Colour Blindness

As another color blind player, I can certainly feel your pain! Having trouble distinguishing the dragon tiles and diamonds has definitely caused me some bad moves during Titans and challenge events where time is of the essence. Sometimes I get lucky guesses though, lol!

I think you’re on the right track about resolving this, just make purples a bit darker, and yellows a bit lighter.

5 Likes

I worked for a company that could be compared to SG and I would say you will have two problems in wanting your issue resolved. One being the lesser of the two is although they do read posts and requests on this forum I seriously doubt they have the staff to read each of them. You would be more likely to at least get a response through the in game support and it is a very easy process. The second more complicated issue is you are only one person. My daughter also has problems differentiating certain colors so I understand your dilemma. With that being said it would be extremely time consuming and costly for something that seems so small to be changed for so few people. The relevance of my previous employment is I received a e-mail about a almost identical problem and wanted to help but found out the only way changes was going to be made was going to be in future reconstruction of the game. It never happened. For you trainers you could sort your hero’s by color and I imagine that would help unless the only hero’s you have are trainers. Sorry you had to read all that for that little bit of advise but I wanted to help you with future frustrations.

A month after my post i went to the support. And feel i got a “standart reply”, and I know there was some other major things working on. But think we have to wait long for the colorblind mode.

4 Likes

I have a friend who is colorblind as well, never thought about these puzzle games as frustrating in that manner. Maybe Shapes to go along with Colors could be helpful!?

3 Likes

Yep, got the same issue here !! I often make mistakes, especially between yellow and green when there’s a special tile left, especially after a 4-combo.

3 Likes

Hello !

Same problem for me. Really not easy to play with so similar colors.

3 Likes

Same here. </3 green and yellow diamonds :frowning:

I guess, its not so hard with the heros, because you have “enought time” to check this. But in titan fights… it’s really annoying when after a big combo you don’t know exactly what color the diamond has and you make “mistakes” with it :frowning:

3 Likes

Mostly the same here.

For me, it’s the yellow/green jewels (5 match) & dragon shields (4 match), the blue/purple circles under heroes, and outlines around blue/purple cards.

The cards aren’t as big of a deal, as they’re not part of the action, though.

Also, don’t forget to vote for ideas you like. You can vote for up to 6 at a time. I just pulled my vote from alchemy lab post to vote here, since it has 150+ & no other request has anywhere near that many :rofl:

1 Like

For the battle issue, it seems like a pretty easy option to add.

Before:

After (with bad photoshopping :smile: ):

It uses all existing assets, crosses language barriers, and would only require a little bit of UI logic to show a shield on a special piece.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great idea and a reasonable adjustment.

Having a different creature or gem shape for each element would look great and hopefully be distinct enough to be helpful.

I suggest a 4-match creature based on the rare titans:
Blue - unicorn
Red - cockatrice (dragon rooster sigh)
Yellow - gryphon
Red - tiger
Purple - harpy

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ve merged these two threads.

4 Likes

Just so everyone with “normal” vision can imagine how hard it looks like to be colorblind, … here is an example of the most three common color-blind types …
How%20Color-Blind%20See

I hope it … helps.

5 Likes

Thanks for bringing this issue up again. I’ve been struggling with the yellow & green pumpkins, too.

1 Like

The pictures are all almost the same??
; )

1 Like

Yeah, me too. And there is not a option, as for normal tiles, to be mindful here - like for creation of dragons /diamonds :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks FinishBJ. After extensive testing of the settings, I can say that it didn’t help for me. Any marginal differences were offest by the change in the colour display. Colours were shifted considerably in many cases. A minor fix would help differentiate between green and yellow gems but not blue and purple. A blue and purple fix would not help yellow and green. Using custom settins to the point that differences in all colours were apparent caused such a dratics change in overall appearance.
Even wearing tinted glasses and tinted contact lenses in one eye as precribeded by my optometrist did not help and in all cases introduced new drawbacks as colour shifts and loss of contrast.
The affects on the aesthetics in the game were quite unappealing.
Workarounds to overcome poor game styling choices are not a viable option. Best solution would be to change the colour choices or shape of the gems as well as the rings under the monsters and heroes.
There’s a good suggestion mentioned in this thread below … stamping the background … is also good but can’t be too subtle.

1 Like

Yeah. I am on the wagon with yellow/green issue (no problem with blue/purple). Two most painful occurencies: diamonds (after 5+ tiles combos) and circles under enemies (with the exception of big circles under bosses). In both cases I for the god’s sake can’t differentiate between both colors. I can only make a qualified guess based on circumstances. That’s why I wholeheartedly support the proposal to make the green color (at least on the diamonds and circles) significantly darker. Can’t comment to blue/purple issue.

2 Likes

Circles under enemies aren’t a problem anymore. You can tap and hold giving you additional information including the Color indicated by the symbol. Leaves me with the gems and pumpkins from Halloween.

1 Like

Any development here?
As a colorblind, I have difficulties distinguishing yellow and green used throughout the game. You could pick another tone of yellow so that it wouldn’t be hard to distinguish them. I cannot tell for tiles that we get after making a 4-match or 5-match if it is yellow or green. Also the border of the hero cards in thumbnail form are impossible to distinguish betweeen yellow and green.

I also have minor problems with blue and purple but it is not worth mentioning. Please, either pick other tones of color, or provide a colorblind mode to be used on the board.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I have brought this issue up many times before since I have started playing as there are many types of colour blindness but the most common is determining between similar colours when they are shaded almost alike.

The rings around the heros of yellow/green and blue/purple are to close alike for people with these colour blindness issues as ate the diamonds that come up when using 5 or more tiles on the board.

This causes many mistakes during play and gets quite annoying.

It really wouldn’t take much for the devs to highlight one of each of these two colours a bit more to seperate them.

I understand a person who isn’t coloured blind would see this to be an issue nor could they understand the issues one has that is coloured blind and tell us we need to adapt but unfortunately colour blindness isn’t adaptable.

It’s the same with the hero cards when leveling or wanting to know what colour they are, we have to pop the card up to check what element it is to make the differences between them. Surely ir would be to hard to place a small icon of the element in one corner of the displayed card to save us from needing to pop each obe up everytime or as stated above highlight the coloured border of one of each colour.

These little fixtures would greatly help disadvantaged players like myself and as mentioned by many others over time a much needed fix.

Cheers

2 Likes