Cooking and Baking

@IvyTheTerrible I have seen a similar thing done with dates when I was deployed to Jordan. They also had an almond in the middle. I don’t think it was cheesecake filling but it was still delicious.

2 Likes

We took it from Randall’s Adventure and Training (a.k.a. RAT). if you’ve seen Ontario RTAK, RAT 3, RAT 5 knives, they were designed by Randall’s Adventure and Training. They now have their own lines of knives called ESEE knives.

They train military and law enforcement (we had a few rangers and military with us) as well as civilians in various disciplines (rope techniques, self defense, firearms training, search and rescue, field medicine, land navigation, survival, bushcraft etc.)

I would recommend them any day, they have very experienced staff, super helpful, and they make sure you get to test your skills in appropriate conditions. We had a 2.5 hour military PT session, followed by several days of food shortage and sleep deprivation throughout the course to replicate conditions of a survival situation. Other courses are more educational, you learn the techniques and practice, but you don’t have to go to crazy length sleeping with bugs on the floor.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @IvyTheTerrible !

nothing fancy here, my man and I are kinda lazy when we cook. we’ve been doing a lot of stir-fries recently, Asian style. my man has quite a sweet tooth so we use a lot of hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce…

2 Likes

Does anyone want to try my signature spring borscht with chicken and sour cream? :yum: :wink:

борщ со сметаной и курицей

4 Likes

I love dill in my borsch, but I make it red with beats. BTW, I teach Americans that there is no ‘t’ in borsch, and then you come along and spell it with a ‘t’ haha.

2 Likes

All claims to translate.yandex :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BОRSCHE I also like beetroot! But that’s another story! And in General, better borscht with t than without sour cream :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hold the sour cream, but that looks awesome!

1 Like

Hahaa, gotcha. Borsche (that’s how I’m gonna spell it from now on) without sour cream is like a toast without wine. Speaking of toasts, I’m also trying to make my friends stop saying “na zdorovye” when they make a toast. I just give them that look, like “you just said ‘you’re welcome’ in Russian.”

2 Likes

To paraphrase a great Russian movie quote, “Borsche without sour cream is like a wedding night without the bride”.

2 Likes

Try telling your American friends a toast “Выпьем за лося!” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

delicious stuff, everyone :slight_smile: inspiring me…

and i present, farfalle with tuna, veggies and tomato sauce

5 Likes

121129_6w8zn_assiette_vide_faim_sn1250

will you let me try? It looks so delicious! In addition, I love all sorts of dishes with pasta. This recipe has never been tried before! :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

@ArktikaTF you are always welcome to have some! so kind of you to ask :slight_smile: We added some courgettes and tiny bits of bell pepper too!

Excellent thread.

Cottage pie…for everyone in the UK.

Shrimp and cauliflower grits

Stuffed peppers open face

Tacos with homemade pico in the Tricerataco holder…

Shocking there is no beer in any of the photos.

6 Likes

Yall are so healthy I love it, and it all looks delicous, I dont know how I feel about the borscht/borsche/borsch but it looks good so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I got my kids those tricerataco holders a few years ago for Christmas. They were 19 and 25 at the time. They loved them.

6 Likes

Lol.

Bought that for myself this past Christmas.

3 Likes

I’m finding new (old to you…) threads I want to be apart of all the time :joy:

Like a lot of people locked in their houses food became an anchor of normality. Get up and make smoothie, eat lunch, make tea (dinner) but after a while you get bored.

So I decided to make pies with movie scenes on them.

First up is my tribute to Jurassic Park. My Harry Potter pie was disaster (tasted nice) but I’m mulling a new one this weekend…

9 Likes

Sometimes, before going to bed after a hard day’s work, I allow myself to drink a small cocktail. The recipe for this cocktail: homemade grape wine made by my father, mineral water, fresh mint that grows in a pot on my windowsill, and instead of ice cubes-frozen sea buckthorn and frozen tangerine. A toast to you, friends!:clinking_glasses: :wink:

6 Likes

That’s one great cocktail recipe :+1: especially after a long day!
Cheers! :clinking_glasses:
Little reminder: don’t forget to add the translation to English for all our friends here :kissing_heart:

4 Likes