Color Stacking: The Odds

@Scrape Yup. There are over 1.2M active daily players of E&P. If each of them uses just 12 flags a day, then I’d expect about 6,000 boards with no tiles of the desired color every day. Sucks to be one of the ones pulling it though.

2 Likes

You also can have good board like this (I got this diamond after one move😉)

8 Likes

If you want a long win streak the best way is to use a rainbow team plus cup dropping. A mono or two color team will eventually lose with an abysmal board. I’ve raided a lot with rainbow teams and I like the ability to be able to have a chance at least with every board (except the rare case where every board is hosed when you can only make a 3-match in a singular place for 4 turns in a row and of course in different colors).

That said I raid 95% with a 2-1-1-1 team, too lazy to switch teams. Heavy color stacking is a good idea though with a weaker team, rainbow is for equal matchups or weaker opponents.

5 Likes

Numbers mean nothing… Just like in TP’s case. Just think how many times did you dispose of a 4000+ TP team using a 3400 TP team. I do it all the time, so I guess it’s not a big deal.
A good board when stacking colors is not about the number of tiles, it’s about their placement on the board. 6 direct red tiles under a green tank, while stacking three reds, mean pretty much you won the fight, while 10 red tiles shuffled all over the table with chances to hit some blue hero are a desolate sight… Pushing it a bit further, a bad starting board might turn in a great one in a matter of seconds, if the right tiles kick in.

3 / 2 stacking system works. I can vouch for that.

2 Likes

I raid around 2600-2800 with a single rainbow team and almost never lose. I skip Guin though, she’s the only hero that requires stacking against.

Because war aid adds an incentive to win in less moves, unfortunately rainbow teams don’t work as well in wars.

Do the stats in OP account for the fact a starting board can’t have a gem match?

This is the main reason: color stacking gives you better chances to charge & fire your specials before the defense would charge their and chopping attacker’s heads.
Also, color stacking increase the “burst damage”…
helping the attacker to not let the defending teams recover the tile damage taken.

More damage/n° tiles means more damage with higher attacker’s and lower defending team’s mana gain… winning with a rainbow team seems impossible nowdays due to tank’s punishing specials or their high resistance/recovery skillset.

4 Likes

It must be some godlike rainbow team “almost” never to lose in diamond… would you share your line-up with us, mortals?

3 Likes

I’ve used the word impossible to describe raiding with a rainbow attack team I think every single time I’ve talked about raiding with a rainbow team lol. Players are concerned that you’ll get bad boards with a color stacked team but I don’t even think there’s such a thing as a good board for a rainbow team. Not when you’re attacking maxed defenders with good team synergy. It’s like impossible to beat that with any rainbow team.

3 Likes

The only rainbow team I could see working would be one with plenty of mana ticks as Hel - Proteus, Hansel - Peters, Gretel - Chao, and a strong buffer/debuffer as Wu Kong or Isarnia ('cause reasons).

Alasie, zeline, grave maker, Viv, panther.

I meant on attack only, I usually win my 6 raids in a row. I obviously lose on defence.

1 Like

I just think it’s so hard to charge your specials one at a time lol
The defender gains mana pretty quickly when tiles are coming at them. So if I want to charge like boldtusk and Grimm, two average mana heroes it’ll take 10 tiles each. In what world can I crash 20 tiles that aren’t doing any damage at defenders and expect my heroes will be alive when they’re charged? I’ll get hit 3 or 4 times by enemy specials first.

Yeah, only mana tricks could work in said cases…

Tiles still do plenty of damage… I often still manage to kill the tank before it fires once (albeit I’d estimate that happens maybe 1/3 of the time) thanks to combos. Even if the tank fires and maybe even the flanks, it’s not a big deal if you have the proper heroes (heal, cleanse, dispel…).

Yes color stacking let’s you hit above your weight. It may even win more, especially in wars. The idea that rainbow teams are unusable however is ridiculous.

3 Likes

I never said rainbow is the best way, just meant that like the above poster it’s perfectly viable. Raid attacks are easy anyway as long as you avoid teams you know you have a disadvantage against. My 2-1-1-1-1 wins 9 out of 10.

1 Like

Color stacking is very needed when raiding, especially to get rid of annoying tank but still it’s a bet, you need to start with a good board. For example i now akways stack 3 blues against GM, 3 reds against all green tanks (wukong/ares/wilbur combo madness :slight_smile: ) and double others color against other tank except blues (I lack good green). I dont like much rainbow teams because it’s not very efficient for me.

1 Like

Not getting a single tile in my favor has happened too me unfortunately. :frowning:

Its good to point out that the board isn’t programmed to be required to have every color on it since I remember a semi popular thread existing with the OP saying that all 5 colors have to be on the board.

But remember sometimes after long periods of suffering the RNG will give you a board like this:

8 Likes

More like 2-1-1-1-0 :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oops yes, a 1 too many :slight_smile:

Poor Colen

20 characters

5 Likes