Communication from Staff - Players need answers

Perhaps not in one year, but in the end people will develop immunity with all this mobile madness where they sell you air at an inflated price. There is no any point in telling people the obvious things they don’t want to see.

2 Likes

Different types react differently.

1 - Some develop immunity in that they stop caring how bad the odds are, but keep spending anyway out of habit.

2 - Some develop immunity in that when they don’t get what they want, they spend even more until they get what they want.

3 - Some develop immunity by stopping their spending altogether.

4 - Then, some others too, get really mad and feed all of their roster to Aife, come on here to tell SG to go to hell, then uninstall the game.

I went with the third option for now. But I haven’t completely ruled out #4. :rofl:

2 Likes

After develop immunity (if it real immunity) you will just stop spending and will stop pay for nothing with high prices. Most of people which downloaded this game already quit.

2 Likes

You guys are both right, however I think I’m going to settle this in favour of TGW because the monetization strategy here is predatory and manipulative. They’re hiring psychologists to have you spend on mobile games and work on that so it’s not like you can’t help it, they are making you helpless on purpose.

1 Like

Beg your pardon, sir but…
Many people CAN’T see that.
In my alliance there is a whole family playing (mother, father, daughter).
With the exception of the 10yo daughter they are fairly educated people (master degree) but…
They don’t know about statistics and probability because in my country very few people have to study it to get a master degree.
TBH even a Ph.D.

I’ve literally held online session on telegram to explain how this works and what they are expected to get with a certain “investment”.
One of my favourite alliance member instaquit.

They say the forum is full of negativity…
I disagree. I think it’s full of bias.
Any time a new hero pops we see screenshots of suspiciously good draws and that creates illusions. Because under those screenshots nobody writes how much it cost.
And even if it was cheap there is no disclaimer on how unlikely that is.

Many lack the tools and - I realize that different cultures have different perception on this - it’s not their fault.

1 Like

With this 40M Food issue now…
I believe the Staffs only take call from People who want to invest money. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

For someone to be good, someone needs to be bad. It has always been this way :slight_smile: I grown in time of NES and Sega and it was x1000 better than “this”

1 Like

I have no clue or idea of how some people do it so fast either. My mana troops and 4* crits, I have only had the goods to get the mana troops to level 11 and won’t take the crits past level 6.

How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull
  • If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

For every single recently released hero there is a copy of this on the forum. It took me just one week from download to find this place. While this is a new addition, we should all be mindful of the lesson.

Just FYI, you’re both right. Without an hour long discussion of brain chemistry, I’ll have to leave it at that.

I’m trying really hard to resist responding in this thread or any of the others like it, because it literally doesn’t matter, again, speaking clinically.

That said, if pointing out the odds mattered, no one would ever die of lung cancer, no one would ever lose everything to a gambling addiction, no one would ever die of a heroin/fentanyl overdose, no one would ever come to a clinician like me while having their life fall apart over years and STILL not see that maybe, just maybe it IS their drinking… you get the point.

It’s just not how brain chemistry works. The human brain reacts to stimuli. Period. But for all those saying, “glad I’m not prone to addiction,” I’d advise caution, and again humbly suggest that introspection is never a bad thing.

If people discussing any aspect of a time waster on a phone upsets someone to the point that that person feels the need to respond negatively, said person might want to consider just why that is… I could spell it out, but, well, yeah. I guess that’s exactly the point, isn’t it.

Be safe out there.

3 Likes

Hi @Dudeious.Maximus it’s all reasonable replies but it’s gone way off topic so I’m happy for you to close it now. It was good to see the feedback, but honestly it’s a bit of a shame that staff haven’t recognised an opportunity to comment or create a thread. Oh well, i tried!

2 Likes

Cookie Settings