Communication from Staff - Players need answers

It took them >1 year to fix the bug in Ursena Kage and other similar heroes. It took them some time to fix Lady Loki. Did they explain why? Nope.

They fixed the Alfrike/Wu Kong fast enough. Why? Cos they want players to keep pulling for Alfrike, for rush war.

Unless it brings in more revenue, whatever is requested for will be considered lower priority. Perhaps if an XL whale writes in asking for this or that improvement, it may just happen fast enough.

I wouldn’t bank on the game Customer Service or Devt Team paying much heed to player requests, unless those requests bring in revenue.

If you are that unhappy, perhaps it’s time to move on.

1 Like

Until they get behind. Or change direction. Or we decide those aren’t the things we want.

They told us improvements are coming this year. Now we sit and demand to know when and what’s changing.

We fool ourselves into thinking more information will make us happier.

If I were them I’d be communicating future plans less.

An aside: trainers in hero summons can be seen as a QoL improvement this year. Many people did not understand the concept and many more disliked it anyways. Communication is a lose-lose. I’d be interested in examples of when they announce changes and it’s met with overwhelming support.

8 Likes

It is possible to have constructive communication, but it doesn’t appear to be something that they’re interested in doing. And I can understand that — software development has a long cycle, even if you’re Agile, and people don’t understand what is involved.

And that’s ignoring different goals (making money vs playing the game) and the very lopsided availability of data.

The classic example of when they do communicate and it goes badly is when they replaced Atlantis coins with Valhalla ones. The outcry was massive.

So when they did it again with S4, they didn’t bother announcing it. They just did it. I still think that was lousy to not at least mention it, but there was essentially no outcry.

So, yeah, why bother communicating when they get blasted either way? And particularly if less communication ends up with less outrage?

3 Likes

I’m still amazed there is yet to be a follow up after the raid formation. Not even a “we’ll look into a few interesting things we found and report back…”. Nothing.

11 Likes

Chop chop staff players need answers I would like to know what’s going on aswell.

Even when staff does communicate we claim they didn’t. Sorry to direct this at you but it fits this thread well.

Was this the best place to respond? No
Was this as visible universally as it should have been? No
Do we have any idea when and how formations will return? No
Did they communicate? Yes
Does it really make us any happier? No

7 Likes

The point is that trainers in hero summons can be seen as QoL. Or cannot.
If you impose some QoL change it better be something the vast majority of players considers QoL.
Was a survey run throu the player base (not just beta, forum, whales, etc)?
Was it given as a choice so only people who actually consider it QoL can use it?

One simple example of QoL could be giving the 50 NT flags altogether.
It wouldn’t bother who like the current situation (10 a day) and it could be useful to the other players.
There is literally no draw back for any player so imposing it doesn’t change its QoL nature.

If you, as a company, introduce a change that is meant to make life easier for your customers but is not liked by your customers there is only one possible explanation: you’re doing it wrong.
Either you weren’t able to correctly address the term quality in QoL or you weren’t able to make the customer base understand why it is good in the short/mid/long run.

Possible reason for the latter being :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: lack of communication?

1 Like

As someone who has used all 50 flags each time, doesn’t giving everyone their flags all at once mean I’ll be more likely to rank lower next time because others have more flexibility?
Is that a good reason not to do it? Absolutely not. Would it receive push back? Absolutely.

I like your qualification about what is QoL.

I consider 4 week event schedule and 4 week Springvale to be QoL improvements. I’m aware others do not.

Even the top ideas in the idea category only have a few hundred votes showing how little support some ideas have.

Agree!

2 Likes
2 Likes

No, you’re totally justified. I certainly didn’t see that buried in a bug post. Thanks for pointing it out.

I assumed communication would come from the announcement section or through one of the mods posts.

I agree with everything you said, too.

1 Like

Staaaaafffff where are yoooooooou :eyes:

In fairness, the developers are releasing many Quality of Life improvements for players on a fairly regular basis.

They just all come with hefty price tags attached. :laughing:

“Hey we can make your roster even better!
We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx…”

3 Likes

Questionable.
I picked NT because you can play each stage only once (kind of) so the time - which should be the least possible by nature of the event - required for it should be the same no matter how you distribute it.
What changes is the need for that time each of those five days or over those five days.

Please note that when we discuss QoL we are not implying performance indexes into them:
consesus is scandinavian countries have great QoL even if the US are richer, the weather sucks compared to Spain and you eat much better in France.
Personally I couldn’t care less if I scored worse in events (all of them) provided I don’t feel like a trained monkey whenever I go thru my 1000+ feeders hero training sessions.

As aforementioned… not on the ground of a performance index.
I’m happy to have a lower income living in a small town by the sea. My QoL is much better taking a walk on the beach and never being jammed in traffic than it would be with some more money on my bank account.

Which is why proper, timely, proactive communication is required :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to know why they haven’t been featuring new costumes the past few months.

They were going to, but they stopped because a lot of the players were opposed to the idea of buffing heroes that are already strong enough. I personally tend to agree with those players.

7 Likes

What if they have data showing that the vast majority of 3 and 4 star s1 heroes pulled from event portals end up as food?

Because, you know, they do have that data. And I’d be very surprised if it showed anything else.

In that case, reducing the odds for a s1 hero and replacing it with a trainer is a QoL improvement for the vast majority of the pulls, and that’s verifiable.

There’s a drawback for them though. Because right now they make some money by selling flasks, and a small number of players buy them to finish early. For whatever reason. I honestly don’t understand why.

So while I agree it’s be a QoL improvement for players (and I’d like it), it’s not zero cost.

A lesser cost option would be to allow unused flags to accumulate. There’s probably some sliver of the players that buy flasks to make up for missed ones, but I suspect (with no data!) that it’s less than the above group of the group that loses a stage and still wants to finish. Not as good as your suggestion, but maybe more palatable to them.

It’s been said before that they planned for a 5-8 year run on this game. We’re, best case, halfway through that. They could have had a game that lasted much, much longer… but then they’d have to make different decisions.

Including better communication.

1 Like

I’m not talking about that, I mean for season 1 they released Marjana, Khagan, Leonidas, Justice, Thorne and Obakan. The first month they featured Marjana and Khagan. Then since then they have been featuring older ones that have been featured several times already instead the the rest of the new ones that haven’t been featured yet.

2 Likes

Kira asked us Mods not that long ago what qol stuff people are asking for what threads to read etc… We all gave some input on what to look at plus or ideas guvnor was awesome in this gave alot of info. She did say around spring time so that’s now hopefully bee soon.

13 Likes

Oh you mean the featured ones. Because they have now released costumes for all of the S1 heroes as far as I am aware. But I haven’t kept track of which ones have been “featured” vs. which ones have not.

Is it possible to share what y’all mods suggested? It seems like it’s generally compiled and can be copy/pasted into a new thread or here? I’m curious what QoL improvements we most want.

4 Likes

Cookie Settings