Converting Forges to Barracks (and other questions)

Thanks for the thread split @Rook. I’d meant to ask previously and forgot. Silly meds making me dozy today. Free advice for all - don’t get sick.

@Ayalatannis
It’s always a good idea to keep the farms fairly high if you can. It’s hard to have too much food at higher levels, needed for both research and training, and when you have too much food before reaching that stage, there’s always troop levelling to use it up.

Mines are less essential if you don’t have VIP. If you do, you’ll need to improve the mines a lot more so you can keep up with the builders.

Before worrying too much over farms and mines though, your primary target right now should be to get to Stronghold 13. Then go for Training Camp 13 so you can start training 3* with a chance of 4*.

You’ll need to keep up with your iron, food and recruit storage buildings too. You’ll need to be able to store at least 70 recruits for TC13 training, and 265k food. Iron storages should always be 2 levels below stronghold level at the lowest so you can keep on with quickly upgrading the other buildings as your stronghold improves.

Overall, I suggest poking through the resources listed on the following page, starting with Coppersky’s Compendium. There’s a lot of info for all player levels. Enjoy your time playing and good luck with the training camps.

3 Likes