Co-Leader looking for a new home

@Obsidian - just wanted to mention when you realize your bigger than your place, its a good thing. Also realize that you can pick a couple Alliances of interest. Go war with them for the week, get a feel, see how they work together, are all WAR flags being used, are the Titans being Skinned in a timely manor, is the gang a tribe or dive? Your NOT COMMITTED just because you join. The goal is to find one to commit to as the end goal of course. One of my BIGGEST mistakes was staying in a single Alliance for some 450+ maybe it was 550+ days… once i reached a arm up into the E&P virtual world and let my feet float along I went on a world trip that lasted 5-6 months! Few do that I realize. Pick a couple Alliances, coordinate a seat - go do it up with em, try the next. Then decide. And DONT OVERTHINK IT BRO! Ok Later - RaZ

3 Likes

I was thinking of merging our alliance but after this weekend I am done with them. We have 3 elders that have gone MIA for 3 weeks. We are down to 20 members. Half of them don’t bother with titans. I hit one for over 300K and it still excaped. But the comments this weekend were enough. We have a member who we assumed was an adult. He has all 5* heroes including KA and some other good ones. I thought it odd that he had a great team for so long but never leveled them up but I figured maybe he was busy. Nope, he is a middle school kid who gets grounded all the time because he gets C’s and his mom punishes him. He said he has no time for school he wants to play football at OU as a Sooner. I informed him of the error inn his thinking and that school is important etc. He told me I sound like his mom. OK, I likely do. But then the original co-leader tells him to ignore me that I am grumpy and he should do what he wants that youth is to important. WHile I agree that it should be enjoyed and cherished, it shouldn’t be squandered either. I told him to study and play. But the other person (who literally has posted like 5 times in a year but now decides to chat) says don’t bother with school, etc.
We have 2 teachers in our alliance who said that school is important blah blah, which is what I said but not one person thought it a bad idea for our original co-leader to be telling him to ignore his mom.
Anyhow I am not here to debate the merits of youth vs. education and parenting. I finlled my war chest(got a great one too, right off the bat was a warm cape, strong shield and it ended with a reset token). I also got a tonic from a mystic vision earlier that day so I think that is a sign.
I hate to leave but its time. We have no coordination, no effort, no nothing. Its just a group of people playiong together not people playing as a group.
I will reread the invites and I noticed that there was one from a very active group that also had entried in the SG artwork contest. They have multiple alliances and I will look into them and the others who took time to post and also chat on discord. I posted my info on our group chat again and not one person went to discord. We have people that have played together for over a year and nobody talks or cares. This game is too hard to skip titans if we can beat them. Yes theres one a day but that’s also a shot at mats that gets lost too.
So thank you all for posting the info and I will be looking through them. I honestly didn’t think I would get more than 1 or 2 replies and I really didn’t imagine that they would have the substance of real posts. I figured they would just be like, “hey join us!”
Thanks everyone and stay in school kids!!!

2 Likes

@Obsidian, I am sorry you had such a bad experience with your alliance. This might be a negative towards my group, but I do have a couple school age (high school) players, but they are highly respectful. I keep the chat room PG13, because of this. Overall we are a gaming family from all walks/ages of life and any negative comments are a rarity. I have discord and if you want to just read though the chat room to see if you think we would be a fit, I would be happy to share it with you. I think you would get a really good idea of what my alliance is like based off my sever. ambushed#8835 Send me a message if your interested.

