🔱 Costumed Danzaburo – 4* Holy / Yellow Costume from Season 2

New Season 2 Costume is released: Costumed Danzaburo

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Danzaburo, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Danzaburo.

Costumed Danzaburo

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Sorcerer
A
Average
1%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 2 Sakura
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Amazing Deals
  • Sell junk for a specific effect:
  • Dull Swords
    • Deals 270% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -39% attack for 3 turns.
  • Questionable Snake Oil
    • All enemies get -24% mana generation for 3 turns.
    • All enemies get -44% defense for 3 turns.
  • Clearance Sale:
    • Increases the mana of all allies except the caster’s by 3%.
    • The caster can’t gain mana for 2 turns. This effect can’t be cleansed.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sakura Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +2% / +4% / +7% / +12% mana generation.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack reduced to 609 from 671.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 4 of Season 2 Hero Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Danzaburo ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Danzaburo.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Danzaburo and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Danzaburo worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Danzaburo on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Danzaburo ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Danzaburo as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Danzaburo Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Danzaburo’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Danzaburo and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Danzaburo, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Danzaburo when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Danzaburo, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Danzaburo (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Danzaburo), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Danzaburo (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Danzaburo worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Danzaburo would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Danzaburo’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer and Attack Debuffer
  • Mana Generation and Defense Debuffer
  • Mana Increaser and Self Mana Blocker

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Danzaburo compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Danzaburo’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Danzaburo’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Danzaburo is better ?

• Normal Danzaburo
  • Costumed Danzaburo

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Danzaburo worth giving Rogue Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Danzaburo is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Danzaburo is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Danzaburo worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Danzaburo then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

I’m actually pulling this Atlantis for this guy and I want 2 copies, one for the original, the other for the costume in order to have 4.5 skills. I have Ptolemy, so their negative skills are covered

4 Likes

3percent joke or for real

I hope joke. 10% would be least acceptable

2 Likes

Still better than zero mana to allies and blocking himself for two turns. Not much better but better.

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Already have two of him from waaay back (wrote a lot about it, running double actually works well with only 1/9 chance of double snowflakes while the other two specials are (ahem, were) OP for a 4*).

Back to that, the costume’s two strong outcomes are back to being borderline OP. Thing is there are seriously OP heroes* out there that are easier to use so unless you are new and summon him or have been playing for ages and already have him, not sure he’ll get much :heartbeat:

*(plug and play, niche filling, no anxious doubts involved, OP 4 * heroes).

I hope to get the costume will max for both and try him in 4* tournaments. Only fair, he helped me early days, can’t ignore him now (I think he was my 1st Atlantis 4* back when it launched).

2 Likes

I’m curious about folks’ experience with Danza generally — using or facing him.

Because… while I haven’t faced him often, the times I have… he has seemed to choose “bonk self onna head” a lot more than 1 time out of 3.

It’s put even the plain Danza I have waaaaaaay at the end of my potential training queue.

Not sure that this costume is exactly adding to any desire to pull at this Atlantis portal (even with coins).

Still don’t want….

Got a single pull from coins. Of course i pull this dud of a costume.

Special skill - SELL JUNK

Lol brilliant, I actually really liked this guy in my early days he still comes out every now and then.

3% though, I guess it’s a tad better than the original ‘freeze’

3 Likes

Also blew my one coin pull hoping for Misandra costume, and pulled this guy. I don’t have any yellow projects, should I level him or feed him to the next good yellow I pull?

F2P if it matters

If you’re in any doubt just listen to your gut feeling and wait.

But make up your own mind, don’t let someone else decide how you play a game.

@PlayForFun They toned down the attack to 609

Which was probably a good idea, as he hits like a truck.
He is the hardest hitting 4* (total damage output) outside 3xcharge ninjas and slow C. Colen and slow Sumle, which has a miss chance
In addition he gives the enemies a hefty atk down. IF he pulls the swords…

He has two devastating results, and one totally useless one. However, two turns without mana is something that can be worked around in many occasions.

Full disclosure. I don’t have him. I have pulled the original. I hoard all heroes, but he is soooooo far behind the queue that I ate him to make space.

That said, I can definitely see him having his uses if you either have few heroes, or if you are a gambler, and who of us aren’t? SG tends to award risk (mono, higher damage with requirements etc) and this guy has an inbuilt risk that makes his attacks, if he hits, quite strong

1 Like

Well, he’s better than the original. Those first two parts of his special are quite nice. The third part is crap, so he’s not someone you’d want to take unless you have few yellow options. Better to take someone whose special is specific and guaranteed.

What a complete waste of time and space. He’s still worthless. What a joke.

1 Like

Seeing this, I think this comment is literally the phrase ‘one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.’ I really want him on the other hand.

1 Like

The correct option is missing here.

The poll should be as follows

What do you think Costume Danzaburo’s primary purpose is?
  • Covering Danzaburo’s nipples
  • Any other idea is wrong
  • No seriously covering his nipples is a godsend

0 voters

3 Likes

Given what I’ve seen on Soul Exchange threads (and how often I wish I could trade in heroes just to go through other players’ discards), I’m not going to disagree with your general sentiment!

But specifically, I am genuinely curious, what in particular do you want Danza/cDanza for? I find the “purpose” poll above somewhat puzzling, for instance, when Danza is literally random (never mind his seeming propensity for “er, stop hitting myself, d’oh!).

Is it to help round out a literal Chaos team (e.g. every hero fires random effects, so it’s impossible for an opponent to fully prepare for effects when even you don’t know what your own team will actually do)?

I just want to build a RNG team. With normal danza and c danza, I can have 4.5 skills. 3% mana is still mana and in very niche scenes could be useful. I have Ptolemy, so I can reverse the negative rng into a net positive, giving my danzas self heal.
My plan is for rush 4* tourneys
(not decided)/c danza/Ptolemy/danza/(not decided)
I don’t expect it to win matches, I just want it to be fun, and create some chaotic fun for the enemy to play against as well
No more chasing for strong heroes, I want to chase for heroes that I want to use on offence and defence

3 Likes