📯 Costumed Lord Loki – New Season 3 Costume – 5* Ice/ Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Lord Loki

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Lord Loki, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Lord Loki.

Costumed Lord Loki

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Sorcerer
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Jotunheim
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Shapeshifter’s Deception
  • Copies all dispellable buffs from the target.
  • Copies target’s Special Skill and uses it in addition to the caster’s own Special Skill.
  • If target does not have a Special Skill, or it can’t be copied, the following Special Skill will be cast:

• Scoundrei Swing
  • Deals 265% damage to the target.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Damage is reduced to 265% from 285%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 4 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Lord Loki ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Lord Loki.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Lord Loki and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Lord Loki worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Lord Loki on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Lord Loki ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Lord Loki as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Lord Loki Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Lord Loki’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Lord Loki and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Lord Loki, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Lord Loki when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Lord Loki, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Lord Loki (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Lord Loki), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of %%HERO_KIND%%.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Lord Loki (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Lord Loki worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Lord Loki would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Lord Loki’s Primary Purpose is?

• Buff Copier
  • Skill Copier

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Lord Loki compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Lord Loki’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Lord Loki’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Lord Loki’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Lord Loki is better ?

• Normal Lord Loki
  • Costumed Lord Loki

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Lord Loki worth giving Wizard Emblems to the original hero ?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Lord Loki is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Lord Loki is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Lord Loki worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Lord Loki then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

2 Likes

Little part of The Mad Hatter plus LoLo in one! Nice!

Hopefully they add text : if caster didnt copy any buffs, he deals ‘‘villain swing’’ (285%) instead + copy special.

Otherwise, he is same as normal lord loki. This 285% special added would help him fight when he is only one vs healer…

I have read quite a number of posts in various Line groups about players having inside knowledge about a proposed nerf for Lord Loki …

Does anyone know if this is true or speculation?

Asking for a friend :wink:

There was nothing about it in Beta, and I have read nerf speculations about lot of heroes, but most of them are still not nerfed.

3 Likes

Kind of curious what kind of nerf because it isn’t like his copy is OP when you consider that the damage is based on his stats. Unless they want to make him slow which would just kill his utility.

And it isn’t as if he is an overwhelming defensive hero.

The actual nerf being mentioned in Line accounts that I have read, related to Lord Loki only being able to copy skills of heroes that have health above 50% …. If it’s less than 50% Lord Loki dealt X% damage ….

It was posted in different Line groups …

But as @PlayForFun has said …. There was nothing in Beta …. So possibly just speculation or false news

2 Likes

I have seen that post in Facebook too @JGE.
Of course the fact that it was not in Beta does not rule out Staff will announce tomorrow that it will be effective from the next day.
But I am not expecting any Balance adjustment from Staff just some public notes about Beta 2 what they did in Beta 1 too.
Further adjustments might arrive on Wednesday / Thursday when Beta 3 arrives.

2 Likes

Better than changing mana speeds, but still an odd limitation if that’s what they want to do as a nerf.

OTOH, there could be a benefit on this when you get the odd case of Lord Loki vs healer at the end of the match where there’s no way you can win because both sides keep healing. Under this change, you get some tile damage to get under 50% and then hit. There could be other situations like that. Not ideal by any means though.

there are so many heroes that we think the OP will be useless when they’re left alone. They are only strong when they have teammates with them

2 Likes

Loki was my first 5* and I still use him a lot. This costume is a bit meh to me. Lowering his already low health sucks.

Can someone explain the special… is he doing the no-special damage on top of copying the opponent’s special skill damage every time?

3 Likes

I’m not quite sure about that part, but I can see that it got nerfed slightly from 285% to 265% :thinking:

Lord Loki costume I think, its quite underwhelming…

If enemy has Taunt, Costume Loki will achieve same results as noncostume Loki…

1 Like

That’s a super weird nerf :joy:

3 Likes

Situationally, this is useful. If he’s the last one standing with the last healer on the wings, this is a almost 100% lose situation, unless he is very lucky with the tiles. But with this he can at least have some firepower

1 Like

@PlayForFun seems like its lowered to 265%… what an odd change…

1 Like

Would be very upsetting to Bring Out the costume that is nearly the same as the original and nerf the original Loki or both versions a few dass/weeks later… Especially because Lord Loki is No def Hero and not OP as so many other Heroes. He simply doesn’t need adjustments.

But than again, it’s SG - leaving OP heroes as OP as they are while nerfing old heroes to the ground that wouldn’t need adjustment trying to anger as many Players as possible is Kind of “their Thing”

Lets hope for the best

1 Like

Shapeshifter GoD arrives :grinning:

7 Likes

This game is rigged… congrats!!