Color Stacking: The Odds

Are you also tracking the other colours to see their variance?

Also, what are the odds of getting exactly 2200/11000 red for comparison?

3/2 works but this teach really bad habits that can’t be undone come war time. 3/2 consumes to many heros so I rainbow when equal or close 2-2-1 teams within 300 points and then only if necessary 3/2 for higher power level splits.

1 Like

The longest study I’m aware of is this:

It produced markedly different results than your study, though. Not sure how to reconcile the two sets of data at this point.

1 Like

You don’t need to worry about that. It’s effectively a binomial distribution with probability of success as 0.2 (probability of drawing the stacked into color). There are several ways to estimate a confidence interval given this formulation, but suffice it to say that his result is way outside the 95% confidence interval of a uniform probability draw.

1 Like

I do pretty good with this line up
I have healers and combat

1 Like

Color stacking works for me.

2 Likes

This was a good one :rofl:

4 Likes

That would be super annoying! Thank goodness you’re facing average and slow mana!

I’m curious, though: why a blue stack here? It’s that what you’re strongest in, or you’re most worried about Elena m

Stacking in raids and tiles works fine with me.
Yes some times are very bad boards but not usually tbh.

1 Like

The odds say it should be often enough to be annoying. But yeah, that looks pretty sweet.

1 Like

Just lazy to change my teams around. I pretty much just raid with mono red or blue, I look for a match where it’s a viable attacking strategy. Neutral damage against two of the front heroes, strong damage against one of em. I like using mono. I could’ve made a mono purple team and that would’ve obviously been a better choice but I didn’t feel like doing that lol

1 Like

That makes sense. Thanks for indulging my curiosity. I’m always interested in what strategy people use to pick their teams.

2 Likes

I like mono because if you get a decent board all your specials charge at once. And your tile damage is really good.

1 Like

I had to try, I wish I hadn’t :laughing:

5 Likes

Oh yuck. At least you can cascade some of it out of the way quickly. Plus, you won’t lose any Mana the first time Guin fires :laughing:

3 Likes

You can make any team of any color work. I do not go after cups or the leaderboard. All I care about is that my cups are over 2400 when I open the chest. You can see that I haven’t even bothered taking a hero to 80. However, I end up in top 100 just about every day. So far is best at number 7.

As mentioned. This is my most devastating team. You can see its a low power score and I take out teams 4100+…if the boards are not too terrible.

But this is another team I use. In fact, this is the team I used when I hit number 7.

They both win or lose at the same ratio. The only difference is that the mono is MUCH faster. The downside is that it is a lot harder to work with a bad board.

Thats whty I love this game so much. There are so many combos and strategies you can use.

3 Likes

Color stacking makes things faster. You lose quickly or you win quickly.
A well-constructed raid team will endure the bad boards.

For a long time I have played 4:1 but, after a run of terrible, terrible luck (and my recent 4/80 of Inari…) I have switched to 3-1-1 (sometimes 3-2). Bringing Inari & Redhood always seems to make raids more fun. Now that I have Onatel… I’m not sure what I’ll do. But, since i switched to 3-1-1, I have had more reliable results (more wins than losses) on raids. And, when I do lose, I take out more heroes than the mono or 4-1 raids, which is the whole point if you’re trying to fill chests.

I do not have a team yet that I like to stay in the top 100, even though I visit it quite frequently, so most of my focus is to fill as many raid chests as I can, fast forward and speed through again (to get to elemental chests). If I make a high level (I’ve been as high as #3) then so be it.

Some people don’t care about losses. They just flee at the sight of a bad board, or complain on the forums that stuff isn’t random. Personally, I care about BODY COUNT. Raid flasks/flags = cash money = more frequent elemental chests & standard rewards.

2 Likes

I’m guilty of the 3-1-1 in raids too, but in AW usually have to do 2-2-1 to spread my roster out.

I’ve tried the crazy mirror challenge thing too but only when I’m really bored and want to lose cups, lol

3 Likes

I don’t want your logic! I want to be mad!

JK thanks for the math. That helps a lot

3 Likes