Connecting to server issues – Troubleshooting Tips, Staff Response, Player Tips, and advanced APN (Access Point Name) Setup Instructions [MASTER]

Ugh, sorry to hear you didn’t get more help. :disappointed:

And I assume nothing has changed? It hasn’t magically started working again?

@zephyr1 yeah no fix. They just launched an app update and I thought that would of have fixed the issue but nope. Google play told me I could submit a refund request and get all my money back for whatever I spent on the game.

1 Like

Hmm, well that’s kinda of a solution, I guess. :confused:

I presume you would have preferred to keep playing, though, right?

@zephyr1 well yeah lol I don’t want to ask for the refund but if they are going to screw me like that, why not…

2 Likes

I mean, that does seem reasonable to me at least. You’re totally locked out. I’m just disappointed there was no better solution.

@zephyr1 me too. I loved the game but their system procedures are terrible.

1 Like

I am having the same issue with Galaxy s9. Everyone is saying it is an issue with small giant servers too.

@Dsorme but if you tell them that. They will say no, it is your server lol

2 Likes

Hello, reading all your post just gave me less hope to be able to play this game again. I’ve been having problems connecting since I updated to version 20 early this morning. I have tried to restart, uninstall, reinstall, wipe cache on the phone and nothing.

Hi there, I’m having the same issues- what worked??

I’m on a Samsung note 9 and I updated to version 20 this afternoon and now I’m having the problem of not being able to play the game on 4G. All my other games work, LINE, internet etc…, but I can’t connect to the game server. I’ve never had this problem until today.

Good Afternoon zephyr1:

I’m not sure where to ask this question regarding the latest Version 20.0.0 BUILD946. I just updated the game from the Google Play store and I am now unable to access the game. The screenshot link below shows and states the following:

“Connection Failed. Unable to connect to the server. Please check your internet connection and try again.”

My phone is a Samsung S9+ Android and this is the first time when doing an update that I have encountered this.

I have noticed that there were some posting on the Google Play store under Updates to the game where folks have posted the same comments and concerns as I have. Please advise on how to rectify or if Empires & Puzzles is working on a solution.

Thank you kindly in advance for your attention to this.

Respectfully,
Bella

Hi Bella, I was having the same issue with an S7+, what had worked for me was to disable wifi, so the phone switched to 4G connection, and after a little while enable wifi. Hope it helps.

1 Like

@BellaBella Hi there!

I’m not sure what will solve that problem, but I moved your post to a more related thread in hopes someone else having issues might come up with something that helps you.

@Oraculogamer had a good suggestion as one thing to try:

There’s also a Support article with some suggestions, although other people in this thread haven’t had much success with it, unfortunately. :confused:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005092033-Troubleshooting-Connectivity-Issues

Thank you Oraculogamer. Ever since I started playing the game last year, I have always been connected through the 4G connection. I never use wifi either at home or work when playing the game. I have cleared out my cache for the game and restarted my phone, but regretfully, that did not work. Some of my alliance members recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If I did that, do you know if I will lose all that I have achieved so far? Any further advise you can offer would be very much appreciated. - Bella

1 Like

@RUTILIA yeah. Unfortunately they aren’t working on fixing the issue.

@BellaBella as far you are using the Google play account that would still have saved all your progress. I have deleted a bunch of data and clear everything and came back to it via wifi and my account progress was still there.

1 Like

@Oraculogamer you are lucky, I tried that and it didn’t connect.

1 Like

As long as your account is connected to Google Play you should be able to recover all the saved progress.

1 Like

Thank you D3ADP00L. I’m going to try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Keeping my fingers cross that I can resume game play without having to use wifi.

1 Like