📯 Costumed Fenrir – Season 3 Costume – 5* Ice/Blue: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 costume is released: Costumed Fenrir

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Fenrir, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Fenrir.

Costumed Fenrir

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Barbarian
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 3 Nilfheim
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Colossal Bite
  • Deals 350% damage to the target.
  • Deals 700% damage if the target has less than 50% health remaining.
  • The caster recovers 35% health for each enemy killed and 15% health for each Minion killed.
  • Increases the mana of the caster by 15%.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Fenrir from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 4 of Season 3 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Fenrir ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Fenrir.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Fenrir and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Fenrir worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Fenrir on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Fenrir ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Fenrir as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Fenrir Barbarian Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Fenrir’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Fenrir and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Fenrir, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Fenrir when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Fenrir, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Fenrir (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Fenrir), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Fenrir (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Fenrir worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Fenrir would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Fenrir’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Healer (after killed enemies)
  • Mana Increaser

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Fenrir compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Fenrir’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Fenrir’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Fenrir’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Fenrir is better ?

• Normal Fenrir
  • Costumed Fenrir

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Fenrir worth giving Fighter Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Fenrir is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Fenrir is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Fenrir worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Fenrir then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

1 Like

In the current beta form he’s very very mediocre. Only worth leveling if one already have the plain version fully leveled.

2 Likes

Fenrir is obsolete NOW, 2023. He has passed his prime.

1 Like

I didn’t realize he had a prime :wink:

7 Likes

I know he’s never been a great hero, but I like him for clean up duties, and he pairs well with Quintin as that colossal bite will also hit whoever’s marked with Quintin. There are definitely better options but i still use him in my blue mono team, at least until Milady and Waterpipe are ready but that is a lot of needed scopes away

2 Likes

I’ve used Fenrir extensively during my first year playing this game. He’s a good closer / finisher when paired with moderate damage heroes that hit all.

I love the artwork - kudos to the artist.
This costume artwork exudes Fenrir’s rage and rancor much better

2 Likes

Agreed on the card art.

Maybe it’s being aware of his mediocrity that makes him so angry. He tries to return stuff at Home Depot and they deny him even though he has the receipt. He buys the expired potato salad at the grocery store by accident. His wife still prefers WebMD’s medical advice over his, even though he’s a doctor.

I, unfortunately, pulled him today from the portal. Already got the original maxed so I’ll feed him up and will feed this one to SE but it still hurts. Mehhhh.

5 Likes

It’s like a stealthy, ferocious nibble lol. The definition of a snipe.

I don’t mind it bc it does massive damage quickly and doesn’t cover my tiles when time is running low. Kill and you’re ready for the next victim.

I never used basic Fenrir, this one seems strong as hell, can anyone tell a significant difference? Love that no matter the result, he runs at very fast after the first special is triggered as he always gets the 15% mama bump.

I’m interested in what his 3D model on defense looks like. Any resource for this?

1 Like

They fixed the animation so your board will be covered again @GuardianHamster haha :grimacing: :wolf:

I haven’t noticed a huge difference because his hit, when under 50% will always be overkill, so it’s going to be massive no matter what. It’s just the difference in ability and stat boost in my opinion. I think if you kill somebody with either form it’s enough mana to ghost 3 tiles and be charged again.

1 Like

Anyone use costume Fenrir or have lb/2lb stats?