Community letter to make a better Empires & Puzzles

I was going to vote for this, but the punishment system threw me off

They can figure out some kind of index (like a relationship between your account age and the alliances youā€™ve been in), the point is to disencourage alliance hoping, or at least alert allliance leaders that they might be dealing with an unstable person.

In my 2 years playing I have belonged to 3 families (more alliances because of some name changes and merges), so I think 3 months would be a decent average to accept a member.

An alternative is to just have the option to let the new players enter the alliance chat before accepting their join request, so leaders can talk with them and see what they are looking for.

Why not have punishment? Itā€™s a team sport. If I play on a team and someone decides they want to forfeit mid game for whatever reason, the whole team losesā€¦ there should be some repercussion for that. You had a bad day, conversation or board and decide to quit? Suck it up for a few extra hours and use your flags and then quit.

Seems like a personal choiceā€¦

This is exactly why I wouldnā€™t vote for anything of the sort

Lots of alliances require Line/WhatsApp/Discord/whatever, where you can easily vet/interrogate perspective alliance members prior to them joining if you so choose.

Just my opinions of course.

2 Likes

Cross posting seeing as the original post got duplicated here:

6 Likes

Totally understand where youā€™re going with this, and mostly agree with the idea.

The thing isā€¦ I have multiple accounts. Iā€™ve joined alliances, created alliances, deleted alliances, been promoted within alliances, been part of alliances that had ā€œsisterā€ alliances, jumped back and forth between alliances to help kill titans, etc. Iā€™ve never been outright disloyal to any of my teams, but I have moved around a bit - mostly with the full consent of the rest of my alliance. Iā€™m not a bad teammate, Iā€™m the complete opposite. But if I get a question mark on my record every time I move from a main alliance to a training alliance or vice versa, it makes me look bad.

5 Likes

Pretty sure if someone is harassing me mid war in my alliance I wouldnā€™t stick around for the end of the war to leaveā€¦ But with that system youā€™ve just punished someone in that scenario twice, just a scenario off the top of my head as to why I wouldnā€™t want this type of thing in this app game, which is definitely not exclusively a team sport. Many people play this in many different ways.

Again just my opinion, if they added it Iā€™d probably still play, just wonā€™t vote for it

1 Like

1000% in agreement with this. Things tend to get heated in alliances, especially during war time. When fellow ā€œteam matesā€ start harassing each other in the midst of a war where theyā€™re supposed to be fighting on the same team? No surprise at all that there are going to be deserters. And rightfully so. ā€œTeam sportā€ means team. That means you have each otherā€™s backs. When the team starts stabbing each other in the backsā€¦ especially mid-warā€¦ thatā€™s no longer a team. And ā€œthe teamā€ deserves to lose.

2 Likes

I donā€™t personally see how lumping all these into one thread will help any of them. Many of them have existing individual threads with votes already (some even from me!), and I canā€™t vote here because I donā€™t agree with all of them.

3 Likes

You can state which portions you agree with, and dialogue about those with which you disagree. :slight_smile:

Seeing as how thereā€™s not a whole lot going on in the forum at this time, I donā€™t see why we canā€™t allow each individual suggestion to be discussed separately. Assuming our fine moderators donā€™t go and merge each of them with similar topics from 5 years ago? :grin:

43bvwc

1 Like

So if punishment was introduced who would arbitrate. Or is it as simple as you break a rule irrespective of any reasoning and you get punishedā€¦?

1 Like

And to further add on to other points I made on the subjectā€¦

Yes, because thatā€™s exactly what a disgruntled player wants to do when theyā€™re mad enough at their alliance that theyā€™re ready to leave. They want to suck it up and stick around to help the people who pissed them off win their war.

Ehhh usually not so much.

• kudos for organizing something like this to voice an opinionā€¦ it shows people love and care about the game and community.

• the last AMA happened a year ago, but it seems like it happened because a motivated moderator made it happen. I hope SGG would commit to communicate with the community at the very very very least once a year. Cā€™mon ā€¦ once a year. And without the need for nonemployees pushing for it.

Sure changes take time, and maybe some ideas arenā€™t feasible for reasons we donā€™t knowā€¦ but taking one step to communicate with the community can make a huge impact in managing expectations and increasing user loyalty and long term engagement (and profits).

The AMA can be scheduled once a yearā€¦ and it can be easy. Maybe the moderators and Timo do a Zoom call and record the video.

P.S. this is off-topic but still relevantā€¦ SGG you need a better social media community and content strategy. Invest into increasing loyalty and advocacy and the ROI will be more than worth it.

(Normally my agency would charge a lot of money for this, but I would be happy to provide for free. LOL. If I can chip in to improve quality of life for all players in the community I would be down to. :wink:)

5 Likes

This is a lucid, well thought out effort that will be completely ignored by anyone involved in SG. They simply do not care about anything but their bottom line. It will be a miracle if you even get a response, let alone any sort of corrective action youā€™re requesting. A valiant effort but unfortunately a wasted one.

2 Likes

I like the opt in for war. How about if someone hasnā€™t used a flag during the war they automatically need to opt in again. Real life can interfere with playing & opting out can be the last thing on someoneā€™s mind in emergencies. Hard core groups will kick you but some of the more casual groups donā€™t want to kick a normal active player but the do want them out of wars.

Hi! You can also vote and show support for this :slight_smile: we had more and more alliances joining but at same point we had to move on here in the forum.

1 Like

No. People have raids, tournaments and wars for practising.

No. Invite only as a solution. Also itā€™s a risk always when someone enters in an ally.
I agree when a player leave and doesnā€™t use all flags itā€™s disappointing but you never can sure or not a new player will be a good player.

Well, cheaper prices is a good news for everyone. But I prefer ally offers more usual.

Very complicated point.
SG sells gems, you buy them and turn them into a hero.
This hero is still a SGā€™s object to make us to buy more gems. They control the market filling our roster with these heroes.
So I think the solution is not remove these heroes from all summon gates.
The academy have to be the solution.

As I said before academy is the solution.

OK.

OK, but a little no more.

I would like a 8th point for new features into the game.
Same titans, same adventures day after day, week after weekā€¦ Boring.

#savethetitans

Already gone to another game. I wonā€™t come back until they turn to face the players.

DiscĆ³rdia sĆ³ hĆ” quanto chegam pessoas cheias de si!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: