Costumed Magni (Secondary Costume) - 5* Ice / Blue from Season 1

New Season 1 Secondary Costume is released: Costumed Magni

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Magni, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Magni.

Costumed Magni

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Rogue
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
+2 Costume
+3 Costume
Origin Family
Costume Chamber Classic
Image Aether Power Description
rage Rage At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +15% attack, and a further 1% increase every time they are hit during 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Strike of the Underworld
  • Deals 285% damage to target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -64% defense against Special Skills for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Classic Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• The defense down against Special Skills is increased to 64% from 54%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 1 of Secondary Season 1 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Magni ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Magni.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Magni and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Magni worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Magni on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Magni ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Magni as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Magni Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Magni’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Magni and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Magni, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Magni when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Magni, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Magni (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Magni), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Magni (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Magni worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Magni would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Magni’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Magni compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Magni’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Magni’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Magni’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Magni is better ?

• Normal Magni
  • Costumed Magni (Old Costume)
  • Costumed Magni (Secondary Costume)

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Magni worth giving Fighter Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Magni is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Magni is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Magni worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Magni then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

Thanks for your efforts to the forum again @PlayForFun
Btw, can you do a “which costume is better” poll, like normal, primary costume, secondary costume? like this.

3 Likes

Defense too low, not sure his survivability, if can’t survive, any good skill will becomes wasted.

Doesnt seem that great at all. Almost all of the new heroes make even this version of Magni look like a 4 star. Honestly I am ok with this, because I am sick of new OP hero after new OP hero. Followed by nerf after nerf.

1 Like

Ok, I have added tihs extra poll option here too.

1 Like

Magni’s new secondary costume has -64% DD against special skills. If used in combination with regular Athena which has -41% DD ad a further -4% every time they are hit, do they stack or one overwrites the other?

DD against special skills is different to regular DD so they do stack :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Cool! So I can use a combo of Athena -c2Magni - Arthur for titans. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Sure but Magni’s DD against special skills is pretty useless on titan hits since tile damage does all the damage. Unless you run double pengi.

2 Likes

I happen to be using Pengi twins, currently with Krampus, Athena and Arthur.

Though I may still be better off keeping Krampus than replacing him with c2Magni.

If you have CAthena, then you have extra spot for Magni

Got him from my HA10 last night. Already had him levelled so will level this costume as well.

11 Likes

Just pulled this guy but given I don’t have original Magni ascended not sure if he’s worth the scopes ahead of say Himeros. But maybe he could work at 3/70 :thinking:

He is way better than himeros - especially for hit3 7 tile setups

Would gladly exchange the countless himerus i got chasing cupido (which still didnt want to show up) for just one double costume magni :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Sorry about your luck with Cupidos, hopefully he shows up you (there’s still time!). But I mean on the bright size Himeros has priority dispel which can come in handy, not to mention a useful passive of resisting mindless attack, and can charge in 6 tiles?

1 Like

Maybe will level up himeros some day for support part of attacking teams - he may be an ok fit for milena because he can take out a damaged tank and raise up milenas heal slightly

But double c magni is perfect match for those get 7 tiles fast & take out 3 opponents teams

1 Like

CC Magni is great in an offensive set-up with two other fast blue hit 3’s.
64% def against SS, together with either C Perseus, Tinsel, or any other DD/EDD down, and the third attack will be absolutely killer

2 Likes

Exactly I use him a lot more since I got the c2 a while back in combination with Tinsel.

which one better compare to his first costume ?