I am not opposed to having kids, it was just the whole thing about him getting grounded for bad grades and others in the group telling him to ignore what his mom told him (and then also attacking me for telling him the same thing basically) . It was more the other person who has been there for almost 2 years and never chatting but decided to attack me and tell the kid to ignore school etc.
That with the nonchalence of the leader who became leader by default after the original one stepped down and they gave it to them since they had the longest time in (5 days longer than me). Our leader occasionally stops in to say, nice war or sorry we lost but there is no leading. I answer all the questions about heroes, etc. I think it has just worn on me to have put so much in only to get nothing back in terms of bigger titans or coordinated war, a discord group, etc. And 2 weeks ago one member who I really put a lot of time into helping and told him about the guides, helped with his heroes, his setup and tactics he came on one day and just said he was leaving for another alliance. A more active one (imagine that…LOL) since this was his first one and he wanted a group with more than one person answering everything(that would be me, not in a bad way but in that nobody else bothers to help despite me making people elders and co-leaders).
Thanks for the info, I am still going through things. It will take me a while since I don’t want to jump from frying pan into the fire so to speak. I want to find a good fit and stay there. I know from stopping in PS chat on occasion that there are lots of great people here. Just in the forum I see there are hardcore players that do math, figure out stats, hit damage formulas, etc. It’s a great community that is really nice. Even though I have beat all the stages I stay for that and to keep building heroes and hopefully to enjoy a nice S3. I wish the alliance features were a little more robust so you could find players that left and see where they went to maybe join them or to PM people without using Line or discord. But maybe one day that will happen.

2 Likes

In my group we have what we started calling the “Chat Test”. When ever we get someone that joins we all say hi, welcome and the run down. We give them until they log off the game to reply. If they don’t talk, we know they will not be a good fit for us. I think we might actually talk to much. Except for Monday mornings… It’s dead on Monday mornings…

As far as the leader goes (that’s me) I sit on the game and discord at work, and am there for my group. They all know that they can ask me a question and I will do my best to find it for them. I mean that’s what a leader is… I think a lot of people make these alliances thinking it will be fun and not understanding that it’s almost a job. I know the local time of my members. That helps me manage war, understand why they are not hitting the titan during times, I know that some can’t use their phone at work, who is school and when they should be out… It’s a job. I love doing it, mostly for the people; The game is okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, @Obsidian. There are a lot of invites from alliances up there already, but throwing this into the ring anyway. My alliance is looking for one more member and our forum post is here: The Padawans Alliance is friendly and supportive and has 3 open spots - Fighting mostly 10* and 11* titans (green tanks) - #95 by kwong79

I’m just an elder helping out with recruitment :slightly_smiling_face:. We’re an international group. More than half are Americans but the rest of us are in Europe and Asia. We’re friendly and relatively chatty but it’s mostly game-related, and we keep off potentially sensitive topics.

You’re exactly right with when you start out you think “hey this will be a fun little game” then you create an alliance and you grow and all of a sudden it is kinda like a second job. But that’s what we sign up for right? I love it and I love sharing what I learn here on the forum threads and through personal trial and error with my team.

2 Likes

I thought I was downloading a cool version on Bejeweled. That was a year ago… I was sooooo wrong.

1 Like

Hi William (@Obsidian),

I avoided posting originally as I missed the start of this thread by a day and it looked like you have many quality offers. If you are still gathering information about where you would like to join, let me tell you a bit about our alliance: Raging Nerd Hounds.

We can empathize with your frustrations over hitting a wall with a club that has scattered levels of activity. We were a full club called Release the Hounds that had a wonderful family-like atmosphere of playing together for a year. But then some folks went up in the world, seeking 7DD status, some retired from the game, and others started to lose interest in the daily grind. We would pick up recruits here and there, but they often would not have the patience for seeing zeros on the titan or war flags left over. In a matter of a few months, we were down to 20/30 core players.

We merged with an awesome group of Canadians (Canadian Nerds) and thus, the Raging Nerd Hounds were born. We’re now floating around 28-29 members most days, with still a few who we wish used their titan flags sooner in the day rather than later. But we are at 100% war participation and having loads of fun again.

Your power level and experience would fit right smack in our heart. If you’d like to come check us out, our door will be open should you knock. You can also reach me on Line (modernthinker) or on Discord (Modern_Thinker#4989) though I am far more active on Line. We hope you’ll at least come have a tour, before you make your final decision.

Cheers and best wishes with finding a new home.
MT

image ROHN’S WAR ZONE
ALL ACTIVE DAILY PLAYERS
All flags used
CURRENTLY FIGHTING 8* TITANS With harpoons
WE ARE an ALLIANCE FAMILY with FAMILY MEMEBERS
From 600-2500 CUPS we have it all
If You NEED help its here also just ask
Come check us out You will be glad you did

Well, I left the alliance last night so some of you might get a visit soon. I also have my alt account but that is a secondary thing and I don’t have as much time as before to use it. I had it in the alliance because honestly it was better than 2/3 of the members. It was usually in platinum raid and I used all 6 war flags though about 3 were strictly cleanup as I haven’t played it much to really level the heroes.

