Communication from Staff - Players need answers

Wow, thanks for that. So many great suggestions there and glad to see that the mods aren’t pulling any punches when it comes to discussing things with SG. Fingers crossed they’ll finally listen (at least to some of it) for a change.

5 Likes

For me it’s a scrap of free loot.
But I think it’s designed to prey on the naïve.
Unless you get a 5* loot item first time, it’s extraordinarily poor value and this is in extremely bad taste. Only a new player who doesn’t understand how easily available 3* troops are would buy it.

9 Likes

Another seriously post… my respect level for SG has just increased by 1 point. Simply because they allow this sort of feedback from their moderators.

That is a positive sign for sure. Though overall, I am still currently ranking them below neutral. In order for them to reach respectable level, they will actually have to start implementing some of these very commonly asked for improvements - and without additional price tags attached.

But knowing that they are at least still willing to listen to our incessant complaints is certainly a small step in the right direction. :slightly_smiling_face:

HINT HINT SG: I am currently an avowed F2P after formerly being a C2P, but I also just posted today that I’d probably be willing to spend a couple of dollars for something like increasing my roster space if I suddenly started pulling more good heroes… I know it’s just a few dollars, but imagine if you made several small improvements and suddenly a million other players were also willing to spend a few dollars… yeah? Just food for thought :wink:

4 Likes

Given what we now know from the moderator screenshots above, thank you for sharing and communicating that really interesting feedback that mods have given, I think it would be perfect timing for staff to make a point of addressing this and expressing some value in our opinions and consideration to planned improvements acknowledged.

Let’s rebuild some faith here, nows a great opportunity @ the staff

6 Likes

It’s cool it’s nothing that has been mentioned before on the fourm. Yeah yah right not everything is gonna happen over night or may not at all.

Please also everyone stop trading questions :+1:

1 Like

I really like the staff we work with and consider them colleagues. I come down pretty hard and fast on anyone who makes personal attacks on staff as I would if a work colleague was being abused.

But, we do do our best to hold their feet in the fire when promised updates are slow to manifest and encourage more communication whenever possible.

I tend to be a rather British in my reserved criticism but rest assured, some of the others are more than willing to give them both barrels when necessary.

We are privileged to be, I think, the only players with a daily personal interface with the boys and girls at SG. I hope we do a good job at balancing service to the community and maintaining civility and constructive discussion.

13 Likes

Dudeious! If I had a dragon to give you, it would be yours. You are an amazing ally for those of us who love the game.

Bravo!

3 Likes

Great info, thanks.

But players need to understand that the mods bringing this to SG doesn’t mean much, if any, of it will happen.

Yes, I’m pretty jaded about it.

2 Likes

Summoning odds:
95%: Automated phone line
4.5%: Junior classistants
0.5%: Executive assistants
0.1% bonus draw: Actual SG developers

Note: odds adjusted to reflect reality instead of theoretical pRNG values :wink:

8 Likes

You forgot unpaid interns in your odds

3 Likes

That’s the mods :crazy_face:

We’re freely available as loot

8 Likes

You guys should get paid, their make billions lol

2 Likes

I apologize for always being critical of “them” - TBH, I’m not entirely sure who “them” even is, as I don’t know who is in charge of calling the shots.

My last job… I worked for a large corporation, let’s call them “T”. In the beginning, “T” seemed like a really good company to work for. The hours were reasonable, the pay was reasonable, the work expectations were reasonable, “they” seemed to care about the happiness of both their customers and their employees. Was a very good gig and I was proud to be part of “them”.

As the years went on though… the hours got worse, the conditions got worse, everything got worse. “T” claimed that it was all part of their “new strategy” to increase profits and stuff, and that we should all be happy and proud to be part of a company that was doing so well. Except that they were only doing well because they were screwing over both their customers and their employees.

Originally, we went to our managers to complain. And the managers were sympathetic. They said “sorry, these decisions came from higher up.” So we went to the higher ups to complain. “Oh, sorry, I totally sympathize, but these decisions came from higher higher up.” Eventually we got as far as we could go before being told to shut up and stop complaining and just get back to work and be thankful that we even still have jobs.

:neutral_face:

My managers told me it wasn’t their decision. Their managers said it wasn’t their decision. So I guess it was all coming down from the CEO or the main shareholders? And none of us had any say at all.

