[Community Content, Essay] Do not click or HotM Sadness

2021-Nov Guardians

2017-Oct Guardians v1.0 was the first Challenge event ( see notes )

2021-Nov Guardians v2.0 will probably be my last challenge event

Click for rest of post

Solo play

As a solo player I no longer have to keep up with my friends, and alliance teammates

Getting zero ( 0 ) Tier completion rewards will not cause me to lang behind friends, or drag down teammates

Guardian Falcon

I have 3x free summons which will be my best chance to get Guardian Falcon

The red 4* hero I always wanted

The star of Falcon, Wilbur/ Gormek, and Boldtusk, red 4* hero team

After all the money, injuries, sweat, and tears

Would summoning Falcon be worth it?

No

1x Red Falcon 4* 4.70 has been replaced by 2x to 7x red c.Marjana Lv85 5*+20

Click for musings

Fun, exciting, quirky and experimental

Even the Devs had some unexpected excitement with Guardians v1.0 ( see notes )

Challenge events v3.0 do not have the fun and excitement of the first appearance of Guardians

Small team

Empires is less, and less, what cool thing can the Devs add to the game and

More, and more, how can the Devs increase the grind so a small team can remain a small team

Empires is less, and less, about play, fun, excitement, discovery, and experimentation

More, and more, about work, grinding for years, repeating the same tasks, optimizing scant resources, managing inventory

Filler and merchandising

Like an insanely profitable, kid friendly, anime adaption that has passed the available books of the adult, ground breaking, fun, exciting, quirky and experimental manga/ light novel it is based on

new content is clip shows, filler arcs, and new arcs for boring, adaption only, merchandise based, kid friendly, new characters that take hours to sit through for very little pay off

SGG / Zynga will still make huge profits for years and years

Employees, and customers, will still have fun

But unlike a classic that stuck to being pure entertainment, with fond memories for years to come ( Looking at you Bill Watterson ^1 ), it will slowly dilute its original, long ago joy

From a childhood memory of a sparkling spring of life giving possibles, is shall spread out into a adult reality of a huge, slightly toxic, morass of muddy, cloudy silt and international, commercial traffic like the mouth of the Mississippi river ( looking at you Star Wars )

Sad

Click for sad

But it is sort of sad

The creativity

The drive

The sheer intelligence required to build spend depth into a freemium game and add more, and more, over the years

But the global economy is what it is

Money to fund entertainment does not come from nothing

It comes from people with money, who want more money

Okay

Now it is time for me to admit, Challenge events v3.0 will never be as exciting as the first Guardian event

Now it is time for me to admit, that letting go of Challenge events is …

…okay

Notes

Click for notes

Elemental Defense Debuff

First Guardian

(New Challenge Event, Guardians of Teltoc, starts today!)

Last Guardian

(Vote for November’s Challenge Event! [VOTING CLOSED] - #3)

FIN

2 Likes