Compensation for SGG Major Errors

I am not one to complain, and in fact I’ve come on to this forum to encourage people to cool it a little and help the developers create a better game. Offer suggestions, not negativity.

Having said that, this is one of the few games I’ve played that haven’t compensated players for major errors on the part of the developers. An error like the war bug we’re experiencing has such a widespread, negative impact that I believe there needs to be some kind of reasonable compensation for this. And I’m not talking some leaves and arrows (which just make people mad)…I’m talking like 300 gems, or a choice of a non-farmable ascension mat. Let your players know that you’re empathizing with our experience.

33 Likes

Completely agree. We had a war room set up with our opponents to chat and have fun during war, and the fact that war has basically been ruined has also ruined the chat. For a feature that SG loves to push on us, they really have not done a good job managing it and the fact that there is basically no response (except a half ■■■ apology from someone I have never heard of before) is really poor customer service imho. When a business screws up, they should go above and beyond to rectify the situation and make their customers feel like their concerns are being taken seriously. Even if they came on now, sincerely apologized, said the next war was cancelled so they could take the time to truly work on a fix to the issue and award all players winning war loot for this war, that would satisfy me, just some kind of gesture to show they truly have their customers best interest at heart.

11 Likes

Yeah, I know they’re super busy trying to figure out what’s going on and why, but they do need to designate someone to do a little PR.

11 Likes

I was really surprised that SG doesn’t give any “we’re sorry” loot when the game is not working properly. Even stupid Angry Birds gives everyone some minor loot, mostly for connection problems or when they change something and there are some bugs.

7 Likes

I moved here from angry birds, what they gave for the connection issues was not minor loot, most of the times it was 10x tickets, Rovio sucks most of the time but they do compensations the rightway

@Petri @Sara

This request is highly reasonable and deserves the Dev’s serious consideration.

Do the right thing and extend some sort of loot/mats to properly acknowledge the obvious inconvenience (unintended as it was) of your loyal user base.

7 Likes

Do they usually respond on the weekends? One of the devs said in another thread that the reason they started the war prep phase early this time was because they wanted to “be in the office” in case there were issues. That makes me think nobody is really there right now to address these problems.

EDIT: Ok, I just saw the posts in the bug thread from Sara (staff member) so I guess someone is around. Maybe not the A-team, though, which could be why a fix hasn’t been found yet.

2 Likes

Has SG done anything in the past to suggest that this is even a possibility? I don’t believe so.

1 Like

Haha, hence the reason for the topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cue 5 gems a piece and a practice sword.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t expect anything anymore.
So far i didn’t see a rare titan either, but complaining is rather useless.

They are poor on this and they keep staying poor.

3 Likes

I don’t badger the devs about it. I look at it this way: as long as i am having fun, I’ll play the game and support it. But as soon as it start to die off , ill just go find another game. Every game like this has a shelf life. Dont expect devs to be too involved in it when it comes close to expiring. Sometimes they just need to cut their losses and develop other games. There are always be a handfull of hardcore players who cant come to terms with that. And you see them linger on forums and complain. You see this happening in almost every game out there. I dont know how much E&P got left, but i can tell you that most games shelf life been getting shorter and shorter. People always look for the next big thing. Just remember for all of us its just a game, for devs- its how they make their living.

1 Like

I agree, but if the gamblers spend a strike and let them buy gems ?? Maybe that made SG think … no? sometimes it is necessary to touch the right place, in this case in the pocket …:piscadela:

Also agree. In the past we get gifts for even smaller Problems. Now: nothing. :weary:
Last update really caused a lot of Chaos and giving a gift would be a nice apology.

Thank you SG for the Epic Hero Token and the Titan flask!
Really nice compensation for the mess we got with the last update :grin:

2 Likes

I am pretty sure no SG Staff would reply now lol.

SG does not play around with their profits, just with our money. They put Ebnezer Scrooge to shame

2 Likes

Hey SGG, thanks for listening! I just found an apology gift in my inbox :slight_smile:

It’s a real gift too!

7 Likes

Credit where it is due.

Thank you @petri and @Sara. The devs apology and comp. is appreciated.

6 Likes

Yes indeed this is a very very nice comepsation indeed!
Thank you staff for this gesture.

Better later than never. The gift is quite valueable. Thanks.

1 Like