ℹ Costumed Ares – 5* Fire/Red - Aug 2017 HotM Costume

New HOTM Costume is Released: Costumed Ares

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Costumed Ares, as well as your thoughts on Costumed Ares.

Costumed Ares

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Druid
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Tavern of Legends Legends 2017
Image Aether Power Description
heal-increase Heal Increase At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +50% increase for any healing received for 6 turns.
:hourglass: Ability: Cleanse on Special Skill
When this character casts their Special Skill, they cleanse the newest status ailment from all allies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Seal of Ares
  • The caster and nearby allies get +45% attack for 4 turns. The attack increases by 5% each turn, up to 60%.
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 90% of the damage received for 4 turns. The counterattack damage increases by +10% each turn, up to +120%.
  • The caster and nearby allies regenerate 672 boosted health over 4 turns. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • Elemental Link gives all Fire allies +15% attack and +15% defense all for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Legends 2017 Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2017 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +5% / +10% / +15% mana generation.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

Sep 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Costumed Ares from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 3 of HoTM Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Costumed Ares ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Costumed Ares.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Costumed Ares and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Costumed Ares worth summoning for?

• Would you use Costumed Ares on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Costumed Ares ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Costumed Ares as an opponent?

• Would you give Costumed Ares Druid Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Costumed Ares’s character design?

• If you Summoned Costumed Ares and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Costumed Ares, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Costumed Ares when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Costumed Ares, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Costumed Ares (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Costumed Ares), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Costumed Ares (post release)

:question: Is Costumed Ares worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Costumed Ares would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Costumed Ares’s Primary Purpose is?

• Attack Buffer
  • Counterattack Buffer
  • HP Booster (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Costumed Aeron compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Costumed Ares’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Costumed Ares’s Base Stats?

Note this means Costumed Aeron’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think which version of Aeron is better ?

• Normal Ares
  • Costumed Ares

0 voters

:question: Is Costumed Aresworth giving Paladin Emblems to the original hero?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Costumed Ares is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Costumed Ares is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Costumed Ares worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Costumed Ares then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

4 Likes

So far he doesn’t look enticing. Still buffs only on 3. Better than base but Phenexa featured later this week is better (has no counter and boosted HP but heals right away everyone, buffs attack and crit of everyone and has that ressurrection rate decrease and mana speed bonus for lone wolves).

2 Likes

Would love to grab costume Ares :slight_smile:

Even though he is only for three, I love his double offense utility.

Already have C. Alberich, C. Hel and C. Perseus, so Ares would be effectively fast on defense :slight_smile:

1 Like

The polls are now enabled. The hero is arrrived in the same form as we seen it in Beta.

2 Likes

the poll is still disabled

1 Like

Sorry, maybe I forgot to click on save :slight_smile:

Now they are really enabled.

1 Like

@PlayForFun sorry to bother you again, but the poll all says Aeron instead of Ares :sweat_smile:

On a separate note I would love to pull him, not because I think he’s spectacular or a must-have, but because I have him ascended already from a long time ago and he’s just collecting dust. If I got the costume I could use him again in some instances, without having to use precious 4* mats :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry, it seems I have copied the incorrect costume’s polls here.
I have fixed it.
Two of polls are reset (Primary purpose and which version are better) as they could not be changed otherwise.

3 Likes

The costume is undoubtedly better than classic Ares, and I definitely want him! I’ve been wanting Ares since he first came out six years ago :pleading_face: even though he sucked for a long time as a hero. Hopefully the game will give me my most desired hero some year.

1 Like

Hhmmm … do I or don’t I???

3 Likes

After reading his card… M&M needs a buff, she’s trash compared to cAres

3 Likes

if only c.ares had critcal chance he would be awesome

1 Like

Personally, I do not go to Ares’ key party

4 Likes

Don’t see much use for this hero. Maybe if he can reduce mana during hit.

At average speed, a lot of better heroes out there that can cast to the whole team.

Ares can be technically fast with 2 others 2017 members ( Like C. Hell and C. Perseus) :wink:

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken he can become functionally fast with just 1 other 2017 family member because his costume is a druid (4%) + costume bonus (1%) + family bonus (10%) = 15%. But with 2 other family members he’s fast regardless of anything else :thinking:

2 Likes

Well yes, I tried to exclude options, which are also available to other heroes like higher costume bonuses, talents, troops, etc,…

Point was aimed more for the defense ( on offense most heroes can charge in 9 tiles), that he is fast/faster even among base ''fast heroes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow not even LB and look at that HP. If my alliance ran red tanks, he’d be a real contender for aethers :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this