Costume Chamber is Back - Discussion (January 2020)

Dont need those crap Costumes and invest nothing to get them

2 Likes

Total HotM

The drastic increase is across all users.

It impacts big spenders the least and F2P the most.

Renewable

The new masquerade quest also awards 10x keys ( 2x chance at HotM ! ) in addition to chest drops. Compared to 15x Challenge coins ( 1.5x chance at HotM ) for Challenge events ( should add Challenge coins to all chests ).

For big spenders the increase is very small but the increase is there.

Especially users hitting rare 14* titans and getting Epic Hero Token drops and Atlantis coin drops ( should add Challenge coins to all rare titans).

But.

For F2P and C2P, especially those hitting 5* titans, this is the second renewable chance at HotM!

Seadragon, and suspicious chest, spawn rates are so bad hundreds of stages, and months, can go by without enough random drops for a 1x summons from stages.

Guaranteed Atlantis coins from map stages can only be gotten once.

Challenge coins are 18x chances per year while Masquerade quests will be 24x chances per year. A +133% increase plus any loot drops ( Epic hero tokens, Atlantis coins, Costume keys ).

13 Likes

+1000x :heavy_heart_exclamation:

You should post this to the Ideas & Feature Requests sub forum

16 Likes

Overall I think this is a good set of changes. I know everyone’s focusing on the increased gem cost, but I think that’s the wrong way to look at it. I doubt people would have balked had it been rolled out this way in the first place.

Three points I’d like to make.

1. I applaud there being more ways to acquire keys. That was one of the most common complaints and I appreciate that SGG listened.

2. Meaning no offense to @TheChef or anyone who shares their opinion, but making a system that doesn’t suit the P2P crowd is kind of the flip side of making a feature more approachable and useful to the F2P / C2P crowd. So I support this change even though I’m probably high on the C2P spectrum and therefore less assisted personally.

3. @Petri, what will happen to the duration of Atlantis? Thanks in advance!

22 Likes

Hopefully to the featured ones.

4*trainer/3*/4* mat instead of hero when hero already on the bench would make me summon. But 350 for a dupe and a costume will make me f2c.

Free 2 Costume. :wink:

5 Likes

As a player who only spend what I earn in Google rewards the increase in gem cost does not bother me as i had no intention of buying costumes at 300 gems.

The fact I now have harder challenges and the chance of more costume summons is a great plus.

Getting a hero with costume, great if I don’t have hero but based on the odds that’s unlikely although i won’t complain about more 5* heroes even if dupes.

Overall I’m very pleased with the announced changes

7 Likes

But now they can add old HotM, Atlantis heroes ( after Season 3 rising rolls out), and Challenge event heroes to Costume chamber.

Hoping Proteus, and Wilbur, added to the costume chamber.

8 Likes

Not smaller, previously there is no chance for HOTM but now there is 1.3% fo a HOTM. HOTM is generally better than S1 heroes.

1 Like

If there will be a chance of getting HotMs it’d be nice, but for my understanding you’ll always get the costume matching heroes?

1 Like

What make you think so?

Which make it unlikely for them to receive costume.

1 Like

okay, Suicide_Bunny, I understans what you are saying and having an extra chance for a hotm is a nice extra, but i have already 5 Grimm, 3 Wu Kong and many more (and all 3*, some times 5), so i would really stick with a decent chance to get a 5* hero. An increased chance for a hotm would be an additional treat.

2 Likes

Suicide_Bunny, on second thought, I’d say it’s fair, but not what I was hoping for, but fair enough.

3 Likes

Atlantis Rises will be reverted back to a 3-day event in February, as the change was only temporary:

11 Likes

If they would provide several different costumes for each hero with different utilities or even mana speed changes, it was a cool summon gate.

The 4th vanilla dupe and of each costume isn’t worth the price.

But a nice gate for beginners.

6 Likes

The direction i truly think it’s headed ^^

11 Likes

That is what I fear, if different costume bonus stack, imagine Lianna with +10% attack, +10% defense, +20% HP, and +10% mana regen

2 Likes

I dont see additional bonuses

Just additional skills

4 Likes

If I read this correct you will receive the original hero as well as the costume for that hero. Does anyone know if there is a plan for those who pulled a hero costume on the last event and does not have that hero as I did with Quintus and Elena?

8 Likes

Dont think so since we got em cheaper, they’ll consider it a trade off

6 Likes

Cheers Rigs. Exactly what I figure but thought I’d ask as there doesn’t seem to be any direction on that.

4 Likes