🕵 Costumed Dr. Moreau – Season 4 Costume – 5* Dark/ Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Costume is released: Costumed Dr. Moreau

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Dr. Moreau, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Dr. Moreau.

Costumed Dr. Moreau

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Rogue
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction
Received damage is reduced by -20% for the first 3 times this character recieves damage from Special Skills.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Increased Damage Against Boosted Health
After this character casts their Special Skill cast, all allies’ normal attacks and Special Skills deal +70% damage against targets with boosted health for 4 turns .
:dizzy: Special Skill: Blinding Knowledge
  • Deals 265% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -40% accuracy for 4 turns. The effect duration is reset if the target is healed. Chance to miss also applies to special skills.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 20% / 24% / 28% / 32% / 36% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 50 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

Dec 2023

May 2024

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Dr. Moreau from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v57]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Dr. Moreau ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Dr. Moreau.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Dr. Moreau and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Dr. Moreau worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Dr. Moreau on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Dr. Moreau ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Dr. Moreau as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Dr. Moreau Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Dr. Moreau’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Dr. Moreau and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Dr. Moreau, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Dr. Moreau when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Dr. Moreau, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Dr. Moreau (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Dr. Moreau), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

1 Like

Feedback Poll - Costumed Dr. Moreau (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Dr. Moreau worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Dr. Moreau would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Dr. Moreau’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Accuracy Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Dr. Moreau compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Dr. Moreau’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Dr. Moreau’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Dr. Moreau’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Dr. Moreau is better ?

• Normal Dr. Moreau
  • Costumed Dr. Moreau

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Dr. Moreau worth giving Paladin Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Dr. Moreau is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Dr. Moreau is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Dr. Moreau worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Dr. Moreau then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

Do we know if the team is healed by a hero that cleanses, is the lowered accuracy reset or removed?

Dr M’s blind can be cleansed when the healer heals and cleanses.

2 Likes

Definitely a missed opportunity @u2371 . The costume art is ok but this would’ve been magnificent.

5 Likes

Yet another lazy costume. No interesting costumes from S4 apparently.

2 Likes

Groom looks handsome :grin:

2 Likes

@PlayForFun do you mind enabling the poll? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

he is so irrelevant he doesnt even get his poll activated :sweat_smile:

I was trying for Elizabeth & her costume, cos I don’t have Elizabeth yet.

But got a pleasant surprise. Still cannot believe it until now.

Just too bad, the Big Balancing will be coming soon.

Every good summon feels like a disappointment now, as we know a lot of them will be nerfed after the Big Balancing becomes active.

2 Likes

this card is soo medicore - no danger of any nerfing really (but also with sg you never know :brynhild: )

dont know why he does less dmg than og moreau ?!?
all those new hit 3 do more than 300 % dmg while he got even downgraded in dmg its ridiculous

his class is better now but thats about it

He has higher accuracy reduction and it lasts for an extra turn (4 instead of 3). Not game changing but an extra turn can come in handy and is a good trade-off for slightly less damage.

2 Likes

dont know - they made some cool costumes with new mechanics for other events but those 3 seem so uninspired
besides the costume bonus to make lepiota very fast with the right team

Ohhh, sorry, I forgot to do it.

1 Like

I have his original and i cant believe how much i used him back in the days with G Panther. And i dont use him even in wars now. The costume is such a lazy work

does someone has a print from him after the buffs?

2 Likes

Still nobody with this guy maxed?

Took health and Def by mistake for 2 nodes so not full attack path

4 Likes

Much appreciated! 20 chars

1 Like

I really want to take this guy in soul exchange just so I can reuse what I have and save mats, but when I compare him to Tinsel, she’s just better all-around. Sadly, I’m going to call it a day, strip him of emblems and retire him.

I have Fulvia and Chomper already. I guess Cupido will be the next 3 hitter average hero to join my collection.

1 Like