Costume Hiatus, stop embleming costumes?

Never started them as its bogus you have to level them in the first place. Here’s my analogy…go into any costume shop for Halloween, plunk down $$, and viola you are whoever you decided you wanted to be.

No leveling required.

If you really had to level them for whatever reason, hams & iron and some 1* farmable mat should have been sufficient. No feeding required.

Again, Halloween analogy…want a better wig for your costume? More detailed sword? Plunk down a bit extra for the upgraded costume. Done. No hoops to jump through.

I also think the change in class is wonky as that messes with the emblem path chosen. Poorly thought out.

1 Like

I still think that the best way to handle this emblem issue is for costumes to change a hero’s color, not its class.

1 Like

I seriously doubt they will change the fundamental way emblems operate on costumes. It’s been the same ever since they first appeared in beta and changing it now without warning undoes months of a consistent narrative (not to mention the work necessary to change the code already completed).

On the other hand, I have no clue why they needed a hiatus to work on the costume feature, and I don’t really care to guess since there is absolutely no information to base any speculation on. I would agree that it is prudent not to invest heavily in plans involving costumes at the moment, because something will most likely change; we just don’t know what.

5 Likes

If it’s little changes they’re making, then I’m going to assume they need more time just because of the holidays.

A lot of businesses get very paranoid about software being deployed when their developers are on vacation. Every place I’ve worked at is like this – they simply don’t want to risk breaking something while no one is in the office. :stuck_out_tongue: just my best guess here

7 Likes

1x Emblem option

The Devs could have emblems for each path, but the costume nodes cost 1x emblems ( just use the formula for 1* heroes class nodes ).

So fighter Joon mana bonus ( node 19 ) would cost 1x emblem, 38433 food and 38433 iron.

Costume nodes are limited by base hero nodes.

Example
Fighter Joon can only go to 5*+c5 on a monk Joon 5*+b5 hero.

We already have a precedent for this with reduced ascension items for costumes.

Options

They also have other options

FIN

8 Likes

Maybe, but

Could literally be anything, such as

:thinking: :woman_shrugging:

Well, maybe not Santa Elpis.

4 Likes

Really? Uproar?! On the forum?? :thinking:

8 Likes

This also avoids the reset emblem problem for COSTUMES ( not base hero).

1*+19 costs 2 gems and returns all 19 emblems if you want to reset the costume.

1*+20 costs 2 gems and returns 19 of the 20 emblems if you want to reset the costume.

Bonus, it reuses code already developed.

4 Likes

Food and iron is pretty big

1 Like

OK, so, if they change how emblems are working on costumes, I would do it like this to be as fair as possible.

• automatically reset all the emblems on costumed heroes.
  • give the full emblems back to us.
  • return to us all the food and iron we used when applying the number of nodes that have been reseted by giving us a number of those new items that store food and iron (rounding up if needed, since those items have limited quantities).

Easy example (with totaly invented numbers):
If I used 123k of food, give us one of those items that give you 100k of food and one that gives 25k food (and same for iron)

That way, you can automatically emblem the hero again for free.

Won’t change the fact that maybe somebody has ascended someone and now he regrets it after the change, but it’s a start…

That could be the reason for the hiatus, since they can’t give us those items yet.

2 Likes

The question is what changes are going to be made? Specifically what is “broken” with costumes, especially from SG’s perspective? There are a few possibilities:

• The emblem system – I consider taking the “wrong” emblem path or effectively a random one to be annoying rather than horrible, so maybe not. (Only emblemed hero I have with a costume is Rigard, and I emblemed him before his costume was an option anyway)
  • How they are leveled up – Seems reasonable
  • How they are summoned / what summoning them costs? – If almost nobody threw gems at the costume chamber, this is a business model failure. (I earned keys for two, and bought the cheap gem deal for two more, since it was a decent deal on gems even if I wasn’t interested in paying for the costume keys)

I know a lot of players who will spend a LOT trying to get a hero. Far fewer for a costume, and that is supposed to be the new shiny thing.

The crititcal fail (for me) is that a costume isn’t anywhere near as good as a new hero, but the summoning cost is the same.

6 Likes

@Kikyo, that was terrifying, especially BEFORE my 1st cup of morning coffee :flushed:

2 Likes

I don’t think they would randomly change the way emblems work…

… but I suppose you never know with SG.

There’s no way to tell as they have kept everything so vague.

I agree the safest approach is to hold on to your emblems if you are only embleming to max the benefit of a costume

1 Like

Better than DURING your morning coffee :smiley:

2 Likes

:joy: True that @AngelOfDark666

I would be nice to be able to rearrange the emblems on the costume free of charge to match the needs of the costume. It would not upset those who have run at the primary hero’s to get to the costume

2 Likes

Yep, it would be nice. 2 days of resources, collected from absolutely anything possible, wasted to change the path for rogue Li Xiu +19.

Even rework the costume emblems any time you want. Might make the costume version more interesting, and you can’t get the benefit without having the base hero maxed anyway. Pay no emblems, maybe pay food/iron for each node flipped.

1 Like

The easiest way to resolve this would simply be to unlock emblems on both sides. Costumes and original hero. If you equip the costume , it disables the emblems from the original side. If you use the original, then emblems are disabled from the costume. That way you have your choice and don’t have to worry about lose. Simple

Yes but unless they also change that a costume works on multiple copies of the same hero then you could get multiple fully emblemed heros by only putting emblems on one costume.

2 Likes