[Community Content, Essay] Is it really quitting if you keep coming back? or Stalker Ghosting Empires

@Gryphonknight

Your posts are always top draw - efficient, knowledgeable, well researched and referenced

And more importantly fun, friendly and informative.

We will miss you greatly; contributors, and people, of your quality are hard to find.

I hope Gryphonkit is also enjoying her new horizons.

13 Likes

More likes…or, not likes. More hugs :sob:

8 Likes

@JonahTheBard hugs back! You found a way to balance & come back. I hope the balance part is still working for you - when I eye the exit door some days, it makes a difference that there are more choices than “go” or “stay.” You are the picture in my head of what that looks like and I continue to be grateful!!! :bouquet: :hugs:

6 Likes

Omg, the timing…and how well written. I’m not sure which (and who cares anyway) was ‘better’ but I would like to thank you both, @Gryphonknight and @Joyful818, for saying what I could have never, ever, said nearly as well although that is exactly what I’m feeling. I just left my alliance of 570 some days an hour ago and came here to…idk, say Something because it really does matter. It’s amazing how affected we can be by a game that I’m sure None of us thought was going to have such an impact on our lives. I’ve made true friends within my alliance and even though I am not a prominent figure here on the forum, I still feel a connection to so many people that frequent this platform. It’s not an easy thing to leave, if you ever really cared. I think of Jedon, 1st and foremost, but really all the frequent posters/mods etc…I’m not going to start listing folks but I am grateful to have ‘met’ you all. Thanks to all for advice and being a voice of reason-especially back when I didn’t know any better and thought Thorne was the best pull ever lol. I may stick around here a bit but I definitely have decided to take a very long hiatus from the game itself. I wish all the very best of luck in game and otherwise. Who knows, we may run into each other again elsewhere.

11 Likes

@Mojo1 I know we’ve crossed paths and I hope you will drop in once in a while! Maybe the community game thread can be a place to stop by & say hi… I don’t know…Or a thread called the Jedon Emeritus Players Lounge where retired players can kibbutz re: the newest HOTM… or post on dogs/cats of E&P or Coppersky’s memes. I wish you the best as you go on to a new adventure!!! :bouquet:

7 Likes
4 Likes

If you go without returning, I will miss you @Gryphonknight Your perspective and analysis was always a delight to read.

As an added bonus, I still smile about the time you found out what the longest title allowed by the forum software was…

I hope you find some joy in the game, more than the frustration, and I will see you again then. Perhaps in a new alliance with new fun people, getting a chance to hit bigger titans.

9 Likes

Hi @Gryphonknight… how’s things? Have you found a new balance or still a work in progress?

Or just disregard if I’m being too nosey :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I must be a friend indeed as I always found your posts informative and well thought out. I didn’t always initially agree with you but I usually changed my mind on “sober second thought”. And I always got a laugh at your signature closing.

Fin

Postscript

I should also mention I got a secret thrill every time a like from you popped up in my notifications.

6 Likes

Hi @Gryphonknight

Miss you Mikeeeyy

Hope you’re enjoying a healthy hiatus.

Fin

3 Likes

Part 1

Thank you.

I definitely miss all the old forum crew. @zephyr1, @Garanwyn, @Kerridoc @JonahTheBard , @BarryWuzHere, @Rook, @Petri, @mhalttu, @Na.na Plus a bazillion other forum old timers - both users and staff.

8 Likes

Part 2

But @Guvnor ( awesome moderator choice @Petri ), @Math4lyfe ( doing a good job, maybe make a moderator ), @Rigs ( NEVER make a moderator ) @Saanzi ( still using the default forum avatar, why has @Petri not guilted you into uploading a graphic for your forum avatar yet? ) and the rest of the people are helping to pick up the slack for all the Missing In Action forum accounts.

No worries about the forum going forward.

8 Likes

Part 3

Like @JonahTheBard 's return,

I noted @Mai is back ( huge fan :heart_eyes:, love digging through your posts for historical info on Empires) @Coppersky ( so helpful for a newbie @Gryphonknight ) @Brobb ( always wanted to grow up to be you or @Rigs or @Dante2377, but I had to settled for hanging out on the forums ).

4 Likes

One day… one day

Glad you’re alive, man :blush:

5 Likes

Pffft. I can’t imagine that… ever.

3 Likes

16 Likes

That is an awesome list of names.

3 Likes

You’re back!! Yay!

Was it my accidental notifications on your emblem math thread that did the trick

Note to self; spam an old thread if you want Gryphon back!

6 Likes

Welcome back, @Gryphonknight. I’ve missed your thoughtful analysis

2 Likes

One of my favorite parts of Empires is looking at the numbers and how they fit together.

This change in Costume XP just makes me
feel
sad.
I feel this patch is inelegant, clumsy, and confusing.

5 Likes