Communication from Staff - Players need answers

With this 40M Food issue now…
I believe the Staffs only take call from People who want to invest money. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I have no clue or idea of how some people do it so fast either. My mana troops and 4* crits, I have only had the goods to get the mana troops to level 11 and won’t take the crits past level 6.

How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

For every single recently released hero there is a copy of this on the forum. It took me just one week from download to find this place. While this is a new addition, we should all be mindful of the lesson.

Just FYI, you’re both right. Without an hour long discussion of brain chemistry, I’ll have to leave it at that.

I’m trying really hard to resist responding in this thread or any of the others like it, because it literally doesn’t matter, again, speaking clinically.

That said, if pointing out the odds mattered, no one would ever die of lung cancer, no one would ever lose everything to a gambling addiction, no one would ever die of a heroin/fentanyl overdose, no one would ever come to a clinician like me while having their life fall apart over years and STILL not see that maybe, just maybe it IS their drinking… you get the point.

It’s just not how brain chemistry works. The human brain reacts to stimuli. Period. But for all those saying, “glad I’m not prone to addiction,” I’d advise caution, and again humbly suggest that introspection is never a bad thing.

If people discussing any aspect of a time waster on a phone upsets someone to the point that that person feels the need to respond negatively, said person might want to consider just why that is… I could spell it out, but, well, yeah. I guess that’s exactly the point, isn’t it.

Be safe out there.

3 Likes

Hi @Dudeious.Maximus it’s all reasonable replies but it’s gone way off topic so I’m happy for you to close it now. It was good to see the feedback, but honestly it’s a bit of a shame that staff haven’t recognised an opportunity to comment or create a thread. Oh well, i tried!

2 Likes