Costume chamber hiatus discussion

So when is version 26.coming??

2 Likes

Does it mean we still have the quest to get those keys?

3 Likes

Probably not, but I could see em giving us a free key or something when it comes back.

I’m disappointed, naturally, but glass-half-full positive about any changes being steps in right direction. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am disappointed - I was looking forward to this event, though I honestly think that should have zero impact on whether or not it runs. Primarily, this is frustrating because of how SGG is handling it. I think SGG is making the following missteps, which they often do in their announcements and general communication with the player pool:

1. They are being unnecessarily stingy about information. Saying they received ‘valuable feedback’ is extremely nebulous. What, in particular, did they decide was actionable? At least it feels like they could say something about the nature of the changes. Is it about the frequency of the event, the reward structure, buffs / nerfs, new costumes, utilizing duplicates, leveling up multiple costumes, etc.

2. Communication (I realize this isn’t really different from the first one, but it is so important and SGG is so consistently (frankly) bad at it that I think it bears a separate mention): are there actual bugs? Or did something in implementation not work the way they expected / wanted? As others have said, I don’t recall hearing about any bugs. The biggest problem seemed to be that equipping was confusing many people, but SGG took a reasonable step to solve that with an extra warning message. I am aware that many were unhappy their costume got locked in for war / tournament - is it about that? I really don’t see how telling us that would hurt SGG (not like that could be proprietary or something).

3. Timing: this announcement seems late. Surely any important feedback they received came in three-ish weeks ago, closer to the original event. Are we really to believe they received some new feedback yesterday? To the best of my knowledge, nothing new was in beta in the last month, suggesting they were not working on any changes - is this process just starting now? That feels very last minute.

It would have been nice to get some indication about the timing of when we can expect the new event, though. Right now, that is impossible to gauge, since we know nothing about the nature of the changes they feel they need to make. Like others, I see no reason they couldn’t just trot out the same Costume Chamber event as last month (unless there was an actual problem with it - again, it didn’t seem so and SGG certainly hasn’t said there is).

It saddens me: SGG has such a loyal and ardent player base and while I have relatively few issues with SGG’s aggressive attempts to monetize that, I think they seriously err by consistently being withholding about information.

SGG’s statements are invariably terse and devoid of the information player’s are most interested in. I feel offering a little more would significantly pacify many players. Perhaps I am wrong, but SGG has never tried it and seen how it went. I really feel a statement as simple as, ‘We are removing the Costume Chamber to adjust xyz hero and add abc - we think this will take us two weeks,’ would go a long way towards engendering goodwill and also be widely accepted by the player base.

44 Likes

I agree it’s disappointing to not get a costume event this month.

But we can only hope that the devs have taken the recent feedback into account when they say they’ll be making some improvements. :crossed_fingers: Hopefully a few of these at least are implemented:

5 Likes

I think the Costume chamber RNG and number of keys will stay the same.

But COSTUME implementation in game needs improvement

According to rumors, Class quests and costumes were not tested together in a Beta

User confusion

2 Likes

Hah, funny enough, I waited for that chamber to open this time, since I already got the hotm and extra gems I wouldn’t mind making a 10 pull there to grab few of these costumes, they are generally very useful.

I was one of those giving negative feedback though, so I guess I shouldn’t complain much.

I guess their changes will include:

• HotM chance from pulling
  • More ways to get keys
  • More frequent availability
  • Perhaps change to the emblem logic?

Well by cancelling the nearest one they limit the impact of running updated feature in the future (and people asking for compensation because they used to pull xyz times without chances for a HotM blablabla). That’s for the best I think. Trusting the changes will be positive to community.

Side comment is beta feedback should suffice for those cases, it’s not the first time something was allowed to public then quickly changed. Why isn’t that caught in beta? Or perhaps it is but not given enough attention…?

According to rumors, Class quests and costumes were not tested together in Beta. So it could be related to class quests ( see my post above for issues).

2 Likes

What complaints I’m reading (with the exception of the HotM option) still has very little to do with the costume chamber itself. It appears to be the implementation of the costumes that is the issue. Since they didn’t take that away (that I’m aware of) I don’t understand the removal of the summon. It once again hurts the non-whales of the community. F2P and very C2P players who didn’t get the dozens of summons last event don’t get the opportunity to get additional costumes in the near future. I for one am F2P and this move by SGG hurts.

Maybe taking it away was a way for SGG to not exacerbate the other issues, I don’t know. If it was, it would have been nice for them to say that.

5 Likes

Oh, my Boldtusk costume and I have had issues. See above post for details.

Ditto Gryphonkit, my wife, and her Melendor costume.

1 Like

Finger crossed on frequent key quests and a fixed costume summon gate with monthly featured costume rotation.

Dreaming is sooo nice, don’t wake me up :laughing:

5 Likes

I don’t know how can they nerf this feature even more…
Hopefully they will fix the issue of locking heroes when used in war defense team/Raid defense team…

2 Likes

Don’t worry, everyone will get one key and one WE flask for compensation :ok_hand:

5 Likes

No reset button? :pleading_face:

If it is the empty slots in class quest teams ( see above ) the more copies of 3* / 4* healer costumes in the player base, the more problems SGG’s costumer support will have.

They do not even have to add new heroes since Hawkmoon, Rigard, Melendor and Boldtusk are popular costumes.

1 Like

Are they currently accepting feedback on the Alchemy Lab too, because damn…

6 Likes

Well, damn. I was looking forward to and hoping to do a few more pulls in Costume Chamber. But I guess they’ll “improve” it… you know… make it worse!

And I will not be spending a cent on Atlantis, been F’d over the past 4 or 5 Atlantis events. So thank you SGG for killing next week for me.

1 Like

I was saving gems for costumes so it is a slight bummer.

I can wait if they are going to make improvements. I have no real issues with the last except the cost was the same as a 10-pull with no chance of HOTM.

I know I’m cynical, but when the response is so ambiguous, I always default to, “We found a way we think we can make more money off of this, but we can’t say that outright.”

I hope they didn’t look at the number of people who spent gems for costumes and project that out over the next several months, assume it would continue, and decide that was a good reason not to increase key drops. With so few costumes, folks won’t continue to spend for costume pulls at that rate long-term.

15 Likes

Ok no costume event this month.

But 20 costume keys for compensation please :grinning:

13 Likes