Color on color: increased mana gain?

I start hearing talk about attacking blue defending heroes with blue attacking heroes, and this giving the defending heroes more mana than if you would attack them with yellow or purple.
Since I don’t believe that color has any influence on the mana gain, I highly doubt this is true. So the statement is that if you attack a defending hero with the same color as that hero, the defending hero gains more mana (than if you would attack it with another neutral color).

Is there someone who can disprove this for me, so that I can sleep in peace again? :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Where does this conspiracy come from? 1st of April?

4 Likes

Sounds like someone is getting confused about how weak colors will charge a hero without doing as much damage to the defending hero. Must have been a heck of a game of telephone to get there.

1 Like

This comes up a lot, I think, b/c it’s natural to think that tile color matters for how much mana defensive heroes gain. It certainly matters for what you gain on offense…

It depends on how many tiles strike the defender, but not the color. If I recall correctly, a defender would get “1 tile” worth of mana per turn, plus “1/2 tile” of mana for each tile that hits them. Being hit with combos reduces the amount of mana gained.

Here are a couple of relevant threads:

Detailed empirical research suggests that weak, neutral and strong tiles do give different amounts of mana:
https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/new-mana-per-turn-calculation-on-defense-we-investigate/90631/87

2 Likes

Thanks Kerridoc! Will read that thread carefully, and adjust my understanding of things.
Always great to have data to tackle an issue like this…

1 Like

Looks like the jury is still out:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/new-mana-per-turn-calculation-on-defense-we-investigate/90631/104?u=garanwyn

We need more data I think.

3 Likes

yeah i wrote that, cause i didnt think of the display resolution, thats the respond of Damirius to my wrong assumption:

1 Like