target and nearby enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 95% of the damage received for 3 tuns.
  • The caster and nearby allies regenerate a moderate amount of mana for each counterattack. This effect gets diminished for consecutive activations during the same turn.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Classic Family

:balance_scale: Balance Updates

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Obakan from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Secondary Season 1 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Obakan ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Obakan.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Obakan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Obakan worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Obakan on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Obakan ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Obakan as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Obakan Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Obakan’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Obakan and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Obakan, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Obakan when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Obakan, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Obakan (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Obakan), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Obakan (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Obakan worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Obakan would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Obakan’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Riposte (Counter Attack)
  • Mana Increaser (by counter attack)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Obakan compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Obakan’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Obakan’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Obakan’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Obakan is better ?

• Normal Obakan
  • Costumed Obakan (Old Costume)
  • Costumed Obakan (Secondary Costume)

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Obakan worth giving Barbarian Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Obakan is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Obakan is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Obakan worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Obakan then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

Almost doing the same thing as isrod

2 Likes

5 Likes

He looks like Victor’s psychotic brother

8 Likes

Obakan, isrod and ferant defence core. Cut mana for enemies and restore mana for the whole team

2 Likes

Well got him with one of my single key pulls
I already have the first costume at +20
But now not sure which version is best to play him in

7 Likes

I would do both costume versions. The bonus will increased and all versions of Obakans will profit from it.

3 Likes

Actually this is the best version of him….

10 Likes

I also have first costume maxed and LB, and I use him all the time. A boost to stats would be very welcome, so I’ll be likely to pull for him during the event (although I was planning on waiting for the full batch of new costumes to be released originally)

I’ve got him in my very first pull. Now there’s a long way for leveling him and his costumes due to the lack of purple ascension mats. So bad Vivica eluded me

4 Likes

With all the bonuses his stats are really good. Has anyone who had the old costume maxed the new one yet? Please let us know

2 Likes

Agree.

@JGE Having used and appreciating his original costume, I really think that the damage to 3 + higher counterattack + mana gain is much more useful and impactful for the game outcome

3 Likes

Spot on. He is a better bloody purple clone of one of my favorite heroes.

Isrod is Average
Obakan C^2 is Fast

Grrrrrr.

Isrod as a Paladin does the tanking better than Obakan as a fighter UNTIL the Enhanced Talents arrive and Obakan starts reviving with full mana.

(dare I whisper it? I kinda want Obakan C^2 in my team, he is pretty darn good)

6 Likes

I picked this up as my last pull from my quest keys. I already have Obakan at 80.19 because he was m y first black 5* and lack of options on emblems so I am looking forward to leveling both his costumes. Not sure if he’ll replace Seshat as my main dark hero but he should be good none the less.

I’m trying to find out; how much does “moderate amount of mana” refer to?

Moderate mana is.0.8tile, small mana is 0.4 tile

2 Likes

So once he fired is specialcskill and he is on tank position, than imagine of enemy sends 3 tiles to Obama C2- then he will receive 3 tiles+(0.8*3=2.4tiles) plus manageneration 15% if we have man troops=6.2 worth of tiles and next turn, that is 2 turn after firing special skill, he is again ready to fire,

4 Likes

Pair him with Rhys which reduce holy tiles mana generation, which help him to survive longer

1 Like

The caster and nearby allies regenerate a moderate amount of mana for each counterattack. This effect gets diminished for consecutive activations during the same turn.

The first mana gain is 0.8 but the next gain will be lessern. So it’s much like 0.8 + 0.5 + 0.3 + 0.1 etc.

4 Likes