Concern about the upcoming Alliance Wars

I myself am not looking forward to alliance wars … if they are pvp stuff.

At 3700+ team strength and 2300+ cups, I can hold my own if I have to. But I do raids only for the chests.

I was once in an alliance that wanted to get into the top 100 and pressured the members to gain cups. I hated it . So did others… it spoiled all enjoyment of the game.

Well … some members formed a new alliance … and 13 of us left the stress and the pressure. We are happy and content now.

Yes, we beat 8* titans in our new alliance. We are not wimps or anything… :wink:

But if that nasty pvp becomes an integral part of the game, I may well take my Euros and leave. Failing in pvp and letting my alliance down is not my idea of fun or enjoyment.

My 2 cents

1 Like

That sounds like a blackmail.

You don’t like pvp? Don’t do it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Very funny. How can somebody not participate in alliance actvities?

So-called guild battles ruined the last online game that I played. The devs had the "wonderful " idea to change the game focus from cooperation to competition. Guild battles were like a job … show up on time and do your work … every flipping day. But without the pay.

Needless to say, most long term players … especially the high levels / money players got sick of that crap and left the game after a while.

The game is now dead.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit:
Maybe those alliance wars will be something entirely different. That would be nice. Who on earth wants pvp stress every day? With the added risk of letting down your alliance?

3 Likes

No one knows what Alliance Wars will be yet. (I’m hoping they will have some sort of opt-out feature, or not be tied to metrics outside of Alliance Wars itself.) :wink:

4 Likes

Even if it’s something strictly alliance-related, you just have to choose an alliance that not care about this stuff like you already do about cups.

Really, complaining about something is yet to happen and no one knows how it’s suppose to be it’s just absurd.
Even more if you don’t know if you are “forced” to play it or you can just skip it.

4 Likes

Seems like an old OP, but like anything in the game, it favors those who have spent lots of money/played longest. I know I can’t beat any top team since they all have 8-10 fully leveled fully ascended 5* heroes. Add to that any new player to the game get average HOTM versus many of the first HOTM being substantially better. It’s a personal gripe, but the last events give the best loot to those who already have the best teams. I get how competitions go, but giving the best to those who are already the best just increases disparity. When the same players win /are in the top 10 for beginner, intermediate and advanced events it’s not necessarily fair.

1 Like

To me it looks like you’re just dramatizing things my dear Xorana, I understand you’re not a competitive player, and just casual, and also you have a hard time raiding because you might not have been interested in learning the game more, I could help you with that one day if you would like.

But with that mind set about this upcoming alliance wars, the Devs wouldn’t have created this game in the first place.

I say have some patience, I don’t think this future feature will force any of us into anything without our will.

PS: I love your community contribution so far and I’m a fan.

3 Likes

I really hope that there will be an opt out Feature if this is pvp stuff. 13 of us left our old aliance to get out of stress and pressure about pvp.

I most certainly hope that the devs know how the formerly very popular game of Castle Age died. And why exactly the high levels / money players left in droves. Because we were sick of that competition crap. - And that game had no opt out feature. Your guild was attacked at time x every flipping day… Show up on time and work … like a job … or let your guild down. But … no pay . Just be on time and work.

And … in Castle Age … pretty soon after guilds were introduced … the high level players all banded together in their own high level guilds. Because we got sick and tired of the whole … normal … guild depending on us. Nobody wants that responsibility.

Oh, thankfully, in that game, there was no luck involved. You played with your stats, your strength.

And to the person suggesting that I leave my alliance … well, I am part of the leadership team … and been there from the start. Why should I leave my home?

I really really hope it will be no pvp stuff. I am so happy that I found this lovely game and such lovely people in my lovely alliance. But before I let them down in battle, I prefer to leave completely.

Oh … not a noob, by the way … 3790 team strength as of today… But personal preference does not depend on team strength but on personality. …

And not a noob alliance either… 39 days old … 90k alliance points… 8* titans … We love to play the game. But we do not enjoy stress.

So please, dear devs … let peaceful, cooperative people live. Do not destroy the game, like it happened with Castle Age.

1 Like

I do not believe this new feature could be live turn-by-turn unless it is one person within an alliance playing against another person in the same alliance. We obviously know when our teammates are often on. It would be a small thing for two of them to be chatting and say “Let’s have a battle.”

There is no way that would work for alliance verses alliance without a lot of planning.

I theorize it will be a similar function to how wars operate in another game I used to play. When war goes live a button possibly seperate to quest page will open and there will be a predetermined amount of players say 8 for example who can queue to war. Once queue is full, search commences using an algorithm to match you against a faction of similar strength.

Once the match is found there may be a war screen with individual player avatars grouped in camps. Then when war commences you attack your opposing alliances teams in turn (dependant on war energy) and either it will be a simple tally of faction with most points wins or maybe, each player has an energy bar which decreases with each successful raid till your avatar dies and the alliance with highest points/last man standing wins.

This was a popular event in the other game. It does increase competitiveness amongst alliances. Bigger issue is how war energy will be determined, cost of refills, drop rates for flasks etc. As war in the other game I played was quite an expensive exercise as a top tier faction/alliance member.

I think it could be better for SG to tell us (everyone, not just to some players) a bit about what they’re planning before they finish the coding for the alliance wars. Because then it might be too late to change things, and the surprise might not be so well received by everyone.

2 Likes

I dunno. I’ve seen SG radically alter a hero or a proposed game change when the Beta team recommends a big shift.

Alliance Wars isn’t in Beta yet. I hope the player population will recognize that SG does listen to proposed changes for the benefit of all players.

5 Likes

This certainly sounds very nice!

Don’t over think it, SM will most likely make something to make players want to play it rather than have to. We’ll just have to wait and see.

3 Likes