Continuing worsening boards

Early days yet, but this is entirely consistent with the last tracking exercise I did over 125 raids.

The only deviation from the norm is that I typically get a few bad boards mixed in, so I have been slightly lucky. But overall if the trend is consistently bad boards - it just wouldn’t be possible to get so many consecutive boards mainly all at average or above.

Note I excluded 5 results (1 loss, 4 wins) because I didn’t track the starting boards properly for those

All raids have either been mono or 3/2 (for those you will see stats for both C1 and C2)

Lets talk about Facts.

This game offers different drop ratio’s for different item type’s. Which highlights RNG allows the devs to define special drop ratio variables for every item independently. This means that RNG is designed in a way to easily adjust it according to their needs.

So claiming that RNG is completely free of touch and can’t be interfered is only a claim Fanboys will make.

Again this is a fact…

1 Like

Yes it’s true all my troop hits are Single digits ,I spent a lot of time and money to get up to a 4489 and the game kicks you back down to a 2300 ,Why

Why?
First of all, the RNG of the programming language is obviously used, which it then receives from the operating system.
Anything else would be too slow.
I cannot judge how a tile is then created.
A short routine can encrypt the whole thing.
The results are also checked for consistency.

I know it is common to use pre-built functions in any programming.

Gone are the days when programmers had to deal with processor registers and move individual bytes back and forth.

Hey, how about instead of writing in here, everyone who thinks E&P is doing this purposefully GO RATE THEM IN THE APP STORE. Let’s see how long they stay highly rated?

Lol I’m glad you don’t have the same experience. Too bad a lot of people are coming to the conclusion that the game has become trash and that this is a real thing.

If “everyone” got continued bad boards every war would see tonnes of 3 or 4 shots rather than 1 shots…

No one would have cups above 2600

No one would be scoring the sort of points you see posted in the events.

You make your own luck in this game and recovering from a poor start is a skill same as any. Some have the ability to try and correct the situation, some evidently don’t.

Like many issues in life this is often a case of “problem lies with user”

Ah but its not everyone who faces this problem… I am not sure what I have done to get this preferencial treatment but I surely am grateful! Nothing to do with my roster, team building, knowledge building, skill building…

1 Like

Well, of course being in the secret club helps but I didn’t want to say that

1 Like

This topic is generating a lot of flags.

Please stay clear of personal attacks.

I’m putting this thread in a time out for tempers to cool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 6 hours.

Boards right back to crap. It’s getting ridiculous. Loot too. The boards should not dictate by a given day what attack style you can use! The garbage loot is getting worse too. At this point there is no random. It’s just garbage all around.

Dedicated mononplayer for 2 yrs and I have noticed a marginal drop in good boards as of late !
Coupled with smarter defensive Ai and more emblemed up defenses it exacerbates the minor board quality drop !
But all that just my personal small sample !

When any type of game is started, there is communication with the SGG servers. If you ever play on flaky connections you’ll see this very clearly as the play won’t start until that comm cycle completes. I would assume that at this point the RNG seed is provided by SGG. Trusting that step to the device, when you have an OS on rooted phones, could be exploitable.

Results of what? The game outcome, the seed, each individual move?

One year ago or something like that i gathered statistics of starting boards for mono in raids and wars - over several hunderts. The destribution was almost gaussian with a slight shift to the left. → so it was ok.

If any of you want to proof something to all these typicals forum dev lovers (has every game) → gather statistics. Otherwise they will just troll you like the cnn. :wink:

I know it is a lot of work but it is easy - always do a screenshot and then just process all of them.

But as i say in the beginning - about year ago the destribution of the starting boards was gaussian. I posted it somewhere.

If you have a really bad follow up colors and you video tape this - do a chi calculations to proove its not randomness.

1 Like

Just lost 6 matches in a row… no kills, total of 9 combos. Yes 9. Placement of tiles was ridiculous and I ran with 2-3 teams for each. Total points for war, 60. Never has it been this bad. All I did in each match was power up the enemy. So sick of pvp. Ive decided to OP my targets so I can atleast win.

I do agree that mono boards has changed and AI is better now… M I onlyone who has seen it happen? I think not lol

2 Likes

I have been periodically keeping up with this thread, but there are some things I must point out:

1. Looking at starting boards is useless. There are 35 tiles on a starting board and the average number of tiles I use in a game (taken over a sample of 110 games) is a little over 100. I would suggest that most people are the same.

Please note - this means that there are, on average, over 135 random events in every game. A game is not a single, random event. Every tile is a random event.

1. Confirmation bias is real. However, it works both ways. People who want to see randomness in a game will do so, just as much as people who want to see bias.

2. In the games I recorded, I exclusively used a 4+1 combination (the one being an off-colour healer, generally a purple 4 star). There is absolutely a bias against whichever colour the ‘4’ happens to be. I haven’t finished compiling the stats yet, but there is no doubt to this.

HOWEVER (and this is a very big HOWEVER)

My win rate is well over 90%, even with that bias against me. And almost all of the time, my opponents were more powerful than my attacking team. Most of the time, more than 400 points more powerful. For reference, my attacking teams have a power of 4000 to 4150. I can, even with a biased board, take down a 4600+ team.

Please note that this does not include wars as they are a different kettle of fish.

Think about it. With 4 heroes of the same colour, I need 4 or 5 matches of that colour to either wipe out my opponent, or put them into a position where they can’t win. With this combination, it takes 6 tiles to kill, from 100% health, most opponents (not counting weak and strong colours) and 3 to 5 tiles to take down an opponent weak to my colour. By the time my fast heroes are charged, I usually have one or two dead enemies.

If that bias was not there, it would be extremely rare to lose a raid, and that would be a massive demotivator. Almost all tower defenses would be losses. Without that bias, my win rate would be almost 100%.

Having said that, I am not a fan of the bias. It does ruin player’s perception of the game and create an aura of it being unfair, even though it is simply a balancing mechanism.

Instead, I think there should be other ways the battles are balanced. Better AI is a good start (targeted special attacks, etc). Also, SG could tweak the damage and timing of hits (these have already been manipulated, hence the need for tweaking).

There are better ways to make the game more balanced. SG needs to be a little less lazy about it.

Yes. That’s way enough harsh and a bit imbalance to player, devs should remove 20% buff on opponents.

I know some expert players who have top tier skill and many maxed + emblemed heroes may enjoy that but, for most of the normal players it’s not that joyful.