Collect gems II - or how to waste your time

It is possible. I havent bought anything in last May, June, July and at the end of August i could do the x10. Believe me or not thats the truth, why would it be beneficial for me to trick you?

5 Likes

Its not a ton of gems, but I always do every collect gems quest that shows up, similar to how I always immediately watch an active mystic vision instead of just sit there for an hour. All, or nearly all gems you can get are worth it to f2p and very c2p players.

I never purchase energy. Lately, I just have cut down on doing 8-7 a bit when I use energy for farming for crafting items and recruits. Now I try to farm 9-1 like every third time atleast because I find the XP helps me level up a little bit quicker and get more flags. Yeah it’s a bit of a bummer to spend 28 flags and only have 6 left over, but so be it— 18 Gems are worth it to me.

Another thing; the gems from hero and monster chests really add up over a month so those are important to me too. If collect gems II appears while either of them are active, I’ll focus on filling those chests first so getting the gems from them aren’t delayed. Then I wait for my energy to refill and then do collect gems II.

9 Likes

You can get 135 gems a month just from mystic vision. 45 axe attacks included :wink:

1 Like

For mystic vision you don’t waste valuable resources. I don’t mind MV.
But for quests you are wasting flags, which you could use for gaining XP or filling up monster chests.
The return is negative there.

As C2P or F2P this is an awesome quest, and one of the most anticipated quests.

Additionally, I am sure I’m not alone in having a lot of unused WE daily. I use WE on average twice a day. When a special quest or a “good” quest like this comes up, sometimes I’ll play a third time. Sometimes I’ll use a flask. And sometimes I’ll just do the quest and not fill my monster flask.

(This is part of my strategy as well for not being a slave to the game. Having to log in constantly to not waste WE is more effort than I can joyfully give. )

4 Likes

Even filling up monster chest is negative if you don’t get something valuable which happens often.

I collected 1200 since Christmas. Also saving up for Atlantis. F2p value gems differently…And yes, I definitely do every collect gems quest.

9 Likes

My personal gem per month record was ~650
650*4=2600 teorethically F2P (like me) can collecy 3000 gems in 4 months but he need initial cotribution ~700 gems

1 Like

Why would it be negative? With WE you cannot do pulls and get better heroes and troops or skip chests or buy hero slots. With gems you can do all of these. So any event that converts WE into gems is positive

8 Likes

I had some missions done at the time. You know the build a lvl20 food storages kind of ones. Those give 10-30 gems each.

3000 gems for 4 months (120 days) = 10 heroes
TC13 - No gems for 4 months (120 days) = 60 heroes

I like the missions rewards, but they are too rate also.

Try pulling atlantis 5s or any kind of 5s from TC13

4 Likes

It make sense now, Its definetly possible with quest gems

But from TC13 you can get only 3* 4*(with something like 5% chance)

2 Likes

Why yes, I am using my gem for summons. But I won’t use them every time I accumulate 300 of them (which, maybe about right because I don’t raid either, so I don’t have the hero chest to help me either).

At this point I am going to start going for variety, so now my gems will be hoarded towards 10x summons, most likely with events followed by seasonal. I’ve been playing for a little over a year now, and I am running TC20 x 3 non-stop at the moment (about to finish my 4th TC20 in about 2 days), so I am not looking for anything out of the ordinary (e.g. season 1 3* - 5*) in that department.

One might think it’s such a slow and boring way to play this game and I am not getting the benefit of having better heroes faster. But that’s what I like about this game, you are not really being punished game play wise for playing at your own pace. Plus I am not playing competitively, and nor am I being forced to buy items in order to finish a certain aspect of the game. World Energy is free, you get 1 per 10 minutes. Gems, are not, and any way that do not involve me digging into my own $, I take.

4 Likes

I don’t do many of the quests, but I typically do the gem ones. I personally don’t need battle items, can get better recruits farming other places, and always have plenty of WE. I guess it just depends on where you are in the game. I’m level 60…free gems are always awesome in my mind.

3 Likes

I only run the first two levels of the gems II quest because the opportunity cost of world energy is too high. I’d definitely pick up the final 9 gems if they were free, but I don’t get the same amount of loot - feeders, recruits, crafting/ascension materials - from the final level as I do from farming optimal levels on the map. For 16 WE, I don’t value 9 gems as much as the loot I gain farming 1-8-7 or 2-1-10.

1 Like

Any chance I get to get free gems, I do. But I also don’t spend (sans December).

Do the 100 monster mission first, and do the first level of the quest during. Once monster mission is over, do level 2 and 3 when the WE rebuilds.

4 Likes

For me, the free gems I get in a 4 month period would probably equal 1400-to-1600.

But I bet it’s possible for a few playrrs to get around double that if they have greater than average dilliegence, a lot of luck in most areas of thr game and an uncommon circumstance or two occurs.

Ex:

1. Gems I & Gems II spawn signficantly more than usual in that 4 month period.
  2. The player makes sure to open their monster and hero chest twice a day whether it requires flasks or not.
  3. The player always or almost always watches the mystic vision within the hour its active to get the maximum amount they can per month. (max 46 in 31 days I think)
  4. The player’s alliance is really good at winning wars so the war loot gives a few gems each time.
  5. They’re really lucky with mystic vision, regular chests, titan loot etc. commonly giving them 5-10 gems each time instead of 1-4 like they usually do
  6. The player’s alliance is really good at filling the war chest and they’re lucky enough to get 10 gems instead of 3/5.
  7. They still have gem rewarded missions to complete in this time period. Especially the ones that give 30-to-50 gems.
  8. They have an unusually high amount of rare elemental chests in that time period, and they usually get 40-to-50 gems instead of 20-to-30.
  9. Titans never or almost never get away
  10. SG firetrucks something up massively and has to give everyone a free 75 gems as compensation

So yeah, I bet closer to 3k in that period is possible, but once i happens once for someone I bet it wouldnt ever happen again just because of extremely low probability