Cool Forum Title

With me u never can be sure :laughing:

1 Like

If it tastes good then it’s bad for u… Hold my :beer: I’m going back for seconds… Y O L O

2 Likes

Duh… I’ve always been a bad influence. U should know that by now :laughing:

1 Like

Personally I have found you always positive in a unique way that is all yours.
I like it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Factories

They removed the problematic chemicals years ago ( see notes )

Though less processed is generally more nutritious ( except uncooked food )

DIY

One of my favorite DIY microwave popcorn recipes

(Microwave Popcorn Recipe | Allrecipes)

Drizzle with garlic butter and

sprinkle with Parmesan cheese

for the win

Notes

Click for notes

Factory workers

Consumer

It is important that the consumer deliberately inhaled the chemical at the most dangerous time ( maximum temperature, maximum concentration ) and the chemicals known to be responsible are no longer used

Cooked food

Apparently primates ( omnivores ) have substantially larger guts than modern humans to digest raw plants ( similar to herbivores )

Maybe humans are Firevores, or Omnivore, Heat variant

FIN

6 Likes

Interesting, but i was referring to what is going into my mouth as opposed to manufacturing safety. Ok I admit I haven’t looked at a microwave popcorn label in… decades :flushed: so I went and looked at a couple.

The Orville Redenbacher one I looked at wasn’t too bad but still lists “natural flavors”. In the US msg is considered a “natural flavor” and is one of my migraine triggers. Also causes me … ummm… gastronomic distress.

I know there are people that eat whatever they want and don’t care what it does to them the next day. I have to pack travel food for my husband or he will eat truck stop pizza then pay for it for 3 days…

The Pop Secret one I looked at was much worse.

Lots of things approved for human consumption in the US are not approved in other countries.

It would never have occurred to me to diy microwave popcorn. The air popper is too easy :woman_shrugging:

I look at labels (well actually I squint). I can generally not read a thing, I’m hopelessly long sighted so I tend to ask people what things say at times. People are usually really nice about it and it’s a great way to break the ice.

Girls: “is he creeping on me?” “No he just walked into a tins of beans pyramid, pretty certain I’m safe…” :laughing:

3 Likes

Oil

Cool.

But.

Pros

The oil bath helps

Click for pros and cons

prevent the popcorn being too dry for the Parmesan cheese / Kernel Season’s ^1 / cajun seasoning / salt / tomato powder ^2 / dry seasoning to stick to the kernels. I hate it when all the dry seasoning falls to the bottom of the bag / bowl or ends up dusting my lap

and evenly distributes the fat for flavor

and helps cracked/ borderline low moisture kernels to pop

Cons

However oil does

increase the calories per serving

and makes the process, and dishes, more of a mess

FIN

4 Likes

@SamMe awesome, congrats on your lovey new forum title!!!

And @Tess_01 i saw yours, awesome too!!

4 Likes

@sleepyhead Thank you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It feels strange but nice to wake up with a new forum title. :rofl:

@Tess_01 Nice new forum title! :+1:

4 Likes

:beers: to u both on geting titles. :popcorn: :beer: :laughing:

3 Likes

@Mistress_of_Shadows Thank you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Witch? Say what now??

Congrats @SamMe:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
:popcorn: for you too @Tess_01

3 Likes

Sooooo is there a name for the coven yet or y’all waiting for more members?

Grats on the title :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@JGE @Ruskin505 Congrats to both of you on your new forum title! :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Congrats @JGE and @Ruskin505 ! well done!!

3 Likes

Well I did not live up to my title because I didn’t even notice.
I’d love to know more about who was behind it.

3 Likes

@Ruskin505 shall we tag our suspects

I think @littleKAF and @Dudeious.Maximus would have the power to give you a title AND might have the inclination to do so :slight_smile: or maybe @Guvnor ? @Rook has retired as mod…

@JonahTheBard is always a prime suspect, but he’s been quiet lately (last seen August) so…

I’d say it’s dude given the dragon there.

1 Like

@SamMe ….Thank you. I didn’t notice until you posted lol.
Who gives us these titles?
@Guvnor …. Whoever allocated the Title, gets a big that you from me

2 Likes

Cookie Settings