Compensation issue for server down (February 17/18 Outage)

Really glad I didn’t leave any quests for today, did it all yesterday

2 Likes

Yes, I agree we learn to be patient in the game but there should not be reason to be patient to connect with the game to play!
I never complained before and was not asking for compensation and still I will not ask for compensation but they should be able to let the players play the game!
2 times server issues in 2 weeks is too much!
They should invest in good servers and backup servers or stop allowing new players into a game that does not work!

1 Like

Its back up so we can all play instead of crying :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Up again in France… Titan defeated :slight_smile:

Ill settle for 429 emblems…or 423 …either number is good for me

Now your talking everybody should get that on hero they have been hoping for!!

As a matter of fact, I do :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Come on. Stuff happens. Have you never pulled up to gas station and the pumps are down. McDonald’s left cheese off your burger. If this is the worst thing in your life then you have it pretty easy. Wait and see if they do anything for it then complain if they dont. Until then have a conversation with mom, dad, kids, brother, sister, neighbor. Hope you have a good day. Sincerely.

9 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I’m short on decent fire and nature heroes. Just saying.

1 Like

I understand the frustration, but believe me, this isn’t so bad. I’m old school EverQuest player. Now THAT’S bad when a server went down! There you can lose major experience to the point of actually losing your new spells that you may have just gotten. And corpse retrieval! Heaven forbid if your guild (alliance here) was in Planes or killing a dragon for someone’s epic quest! Automatic death! Guilds there could be quite large - over 100 players. It could take literally hours for corpse retrieval! Thankfully they added NPCs that could summon your corpse for a hefty price. But at a much later expansion.

Here, we lose WE and time. Yes it sucks if you have 10 minutes on finishing that Titan or Event Challenge, but we don’t lose our hero’s or lose experience.

1 Like

They’re not obligated on doing anything as you can see in the terms of condition. (And you better not read it all, or you understand how little rights you have overall in the game).
That said they do something last time and it was appreciated.

OP just saying that people kicking out and people can’t log in has pretty much equal rights and deserve a compensation both, which i think is not something wrong.
But the last time only people kicking out received that.

Now i know people that can’t login to finish a titan, and so escape. They were not online and if we follow the previous logic, they don’t deserve anything in return.

I’m with the OP in that.
Give something to all or not giving anything to anyone.

Fair.

3 Likes

I think they’ll go with option 2.

Official Staff Statements

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018197913--KNOWN-ISSUE-Unable-to-connect-to-the-game-Feb-18-starting-at-00-00-GMT-0-

1 Like

I couldn’t get in, started a monster chest late, but didn’t lose anything. So I really struggle to see why anyone is owed anything unless they lost something tangible as a result. And please, don’t say you lost ‘game time’ as there’s a real world out there to play in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have insomnia, and it was late night. So usually spend that few hours playing. So just not judge anyone without knowing situation, right?

Not judging, I was sitting there working late night wishing I could have been doing anything but. I just don’t feel like I deserve something for it. You can certainly feel differently.

3 Likes

Well. It’s not quite right word “deserve”. They by terms and conditions as posted above not owe anything. But in terms of respect (in my opinion) they can give proper feedback and some compensation (just WE flask even, I personally never ask anything ridiculously high as compensation). And I will appreciate if they do. If not then I will just do my conclusions because I also not owe anything to them.

Staff told the moderators recently that “We’ll be looking into compensating affected players.” So let’s see what theymdo.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw. Just waiting what will be. Because there are no explanation who to name as affected. May be as previous time just anyone who was kicked from a game, but not who can’t connect in that time. And I agree that those who was kicked even more frustrated than me probably.