Costume Chamber is Back - Discussion (January 2020)

For late game players who have a full collection of classic heroes, whether through paid summons or running TC20, I am with you! Spending extra gems to get 3*, 4*, and 5* heroes as food is a total waste, and there is a very good reason I already do not spend my gems at the epic hero summon portal ever.

The original costume chamber wasnā€™t a good enough value for me to part with gems, so it doesnā€™t change much for me, now that it is even worse.

I agree that for early game players it would be incredibly frustrating to get the costume but not have the hero, and this is ONE way to fix that problem.

I do like having more ways to get keys by playing/farming; that is good for everybody.

I would suggest that SG somehow make the hero optional, and reduce the gem cost of the summons to less than the cost of summoning a hero (since a costume is indeed less than a hero!) My preferred choice would be the OPTION of buying the hero for gems after getting the costume.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking - sort of like the Summon Portal, and Epic Summon Portal.

Costume / Hero + Costume Portals.

I like this idea. Iā€™m amongst the players that got a 5* costume with my keys from the masquerade for a hero (Lianna) I dont have.

When I read about the changes they were making I knew other people in my same situation were gonna be asking that they be given the hero. I mean, we had a better chance to actually land the 5* costumes and those that used gems to do pulls knew what they were paying for and did so at a cheaper price so I dont think we are owed anything. It is, however, frustrating to have this costume we cant use so I think giving us the option to pay gems for the actual hero would be a fair compromise.

3 Likes

Really? Thatā€™s an upgrade I can get behind! Is that a firm change or is it still in Beta?

Neither nor, just my suggestion.

Hi, I just wanted to follow up on this announcement that we are indeed looking into donating some Costume Keys for all players who are eligible for this feature (level 18+). You should find some keys in your Inbox once the next Costume Event begins. :slight_smile:

41 Likes

Yay 1 free keyā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ . .

He did say ā€œdonating some Costume Keysā€ā€¦ so probably 2

1 Like

Even if it were one or two keys, it would still be much better than simply ignoring that the event didnā€™t happen.

Iā€™m more optimistic and think we will either get five keys for one full summon or maybe even six, which would be the exact number of keys that could have been obtained.

7 Likes

I got a key in a chest today (thanks update!), so with the one extra one from two months ago, I only need them to give us 3. However, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they give us 5 anyway.

I like that you can get more keys and from more sources, but I certainly wonā€™t be spending any gems / real money on this feature.

1 Like

Thank you I think this will be appreciated.

I will and probably pull from this portal once depending on the featured heroes.
Not because i like it, but simply because it is the one with more chance to improve my team and give me something to work on.

I will surely not go particulary strong on pulls and only once. If iā€™m lucky enough to get some legendaries good, but rare and epic alone are already enough.

Then i will wait they switch costumes and get other epics and rare (that they surely will still make appealing to force spending).
Again not many pulls, just enough to give me something new.

And then againā€¦ and againā€¦ and again.

Thereā€™s too many risks of dupes, better go easy.

As it turn out, using a +9 Rigard costume in raid, although comes with more specials like attack buff, my heroes just gone on the 2nd turn of healing. It would have been saved had I used the original Rigard. Probably few unlucky moments. Big bonus on titan though.
Mega P2W accounts with tons of maxed hotM and event legendaries does not really bother about the coustume keys?
Itā€™s us up and coming players who get excited on it.

Keys are back, these were in my alt acct war chest today . I filled it last week but didnā€™t come back to open it until today. I play main daily but not alt. Also got tonic and hidden blade despite only 80%. Hope theyā€™re all like this ā€¦lol

6 Likes

I love my costume Rigard, but youā€™re right, certain situations his % heal is better than the healing over time. However, there is still a time and a place for it. He really helped me get through the legendary tier of teltoc and survive slash attacks, also pairs well with a % healer.

2 Likes

Wow nice we can get more than one key at a time in loot drops? I wonder what is the largest bundle we can get. :key: :key: :key:

Suicide Bunny, just stumbled over your post again. If a business offers 10 free books that have been read by 90% of the population (and are therefore useless unless you need doubles or Xmas presents etc), is it a good deal? Most people have the majority of classic heroes fairly quickly, so unless itā€™s Sartana or Domitia, it would be pretty useless for me. Anyway, Iā€™ve changed my mind a couple of times, which means that the answer is not straightforward.

1 Like

My first key received after update (titan chest):

3 Likes

2 Likes