The customers are getting mad at me for stuff I can’t control… I’m getting mad at my manager because of it… my manager is mad at their manager because all of us are mad…

Meanwhile… someone is calling all of the shots, making all of the money, and pissing everybody else off in the process.

I don’t know who that “someone” is, but tell them that they need to start listening, and stop leaving moderators and regular devs and staff members out to be their scapegoats.

6 Likes

ADDED: I have full sympathy for everyone in the middle in that situation.

My bosses were getting on me, telling me I need to work faster or else I might get cut. What??? I can’t lose my job, why are you threatening me? Can’t you see I’m doing my best here???"

My boss is like “I know you are, I’m sorry, I don’t want to fire you, but if we don’t improve our production by 10% this month, then I’m going to get fired… and I don’t want to lose my job either.”

Geez. What a world we live in, huh?

3 Likes

[quote=“Ruskin505, post:18, topic:235302”]
Did they communicate? Yes
If that’s the best means of comunication a multi million dollars company is able to find to comunicate with it’s costumers, their public relations department needs a hard reset. Truth is they don’t care enough to answer questions. Much larger companies like Vodafone or HBO find the time and means to answer direct customer’s coments by hireing mods on their forums and not resorting to volunteer mods like we have here. Od course, the answers there are kind of automatic and focused on being more polite than helpfull, but at least comunication works both ways there…

4 Likes

All the more reason for them to actually pay the mods here.

Doesn’t have to be like an hourly wage or even salary, but at least give them free VIP or something for their time.

2 Likes

Honestly they should get 3000 coins a month. Heck, tell them to spend it on a particular summons area or chamber. They get a thank you and more heroes to play with which helps give them knowledge to give to us as players. Damn SGG, throw these charitable folks a bone!

1 Like

Just paying them isn’t enough. They should be given some real insight and be taken seriously. But my guess is, SG treats mods the same way they treat beta players. If they were staff members, authorized to speack on the company’s behalf, things would be a lot different regarding comunication.

2 Likes

What a joke this is… I’m guessing no matter what is sed on here the community forum. Nothing will ever get sorted. I’m struggling to think why mods are supporting this game then for free aswell. Nothing makes sence.

Having run a game myself and having been a consultant to businesses running MASSIVE customer care departments I can tell you for sure that cold data are barely relevant in customer satisfaction.
Objectivity itself is not that relevant, provided you are able to define it on such subjective matters as quality of life or satisfaction.
When you read data there is a huge bias you have to keep in mind, the survivorship bias.
You must never forget the missing data.

The vast majority of players uses vanilla 4* as feeders? Yes. Could they do something else with them? No. So that’s not really a demonstration of intent, but rather a path you have forced them into.

May we be missing something?
Like, let’s say, the opinion of those who have quit because they don’t get a 4* hero?
Our because instead of a 4* hero they got a 4* trainer?

In customer care you need to account for all those who dropped the call before being assisted: they don’t rate your performance, but if they did what would their likely vote be?

Plenty of people have said, here, that there are better portals to summon your vanilla 4*.
True, but they are all behind a paywall.
It implies a form of survival.
Now, the only reasonable thing that comes to mind is that it is exactly the form of survival that Zynga wants and as much as it makes financial sense to them it’s no wonder players complain :slightly_smiling_face:

As aforementioned cold data is barely an indicator of satisfaction.
The most accepted tool to determine satisfaction is direct extensive surveying based on no indication of what satisfaction is.

While this is true, basing your decision exclusively on profitability implies you don’t want your business to last.
While this could prove no harm for SG who is unlikely to pull another rabbit from the hat, it could be a dramatic issue for Zynga, because they want to last.
Now, if you ask me, their gacha model is already delineating an image problem: on this very forum there’s plenty of farewells by highly committed players who report the addictiveness they have suffered.
While some will argue that addiction is an individual problem, it’s now accepted that it isn’t and many countries are starting to regulate against all addiction-inducing businesses.
If Zynga wants to be both one of the companies that turned its clients into junkies and provided them with miserable QoL just to squeeze them to the maximum they can certainly do it.
But they’d better hire some PR representatives because at some point they are gonna need them BIG TIME :tada:

Eventually E&P won’t be just a product.
Just like Camel or Marlboro.
And just like it became Big Tobacco, it will become Big Gaming.
The image-problem is just incubating.

6 Likes