ℹ Costumed Gravemaker – 5* Fire/Red - June 2018 HOTM Costume

New HOTM Costume Released: Costumed Gravemaker

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Gravemaker, as well as your thoughts on him.

Costumed Gravemaker

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Paladin
VF
Very Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern of Legends Legends 2018
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Dispel on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they dispel the newest status effect buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Dust to Dust
  • Deals 115% damage to all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 322 damage over 2 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies +5% attack and +5% defense for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Burn damage is increased from 280 to 322.

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes since beta.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of HoTM Costumes (Round 6 of costumes in general) [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Gravemaker ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Gravemaker.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Gravemaker and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Gravemaker worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Gravemaker on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Gravemaker ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Gravemaker as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Gravemaker Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Gravemaker’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Gravemaker and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Gravemaker, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Gravemaker when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Gravemaker, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Gravemaker (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Gravemaker), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

_Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Gravemaker (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Gravemaker worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Gravemaker would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Gravemaker’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Gravemaker compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Gravemaker’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Gravemaker’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Gravemaker is better ?

• Normal Gravemaker
  • Costumed Gravemaker

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Gravemaker worth giving Barbarian Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Gravemaker is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Gravemaker is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

2 Likes

Now Gravemaker could do fine with Wilbur! I tend to prefer Azlar with costume bonus to wreck havoc on offense. This might change things a little.

I don’t think I’ll get him since I’m not spending any longer but I wish I had him!

Srsly are you kidding me?

Gravemaker Costume:

857 def +20
+10% fam. bonus
+5% elemental link
+25% paladin talent
= 1.199,8 def without any troop (add another 18% from a lvl 30 mana troop to get it up do 1354 def)
Very fast and hits all.

Edit:

And this is without statboost from limit break and possible higher boost from the 2018 family

3 Likes

There you go. 1364 defense. And that’s without the 5% elemental link added.

5 Likes

With elemental link. 1415 defense.

3 Likes

And that’s not even with two other 2018 hotms yet

3 Likes

Well, he is the main protagonist for E&P game :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats why I spend all my saved gems (for ninja event) trying to get him and I did in last 3 pulls…

Really wanted to have centre 3 Motega, Agrafena, Gravemaker

Agraf def down + poison
Motega dmg increase
Grave dmg to all and burn

ALL going at very fast :stuck_out_tongue:

anyone has the costume on full attack?

Sorry, dont have.

But gotta ask, why would you go that route?

Normal Gravemaker has hit 3 extra dmg to nature, where you can focus your attack to deal maximum dmg, so attack path is viable (+ barbarian talent)

Costumed Gravemaker got all abilites , talents into defense :slight_smile:

1 Like

because the costume already has good defense, attack will increase the burn and i want to know how much more with high troops and full attack

4 Likes

If Gravemaker and Saoirse, who’s better?

I don’t think you can go wrong with either. If you lack a defense down hero, Saoirse is the one to get the rings/aethers If you just wanna see the world burn, especially at a very fast speed, Gravemaker.

Congrats on your dilemma!!

1 Like

Thanks for your help!!!

Gravemaker is probably currently #1 hero in EP… Saiorse is probably amongst best red heroes…

1 Like

So I’m curious, is gravemaker costume worth pulling at all given season 5 is coming out and new buffs on event heroes? I feel Ike he’s obsolete but I’m seeing that defense and it’s nice.

Any help would be appreciated. I typically pull in every portal. I heard soirise (sp) is as good mane better. She’s a slayer I believe also and I have aohdan and cillian completely maxed. She would be a nice addition. Curious your opinions. Thank you!

1 Like

If you are lucky to pull him, he’s great. Hits all and is a paladin, so pretty good defense stats. But if you do have a firestarter like JF, Russell or Azlar, don’t go crazy trying to pull for him.

Saoirse is great as she hits real hard and lowers the opponent’s defense. She would be more ideal, especially since you have the other red slayers.

C. Gravemaker is probably strongest red hero in game…

His playability is only lowered beacuse of current prevalence of taunters (like Ludvig and Krampus)…

Well, I bought the legends offer today which was 3000 coins and some WE flasks. 13th pull and boom…

Really happy to have him. I feel like a I have a decent red bench now. Just need 7 sets of rings, working on ruby first. Cheers everyone, I was blown away.

4 Likes

Congrats!!! Have fun with this pyromaniac!!