Contest of Elements Terrible for Newer Players

Please note that we do not see massive complaints from recent players. It is possible that they are not very upset by the condition of this event.
I think that most of them will not mindlessly part with the “old” heroes in the future and will come out more prepared for the next event.

1 Like

You can use every hero twice, so you „only“ need 25 holy heroes.
And at least 5 yellow healers!

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Yes, the next Holy Quest will arrive 10 months after the first one so in 2023 August.

Yes, healers will be a must at least at the later stages.

2 Likes

I dont think we will see massive complaints until the event is live, look at costume chamber, if you followed the beta changes you knew it was coming but if you didnt… well it was certainly a shock i’d bet. Maybe we will see a massive conplaint thread in October? Idk, i want tk try the event as is, looks like a challenge.

2 Likes

It looks like I have 40 maxed. Healers Vivica, Gullinbursti x 2, War of three Kingoms woman healer, Woolerton, Candy. Should be able to do it. Are the early stages doable with 3* heroes?

So I’m in the it’s ok if not everyone especially newer players can complete this. I remember as a new player there was lots of content I couldn’t immediately complete. There needs to be a challenge for existing players too or it just gets boring.

Whereas costume chamber is not where difficulty should be increased, an event like this is fine for difficulty to be a bit higher.

I am going to be using the below heroes (don’t pay attention to actual teams, still to decide how to organise)

Screenshot_2022-09-12-20-10-08-772

I’m looking forward to the event. It’s something different and new as opposed to some of the stale content we see all the time.

12 Likes

This is my question as well…I have 24 holy heroes I will use, that includes my 3* and the 5* I have at 3-70. Suppose I could max a few 4* in the next month relatively quickly to have additional options, but with the increase in battle items I should make it pretty far.

Technically even the weekly rare quests aren’t newbie friendly (isn’t there a minimum player level or something). I think it’s OK to try something like this. If I can’t finish, I can’t finish. But I think I can.

4 Likes

5 holy healers are not problem for me with my 4 maxed Gulinbursties :rofl: (and others of course). However, I wonder how everybody will deal with red elemental quest, where only decent red easily accessible healer is BT.

3 Likes

Most of the content made this year is with the veteran players in mind. :confused:

But I suspect that SG thinks, that newer players are busy building their base and doing the smaller quests etc., so they are looking for ways to make veteran players feel more ‘rewarded’ for being where they are in game, compared to a brand new player. It´s not great. I won´t get far in this event either, because of my limited collection. And I´ve played for two years.

I wish it wasn´t like this. :pray:

6 Likes

Most players did not read the beta beat.
There will be outrage when the event starts.

Happy gaming

5 Likes

I remember my first Tavern of Legends, I came with 8 heroes. Were there any reasons to complain? I do not think, but there was an incentive for development. W3K needs 60 heroes and this is also a kind of incentive for more advanced players. Now we’ve got a new challenge that involves having 25+ heroes of the same color. I see this as the next step in development. Hope we can all get through this.

3 Likes

Well i have 2 boldtusk emblemed, a 3rd not… other than that i have shale, hawkmoon, junaid, and plan to double anzoghs at the final tiers… very cobbled together but 2 anzogh in raids is alot of healing power, if they bosses defense is too high it can become a diaster. I guess after holy quest ill have an idea is anzogh can heal my team or not based on special damage i deal.

1 Like

As a new player you should struggle with events, that is how you progress, if I started 3 months ago and could finish everything, i would have quitted a long time ago.

Should you be entitled to finish it all??

Let’s keep everything to the level of common recruits quest, i am sure people with 4+ years in the game would love that

3 Likes

I bet we will see a red healer in the next SE. :wink:

I built my 25 mono teams last weekend, to have s look where more work has to be done to beat this event.

In red I will use Hawkmoon for the first two stages, Noor ( 10% heal after the buff, and minions) for the next two, then Junaid and two costumed Boldtusks for the last four stages.

Green and blue will be worse. Working on a 2nd costumed Mellendor. After this its Faiez, and I have to use costumed Kashrekh (heals only 3) on one stage.

Same in blue, have two Kirils and a limit broken Helo, working on Frosty now and have to use Sangrior on one stage.
Happy gaming

2 Likes

Don’t worry folks if you don’t have enough holy heros… There will be another portal for you to summon just Holy heros… SG really do want to enable every player to complete this new quest :money_with_wings:

Yes, my post is overloaded with sarcasm and a sprinkling of cynicism as well :wink:.

12 Likes

The shortage of healers compensates for the number of items, scrolls of rebirth and a health potion will be very popular.

Is there still a level restriction on emblem quests? That didn’t stop me playing i just kept playing till i could get to play it …
Not every event is ment to be cleared by every single player …
One beef i do have that back in the day you cleared rare event get 3* mat epic for mats…
Thats kinda out the window now … Kinda a shame but heros are more stronger and have different skills then before (pay wall i know or lucky) …so old events be easier i guess.
I have no idea how many holy heros i have ill do what i can im lvl 75.
Prob have a chance at clearing it well see …

Ill put my holy roster in later … :+1:

4 Likes

I don’t think there is an explicit level restriction. But maybe depth of heroes such as limited healers for certain trials which can make you dependent on healing potions.