Color matching when feeding?

When feeding heroes I understand that its better to feed the same color because it increases the chance of leveling the heroes special, BUT if, in the case with my Wilbur his special maxes out before his level should I feed him every color to get him leveled up or just take it slow with the color matching?

I always feed color matching, because I level a rainbow team at once (heroes are rotating) and I want to have the 20% more XP, too.

But if you want to level one hero at a time faster and don’t care about the other heroes, rainbow feeding is better.

3 Likes

That sounds logical, I have been color matching this far but I noticed that it takes forever to get 10 heroes of the same color to feed so i just thought maybe my main 5 heroes i could work on 1 at a time just to get a solid team then work on the rest together. I do see what you meen though, my other heroes are left in the dark if I do it this way… decisions…

Dont even bother feeding 10 same-color heroes at a time. It makes no difference in quantity.
I feed them as I get them, be it 1, 4, or 7, etc

3 Likes

It only makes a difference in food costs when you hit levels, yes.

2 Likes

The bump in XP really adds up. Color match, unless you are done with everything and literally only have one color to work on at a time.

The game is a grind even with the bonus XP, so why make it moreso by not color matching?

3 Likes

Fair enough, I just have a couple heroes I really wanna get up… call them high priority (Frida, Goldtusk, Ariel) so I was just thinking of going all out to get them leveled. But I do see your point

Then feed what you have. 1* up to lvl30, then mixed with 2*.
Food is more important than the color. Just keep your trainers for lvl50+.

1 Like

For me it depends on the urgency I need a particular hero maxed…for example Evelyn gets only green feeders as I don’t need her right away, while Ariel gets all the rest at the moment.

Afterwards Wilbur will get everything except blue, which goes to Grimm.

1 Like

Ok I didnt knownthat about the trainers… ya maybe I’ll mix the 1stars and color match the 2s… that sounds like a sensible plan lol

I have Wilbur at 3-60 now so I may leave him there for the moment and get Boldsltusk up to the same point. Blue for me know is the hard decision because I’m stuck between leveling Grimm, Frida and Ariel… Grimm is 3-1 and Frida is 2-34… but ariel is way way low

Do you have all mats for frida or ariel? Otherwise feed Grimm :wink:

1 Like

Arial I do but I’m missing one to ascend Frida…

Why keep trainers for lvl50+?

Once you maxed Wilbur’s special, you can feed any color to speed up the leveling. It doesn’t matter anymore.
Just that by feeding other than red, you are losing about 20% points for every hero compare to same color feeding.
Unless you are levelling few heroes of different element at once, rainbow feeding is easily the fast way to level up any hero.

1 Like

Would you reccomend taking him to full Max or leaving him at 3-60 until I level some other heroes?

Wilbur and BT both should go to 4.70…and then get emblems…

3 Likes

If you don’t have the required mat in damascus blade, tome of tactics and 6 telescopes, maxing Grimm will be the best option as a maxed 4 * is still better than a 3 70 legendary heroes.
In the case of Grimm, he has high attack stat which is good for titans and color stacking.
Although quite squishy, adding an emblem later can make him tougher.

2 Likes

same color feeding isnt just good for hero special but also you gain more xp from the feeders with less food.

1 Like

So Grimm should have priority over Frida?

Cookie Settings