I finally just jumped last night and it does feel strange but I got a great war chest with a cape and shield plus a tonic from a mystic vision the same day. Yesterday I got trap tools from a hero chest so I am happy. Its just strange not seeing the alliance under the name.

Be on your best behaviour, I might sneak in for a peek…LOL. Regardless I truly thank you all for reaching out. I would have likely stayed suffering had I not posted.

5 Likes

Hi @Obsidian :raising_hand_woman:t3::blush:

I left you a message in discord. Hope to hear from you soon :relaxed:

1 Like

You Can join our alliance check us out and we are on Discord as Well “ Devine#8150

@Obsidian

Give us a look.

Chaotic Outlaws. Rebuilding after summer break. Looking to get out of 10s and back into chaining harder titans.

My line ID is dLm_mage

@Obsidian
Our war just ended and we can open up a spot for you (for one inactive) if you are still browsing the alliances. Let us know if you’d like to try us at Demon Queens & Kings :slight_smile:

-JMorphin

Hi @JMorphin,

I am still looking. I think I am going to take Razor’s advice and nto overthink it. I would like to find a home on the first try since I don’t want to hop around but like before I am also not obligated to stay if it isn’t a good fit.

I am on Line and Discord obsidan on both, just add #8583 for discord. What * titans are you fighting? I just want to make sure I will be able to help as I know my limits of my best teams though when Wu helps it can be very nice. Unfortunately, none if the other boosters like Tarlak, Ranvir or Miki have found their way to my bench yet.

@Obsidian
We are working on 9* Titans now. I’ve been able to make do with just Wu as well along with Gormek (def down), so I think you’d do just fine here :wink: What is your line?

Before you make your final decision, please check us out . I’ve been following your posts and understand your expectations. I’m positive you’d find your forever home with us.

Your recruitment post started around the same time one other player in a similar boat started. It has been 2 weeks and noticed you are still looking. You kind of want to mull your options and while at the same time, you kind of wanted your alliance to work out the situation. It is understandable, assuming that is your first alliance or at least the alliance you’ve stayed for the longest period of time, you grow attached, and felt committed. As the song goes, the first cut is the deepest.

@Razor have good points made and runs a great resource website.

It looks like you wanted to do well in hoping the alliance would grow and prosper on all fronts (hit Titans, coordinate for wars), so I think you may be at least a semi-competitive and committed player. If anything, I’ll toss in our odd ball casually active alliance in the mix (as if you don’t already have enough great choices already, right?).

Technicolor Minds - Casually Active, Titans first, Wars secondary/optional, and rules are ran on courtesy/honor system, rather than enforced. Most of our alliance members opted in will use war flags to the best of abilities. I myself don’t war, so I am opted out so my rosters aren’t affecting the war. The chat room is never really silent, people might be busy, but occasionally our usual chattier members drop in. We are easily killing 7* titans and are ok with 8*, managed to kill some 9*. Always looking for more committed players. Can’t say we win most of our wars and there is only casual coordination amongst our warring players. Do you know what bothers them more than anything? Not losing wars, but just people opted in and not using war flags.

I might lead the alliance, but I don’t have the strongest roster, my casual play style probably has something to do with that. A few co-leaders I have appointed to help things out, they’ve all grown used to the style and pace. Our alliance is made up of mostly working adults, some have families that consist of children or grandchildren. Don’t make in-game leadership management seem like work / chore. To me, at least, is not worth it.

Any way, good luck in your search and hope you find something that suits your play style.

1 Like

I sent you a friend request on Discord. I understand finding your forever home is your main goal and popping in and out of alliances is not the best route, so I offer you an outside the box option. Take a look at my discord server… I will give you rights, you can read though it, see if it’s something you would like. If we are not a good fit for you, leave the server and keep looking…