Completing tier after event ends should still award tier rewards

…or at least there should be a message/notification in the future.

2 Flasks, Bomb Attacks, Revive Scrolls, Mana Posts…all to finish the last level ~ 5 minutes after completion to see “0 points” and no rewards. It’s extremely frustrating, and I can only imagine what it feels like for users who may use continues to try and complete it. I feel cheated, and disappointed, but that is life.

Please clarify that tier completion needs to be done within time, or allow a reasonable grace period after starting the last level to finish it, which match what happens in other quests. ~15-30 minutes.

3 Likes

When I entered the last Legendary game of the Wonderland Event I knew I had a very limited time left but since the game allowed me to continue, even pay to re-up my team, I knew I’d get a Sturdy Shield! After my win the top of the Legendary column said Processing. So I waited. Finally I got a free Daily Summon Token and a Thank You. How anticlimactic!
When fighting a Titan, once the time is up, win or lose, that’s it. Titan is gone! I can respect that. I’m not wasting forged items. I’d appreciate that in any honesty in any event.
The other side of the coin is to allow the game that’s started in the allotted time be allowed to play out then give the rewards for that achievement.

2 Likes

Yea it’s been mentioned before but never fixed. Had a back n forth about with devs myself. They see no issue with it.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to be rude, but from the moment the event starts, the timer shows exactly how long you have until it’s over… It’s a bummer that you missed out on some loot, and I can sympathize, but perhaps it’s best to not wait until the very end of the event?

5 Likes

Sometimes its hard to fit time in: There are plenty of reasons why you may cut it close. Your reasoning is sound, which is why it leads me to believe the devs have no reason why they should change things: But the other replies in this thread should make you wonder? Why can I start stage 10 with 1 minute left? Why 1 minute into the fight, does it not stop? Why does it let you continue, and allow you to waste resources? The timer doesn’t show when you’re in a match: So you don’t even know the event is over at that point. It can be a bit misleading.

2 Likes

Yeah… the more I think about it, I am inclined to agree that it would be good to still give the rewards if you’re in a battle when time runs out. Like you said, though, I kind of doubt that will change.

Maybe the devs will see this thread and agree, who knows? Even if they don’t, at least you’ve brought some attention to it, and it can be a word of caution for others in the future!

2 Likes

Not true. The timer for how long your fight has been going on is running and visible towards the upper right corner of your screen. There’s no excuse to say you didn’t know the time had passed if you knew there was one minute left - the fight timer would show when one minute had passed.

Some people may be able to finish a level within the time remaining, some may not. But there needs to be a hard cutoff in order for the timing of the event to be fair for everyone who is competing for prizes and rankings. Because otherwise you have people trying to squeeze in at the last second to try to unseat those who have spent the materials and time to get a high ranking.

And no, I’m not one of the top rank players who got big mats from the event.

2 Likes

I was struggling to finish rare with my pretty weak 3*s but with 3 min left I dropped 175 gems and after defeating it the quest screen said processing. After the wait I too only got gray token. If rules r rules that’s fine however not a month ago in war a team member started his battle with 3 or 4 min left, was not finished when war over processing occurred and it gave him the win winning the war by 15-20 pts.
I would think the same ‘rules’ would apply for both under very similar circumstances

3 Likes

In wars, as long as you start a battle before the clock is up, you can finish and the war remains unresolved until you do.

In events, you have to finish a stage before the clock is up.

These treatments are inconsistent. Perhaps because event matches don’t time out, so potentially the results for everyone could be delayed by an arbitrarily long time by one person poking along in a battle of healers?

6 Likes

My opinion only, they are two different types of events and different timers, so I don’t really see it as an inconsistency, just a difference in how the events run (war vs. challenge event).

And as I pointed out above, the fight timer in the challenge battle shows clearly on the screen. If you know there is only one minute left in the event and you don’t at least glance at the battle timer to see that more than one minute has passed and spend gems, then I see that as a poor choice on the player’s part.

What I do see as a weakness on SG’s part is not making it clear that when the Challenge Event timer runs out, then all battles are automatically ended at whatever point they have reached and no rewards will be given if it was not completed before the event timer ran out. Or maybe they did in the challenge event description and many of us have either A) not read it or B) not understood it properly. Perhaps I’ll go back and see (but maybe not, because I completed the event tiers I wanted in the first two days, and without using any WE flasks :slight_smile:).

2 Likes

If you start the event stage before the time is up, you should be able to complete the stage. I have never had that problem, but it seems like bs. Also, if you join a rare quest 1 min b4 it ends, and it takes you 5 mins to complete, you still get the loot.

3 Likes

We have timeouts on raid matches to prevent this. After a set amount of time, damage is ramped up, and eventually results in a loss if not completed in time. Why not implement something similar for this?

1 Like

But, it would be nice if the event then just kicked you out of the level and didn’t let you continue, potentially using gems and expensive battle items for no rewards.
Very early on i decided to go for it after i woke up to finish the last level. There was 4 minutes left. I spent 175 gems to finish the level and didn’t get the tier rewards. I was pretty bummed.

Expensive lesson.

2 Likes

New players are not aware that if they don’t finish the level before the time ends that they won’t get completion rewards. Usually if you START a level before it ends, you get the rewards for completing it, because the completion is not dependent on event ending in most games. No where is it explained.

3 Likes

As I said, if it’s not clearly stated in the rules, then it’s a weakness from SG side. It should be clarified and clearly stated so the true intent of the timer is known.

That being said, it’s simple for everyone to criticize and complain, but until you’ve had to write rules or specifications, it’s difficult to understand how complex it really is to try to cover all situations. I’ve learned not to assume based on how I want it to work (because what seems logical sometimes isn’t), and I keep my patience close at hand. It keeps me balanced and with good perspective.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not freaking out. It was an expensive lesson for me to learn 6 months ago.
I just think it should be stated somewhere in the rules. Or things changed so that when the event ends, it also kicks you out of the level so you don’t mistakenly spend gems to finish something you won’t get any actual rewards for. Making it not worth the money spent.

1 Like

I was finishing Grim forest after spending 75 gems and did not get any reward. The event time ended about 5 minutes prior to me winning. The screen went to the participation token without giving me the completion loot.

1 Like

I’d get screen shots and try a support ticket. Best of luck, I unfortunarely have found their “support” just like any of the summons. 1.3% chance that they’ll do anything.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I think this is the cause.

It looks like others have had this issue too.

1 Like

Kerridoc mentioned it earlier - some people have taken a very long time to complete the final stage of monthly challenge events and emblem quests when there is a healer involved on the boss side and they are underpowered. There was one thread a bit ago about how someone took 3 hours to complete that. You can’t hold up 100,000s of people finishing an event because a few stragglers went past the time, potentially for a very long time.

2 Likes