Concept for the background image of the S3?

In which ways background image was provided for S3 heroes because I see 2 heroes from different realm has same Background image

Generic Nordic mountain scene guess. They probably didn’t feel it would be an issue, and personally I don’t mind if they spend less time on that sort of thing

3 Likes

There are actually 3 generic backgrounds used in the Season 3 hero cards.

Asgard, Midgard and Alfheim share the “snow capped mountain” background

Vanaheim, Helheim, Muspelheim and Svatalfheim share the “creepy abandoned village” background

Niflheim and Jotenheim share the “icy fortress” backgeound

1 Like

I thought each realm has each unique background :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think that there might be a slight mistake when it comes to a couple of hero card pictures among the season 3 heroes.
Namely, I think that Tyr and Stonecleave should have the same background picture as Shadereave. Obviously all season 3 heroes are devided in 9 realms. What appears to me is that they are further devided into 3 sub-realms according to their background pictures. If that is the case than Helheim realm (Tyr, Stonecleave and Shadereave and probably fourth one to come) should belong to the same sub-family as Jotunheim and Niflheim.
Any thoughts on this?

3 Likes

Good observation. You will also notice that Almur (green), Sudri (red) and Stonecleave (purple) have the same background even if they are of different element and realm. There may still be others there with messed up background I am just lazy to check each one of them (good for me without OCD) :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thank you very much.
According to my theory that is because Almur and Sudri belong to the same “sub-realm”, so having the same background is ok in that case, which doesn’t apply to Stonecelave who is there by mistake.
I’ll post pictures to make easier to understand what I mean.

1 Like

Subrealms according to my theory:

Sub-realm 1

Sub-realm 2

Sub-realm 3:

it is either that Tyr and Stonecleave have wrong backgrounds or Shadereave. I would assume that it’s more likely to be the first two.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice work :+1:. Based on my Thought I thick sub group depend on the realm bonus as shown below.

1 Like

I’m personally hoping they update the backgrounds for each realm after they do finalize the backgrounds. For example, obviously Alfrike will now have the purple sky forest backdrop for her card. Another part of me feels like the heroes under the Muspelfelheim realm aren’t going to keep the ghost town backdrop unless they decide to reuse that for the “volcanic” scenery that will be part of the scenes and not just reuse the Season 1 Volcano backgrounds and Mount Umber background with maybe one or two new backgrounds.

@TheBeastxGreat

Very interesting observation, but according to my background image theory (BIT - lol) subrealms (subgroups) seem slightly different.

Alfheim, Asgard, Midgard stay the same,

but Nilfheim and Jotunheim should be in the same one as Helheim

and finally Muspelheim, Svartalfheim and Vanaheim

Now because of all these names I’m afraid I’m having heimache…I mean headache…

1 Like

I have to correct myself about the terminology I used.
Calling it subrealm is wrong, it is the actually opposite from “sub”. It is a higher category than realm and therefore it should be called over-realm or (sub)group.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe we should just call it randomly given background.

:wink:

1 Like

hehe
I don’t think it’s random

2 Likes

Cookie Settings