Compasses is the root of all evil

Hello,

I’ve been playing this game every day for a couple of months now. I’ve spent a couple of bucks on summons and other stuff (much more then I wanted at first…). Now I’ve managed to get an okayish team of four stars (I believe 5 stars to be some kind of myth…) and I’m getting good with titans, getting my A grades most times. I do every quest and I fill missions to get all my chests. My biggest problem is compasses. I don’t mind looking for other rare stuff, but all heroes need a compass and they are just too rare. Some people seem to get them in quests and have them by the handfuls, but some other people like me, play a lot and need like 15 compasses to upgrade heroes and it just getting frustrating! When you get an A grade on a Titan, you should get at least something valuable, most time it is just a bunch of stuff you can make yourself. Also, I get more good stuff from adds and bad grades and even losing against a Titan or in a war than by winning. What is the fun in a game when everything is just random or for very rich people that spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars? Hope this gets to the right people and you can manage to change the odds in favour of people working hard. The game is well made and fun, just reward the devoted players better.

On the ocean of life let your mind be the ship and your heart be the compass.

• James David Manning

Also, TTTRRRAAADDDEEESSS!!! (Heroes, troops, items!!!)

Good day to all!

Progress is really slow for me getting necessary ascension items to get 4 :star: heroes to the max teir. I’ve accepted progress is gonna be real slow in that department, but atleast it encourages me to find new methods of making my current heroes work together instead of dishing out big dollars on trying to get more Epic Heroes I wont be able to ascend from the summon gate and stick to the training camp

I’ve spent a couple of bucks on summons and other stuff (much more then I wanted at first…). Now I’ve managed to get an okayish team of four stars (I believe 5 stars to be some kind of myth…)

To my understanding odds of summoning a Legendary is still really low from the summon gate, and trying to summon them from the Epic Hero Summon Gate is actually a trap. General consensus I’ve read on this forum seems to be that; the combined odds of getting a epic or rare hero from a level 20 training camp is around 95% and the odds of getting a legendary hero is around 5%. Getting a legendary hero from the epic hero summon is a couple percentage points lower. However, the odds of getting a 5 star from the Event Summons & Elemental Summons is increased a couple percentage points so its worth trrying to pull them from there — sorry if you already know this bit

Edit 8/20: Well of course after I accept that it will take forever to get my first five star and went to the elemental summon hoping to get that Wu Kong everyone loves but with a “you get what you get and you don’t get upset” mindset, Vivica plops out. Okay, from now on Im gonna assume they’ll only pop out when truly least expect it

Compass and Dama. Blade available in the rare quest Farholme right now! Get your compass while you can!

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes I will get it!

Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep this in mind.

1 Like

What for you is compasses are for me the fine gloves. :smile:

Patience, doing all rare quests and events and LUCK will finally bring to us what we are coveting the most……
Hopefully

1 Like

You will probabely never see trades player to player because it would be counter productive for SG’s income and probabely be bad for game balance.

1 Like

Yes! I’m sitting on 10 compasses, while Boril, Chao and skittle skull (all back of the queue) are resorting to wooly mittens, marigolds and pot holders to keep their hands warm

I totally agree about the ability to find AM. I really enjoy playing the game and l am stuck now waiting for compasses. I feel the same way about titan wins. If you are the top hitters you get loot items that you could farm, but if you are in the lower tier you get better loot.
I think this game has some kind of algorithm in which the weaker team members get the better items to help the newbie.
Again the game is slow and steady wins the race, and it could be frustrating.
Keep calm and carry on😀

1 Like

I was actually just looking for somewhere to comment as I’ve seen a stark rise in Ascension materials recently, I’ve had about 5 compasses in the last 2 weeks, gloves, tabard, and so on have been alot more forth coming in recent weeks. For me anyway.

I hope so. I will keep playing as l enjoy the game and not having AM does not bother my as much. I am looking forward to season 2, which gave me the incentive to finish the map. I also look forward to the special events that they have here and there which also makes the game interesting.

For me it’s the same story with fine gloves. I have 11 frickin compasses and no gloves in sight.

1 Like

I have 11 frickin compasses and no gloves in sight.

If I had one less pair of fine gloves and one more compass I would have a matching amount, so I would gladly trade you, — you know, IF I COULD *stares at SG expectantly *

Decorum, you’re clearly an anomaly. (but gratz on your Viv!)

6 compasses and 1 pair of gloves here.
How to even decide who gets them??? I have my idea of priority within each element, but this will do my head in.

Now I have a new theory, they are watching the forum and when they feel you will quit, they put what you need in a chest. Mouhahaha. Ok, JK.

Another thing that would make this game much more fun, is real randomness. I explain in 3 steps. Map quests are super boring, when you are an advanced player, for farming (And by the way, it should be called questing, meaning looking for treasures, not boring stuff).
First of all, it doesn’t make sense that my heroes are going back thousands of times in stage 8-7. Did someone lost something there?
Secondly, Why is there no option say, I have 30 WorldEnergy left to say do it 10 times in a row? WHY?!? I’m not playing anymore, I let the autoplay do the work…
Thirdly and most importantly, you should always have a chance ANYWHERE to get anything. Ex : After doing stage 8-7 3262 times, I finally get a warm cape or some mystics rings that were lost in the ice. (Or just a surprise hard boss that rewards you with those… or an element chest) Just some ideas.

What do you think?

If you think you have problems with 8-7, read this open letter from Isgilham…

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/an-open-letter-from-isgilham-poem-art/28909

RNG Gawds has decided that it likes to hand me compasses that points me in the direction that leads to what I desire the most, but don’t hand me enough warm fine gloves (4:1 radio currently) because most of these places like to give me the cold shoulder. har har

29 compasses, 29 pairs of fine gloves so far, so pretty even.

1 Like