Comparing Rigard to Aeron

Hold on, it’s not that he’s a bad hero to have… hardly. He’s good. He’s just got outshined thats all. I’d max him if I got him. I have Obakan on my bench drooling over my tabards but I will not let him near them.

1 Like

It all depends on what heroes you have.

Ursena / Kunchen / Seshat – with those Aeron is definitely on the back burner.

Quintus / Obakan / Mok-Arr – probably Aeron is a tad more useful.

3 Likes

I still just wouldn’t give him tabards. Just get costume Rigard instead. He’s better.

2 Likes

agreed, just because sg gives you a hero, it doesn’t mean you have to feed it ascension materials.

Costume Rig is better than Aeron and probably costume Sabine (whenever that happens) will also be better than Aeron. Obviously Kunchen is better than Aeron.

Come on guys, let’s just admit Aeron has gone obsolete like many of the earlier heroes.

1 Like

I ascended Aeron over Sartana and Domitia, because I already had Seshat maxed. He fits in well with my team alongside Proteus, Sabina and Tiburtus. Sometimes, when I’m running 3/2, I’ll bring Aeron along instead of Sabina against the likes of Azlar.

He’s saved my team a few times.

For non-spenders, he’s worth considering.

Still, I wonder if I would have ascended him over Sartana, if I had already had Rigard. I only got Rigard last month, while Aeron was ascended 6 months ago, or so.

The one situation I would definitely still use Aeron over normal Rigard? Titans, for the +5% attack element link and Aeron’s higher attack. I don’t yet have the Rigard costume.

But Rigard (c) gives +30% attack.

But I don’t yet have the Rigard costume. I was comparing only to normal Rigard. Amended my post to specify.

yeah, i guess my point was more that at this point, costumed rigard is pretty much always superior to Aeron. Aeron was my 3rd 5 star hero, my first non s1 5 star, my first, and to date, only maxed 5 star hero. He’s been with me for a year now.

I only maxed my crigard a week or two ago, since I only finally received a rigard the past couple of months; but even without emblems, I’m already depending on him more than my Aeron.

In fact, aeron isn’t really useful for me anymore (again, despite being my only maxed 5 star!) other than for a 3rd or 4th alliance war team or a 2nd purple stack.

yeah, I’ve been debating as well. If I get a mana troop high enough, will I use normal Rigard over Aeron? Cleansing all versus only 3 makes a big difference. I usually do use two healers though, so can see myself still doing various combinations of Sabina / Rigard / Aeron until I get Rigard’s costume…

I’m sorry to say that, because I have him and I really wanted to ascend him, but Aeron is not convenient if someone has a well emblemed Rigard. If there is also the costume, no discussion at all

2 Likes

Have 4 Rigards with maxed costume. 2 at +18, 3rd at +6 and will go to +18. When i strip Hansel will make all 4 Rigards at +18.

So i love Rigard, especially can throw him at lvl5 mana in a team.

However on top had maxed and have Aeron at +7.
He is quite useful i would say especially when attacking teams with multiple DoTs, even more so than Rigard. Example - Drake, GM, Vela, in a team is monstrous DoT and effects that with one Rigard ( even if you charge at 9 tiles ) is just not enough as immediately after you cleanse a new DoT or blind is coming. The protection after the cleanse is huge, if was for all would have been amazing, even slightly OP for a healer.

4 Likes

+48% attack, he is the ultimate 4* healer.

1 Like

It is actually 48% attack

Id suggest stopping worship C.Rigard or someone could nerf him and id be very sad :frowning_face: .

My Aeron will sit in the bench for a long time. However i started to level my second c.Rigard.

1 Like

You can get 3 costumed rigards to lvl 18 talent level for the cost of 1 aeron at lvl 17 talent level.

Those 3 rigards would be quite valuable for war hits.

1 Like

Good point. Can someone please lock this topic, or make it disappear. I don’t want my Rigard to be nerfed.

1 Like

LoL, why should they nerf cRigs?
He’s not that op to deserve a nerf.
They should buff Aeron instead.

I maxed Aeron, since he was my first purple legend and I don’t regret it. He’s a healing monk for that trial now and will see light against holy war tanks, if my 2 cRigs are grayed out. He helped me through S2 all the way, too.

2 Likes

I believe that the cost vs value to max Aeron is too high to ever consider nowadays.

I do agree in that Aeron needs a Buff (aliment protection and dispell for all)
For example my 5* purples are Aeron and Grimble.
Id rather spend tabards on grimble than in a expensive and worst (in some aspects) c.rigard version. Aeron is an ok healer but hes under the shadow of a better and cheaper option .

3 Likes

AS2019 // I strongly agree with your comments where Aeron being useful against teams with multiple DoTs and effects.

My team consists of those monsters with AoE’s and bunch of effects. (Neith, Telluria and J.F in the front 3)

I once faced a team having Aeron at the center. Any effect from my guys (Mana reduction+Blindness from Neith, Mana speed down from Telluria, Burning from J.F) NEVER WORKED from the moment Aeron’s effect initiated. Trying to revenge again and again, however, the opponent won every time. Maybe I would’ve won only if the tiles went crazy.

Sorry, I am Korean and English is not my first language but I had to explain what had happened that day. I was that depressed because there was nothing I could do. All day long. :sob:

1 Like

I believe Neith mana drain does work against Aeron, doesn’t it?

1 Like