Costume Chamber is Back - Discussion (January 2020)

On all the stuffā€¦ yes, it shouldnā€™t.
But in some stuffs, IT SHOULD AND IT MUST.

After all, tell me, why should you bother to play 2,5 years like me, if you after all that time are at the same point as the first day?

I have nothing reserved for me.
No special accomplishment.
No zone where people like me can fight each other.
No more chance then you to get something in this game.
No great badges either, or rewards.
No ways to use all the many things i have accumulate in those years (other then a mediocre AL)

I really hope when you played as long as i in this game, you watch back and see something that shows that and thank you for that.

I had enjoyed the game and still somewhat are, but this game itself donā€™t reward you in any way to be loyal.

I would really like something, anything in this game that scream thank you for that.

Even just a badge.

Costume was a good opportunity, and yet they turn it just in another money maker thing without soul, more for new players then old ones.

Really, donā€™t play as long as i played here.
Retire before that point.

Iā€™m beyond salvation, but if you expect to reach higher goals/status for more long you play, you gonna have a bad time.

11 Likes

Having already owned many of the costumes currently available, I wonder if I will do more than just pull free.
So far Iā€™ve been happy with the heroā€™s improvements.

I would be happy if more costumes become available.

I now see the new changes as somewhat negative for me.

The pull rates for the 5 * costumes before were more interesting for me.

All in the hope that the right hero will come at 3 x TC 20.

Screenshot_20200110-190445
Richard isnā€™t completed.

3 Likes

I canā€™t pull a 5* out of a summon portal (just paid for 10x 3* out of the Teltoc portal and the Grimforest portal the month before) and the odds of Legendary Costume/Hero will be decreased? Yeesh, when it rains, it pours.

It does offer me additional chances of acquiring the S1 5* heroes I am missing (3 of them are in the currently released lineup), but ehā€¦ Sure one might argue that there isnā€™t that much costumes available now so the chance of drawing something unique may apply. Sureā€¦ But the chances of dupes 3* are also quite high. Not that it matters with my crappy summoning luck, and the best chances I will have will probably still be TC20 to grab the last of the S1 heroes I am still missing.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a very skewed perspective Elpis, no offense. A new player having the chance to pull the same hero that it took you one year to get from TC20 doesnā€™t make you both equal.

There are a lot of aspects of this game that reward patience and seniority, starting with buildings, troops, and ascension mats. Very few people, if any, can buy those.

Thatā€™s an advantage you will enjoy for a long time over newbies. The rest, no offense again, is just petulance.

3 Likes

For a year (or so) my buildings have been still because there was no upgrade to them.
I lost 1 year of ā€œadvantageā€ of that.

For more then a year there was no Atlantis, no events, no tournaments, no AM offers or ā€œspecialā€ offers.
Those heroes, prices and such were beyond my grasp.

For almost 2 years there were no classes.
When it roll out, i had the same emblems of a person started that day.

New players has literally eat years of my ā€œadvantageā€ and doesnā€™t even notice it.

4 Likes

Itā€™s okay to have a chance for a catch up imoā€¦

3 Likes

You can now really pull a legendary hero here with a bonus being the costume for them.

How come people think it would make sense to be able to pull a legendary hero out of every portal at 2.5% chance, but here be able to do it at 4% chance?

It was 4% because chances were you pulled costume for legendary hero you didnā€™t own, so you had to then try and pull or train them for ages. Now you get them guaranteed, can use the costume almost immediately. And you people riot. Seriously, I donā€™t understand it at all. What logic is this?

6 Likes

Iā€™m absolutely NOT against it, itā€™s legit different people must have a shot on the top.

But asking something more ā€œusefulā€ for elders rather then new players is not asking to keep the lead always on the same people.

Just, let my 1 year of 4 TC20 have a f*king sense.

1 Like

Chiming in a little lateā€¦ but Iā€™m personally annoyed that now I have costumes and not the hero. I like that is changing going forward, but doesnā€™t help my already many costume pulls. I donā€™t care about the extra gems that it now costs, call that a SGs fault for releasing a not well thought out or tested feature. It would be fair to retroactively give everyone the heroes they donā€™t have (but have the costume). Every time I complain to SG about anything small (even when I got charged an extra time for 200 gems), they preach ā€œbalance of the gameā€ and ā€œunfairā€ā€¦ this is a mis-balance having a costume you canā€™t use, but going forward everyone does.

And yes, alchemy lab is a joke. I am happy I never even built it, and all I hear is my alliance members regretting it when they did. I know you can revert it back to the original building, but come onā€¦ it was clearly a joke from minute one.

3 Likes

Hopefully time awarded you with a deeper benchā€¦

It would need to be an Advanced Training Camp :wink:

5 Likes

I want to ask one thing:

If costume chamber give you still only the costume and no AM, but with better chance for legendary and at the costs of troops and stll a chance for HotM ,would it be bad for new players?

Because for me that way was great for both.

But nope, elders must get a duplicate that has no value for an increased price.

5 Likes

That was exactly the right thing to do.

1 Like

Because here they can easily make more money, and they figured it out

For God sake they can even make it a double chance offer.

• those who want the hero and the AM 350 gems

• those that want only the costume 200

Just give me the choice!

18 Likes

Read some of the posts above and maybe it will be clearer. The logic is that under the new policy costs of legendary costumes have effectively DOUBLED (37.5% less change at a 15% higher price).

The S1 heroes donā€™t make a difference to any player who spends or has played a while - you get them for free for a while from TC20 (run those for a while and itā€™s vritually guaranteed, for FREE!) So what youā€™re pulling for for many is the costumes, which are now effectively TWICE as expensive.

Letā€™s say you donā€™t have heroes for half the costumes you pull, the old way. Thatā€™s still ok since you paid half of what you would now, and given you would inevitably get the heroes, even without pulls (let alone with), for free from TC20.

If they wanted to ā€œrespond to feedbackā€ and ā€œimproveā€ theyā€™d offer for a this as an option - but trust me, almost no one would take it if offered as an option, and they would make less money. Otherwise why would they eliminate that ā€œinferiorā€ option? The only consideration here is their making money, and the issue is the community doesnā€™t mobilize for the stuff SG throws at them, however wrong it is.

The only real bonus other a supposed better drop for keys (which could have been added regardless) is the HoTM chance (which they could have added regardless, if this were for us - letā€™s say with the price increase but without the extreme drop rate reduction).

Hope that helps clarify the issue people are upset about.

6 Likes

Excellent suggestion. I hope they listen, but I doubt it.

At least give us the option for the old crappy pull rather than this new ā€œimprovedā€ one with way lower chances and a chance at free dupe heroes. Hell, Iā€™d even pay the old 300 for it!

@Petri? What are our chances? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

After you reach a certain point the differences become almost nil. When I started a player who had playing for a long time and is a fairly hefty spender started helping me out with advice etc. They already had a number of maxed 5 stars. Now I am virtually their equal, at least in roster strength. And Iā€™m not all that far behind on levelā€¦something I never expected.

So I hear these ā€œnever catch upā€ stuff and I know its BS. If you are reasonably smart about how you play and you play a lot, you will get to the point where the difference isnā€™t noticeable.

8 Likes

Just a question: I have pulled isarniaā€™s costume the first time costume chamber came out. Do I get isarnia now?

2 Likes

Iā€™m level 75 and most of the players in saders are below 70 or even 60

So youā€™re not crazy